User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Can We Have Some Real Talk About Ukraine?

Hybrid View

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,526x in 94,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can We Have Some Real Talk About Ukraine?

An interesting opinion piece on the war in Ukraine.

Time to get real. Ukraine is an equal opportunity crisis because it provides politicians of both parties a chance to be wrong, although it allows the Democrats the opportunity to do what they do best and be much, much more wrong. For the Republicans, it lets them indulge the desire of some to return to a time when America could focus its moral firepower – if not its firepower firepower – upon a readily-identifiable baddie like it did during the Cold War or the War on Terror. For the left, it allows them to create a moral panic to replace COVID, which, naturally, requires that we Americans "sacrifice" even more of our freedom and money.
    Spot on with the Libs. For the Cons, I would clarify that applies to the neocons.

From the perspective of someone who actually trained Ukrainian troops in Ukraine, commanded US forces, and attended the US Army War College – though it's kind of the Chico State of war colleges – the whole way our elite is approaching the crisis is an epic clusterfark.
    I split this paragraph for emphasis.

Don't believe anything anyone tells you – and certainly, sanity check whatever I'm telling you, too – most of these insta-experts on intra-Slavic conflict know absolutely squat-ski. Moreover, their remarkably dumb observations and credulous acceptance of conventional wisdom, which has proven long on conventional and short on wisdom, are being presented without any kind of strategic context. They don't know where this crisis came from and certainly have no clear notion of where they want it to go beyond the vague and unhelpful idea that they want Putin (which they use interchangeably with Russia) to "lose" without knowing what that even means.

Biases are important, and here are mine. I sympathize with the Ukrainian people, partly because I worked with them and partly because I was an end-stage Cold Warrior who came up training to fight Russians. I understand that this mess is not merely the result of Putin being bad or Trump being insufficiently anti-Putin, like LTC Sausage and the rest of the failed foreign policy elite and regime media insist. Putin's badness plays a part, but he's merely exploiting thousands of years of bloody history, of ethnic hatred, and of Orthodox mysticism, as well as totally misguided and poorly-considered Western interference. The idea that we could just make Ukraine part of NATO and the Russians would just lump it is remarkable for its dumbness, but it is fully in keeping with our foreign policy elite's unbroken track record of failure since the old-school military's victory in the Gulf War – something I discuss in-depth in my upcoming Regnery book "We'll Be Back: The Fall and Rise of America." My bottom line is that the Ukrainians are imperfect, and regardless of whether the Russians have some quasi-legit beefs in some cosmic sense, you don't solve them by sending in a couple hundred thousand mechanized soldiers.

Oh no! He brought up NATO expansion and history!

The rest is about the poor way that Russia is fighting their war. I mentioned before that Putin was playing WWII Soviet battle. Don't let your armor out distance your infantry. You need the infantry to take out the enemies infantry that is armed with anti-tank weapons.

More at the link.

"Putin bad" is true, but it's insufficient. It's time for some real talk about America's interests, which may not be Ukraine's interests, and how we are pursuing them. Except no one wants to talk about that because that's not fun. Moral panics are, and stopping for a second to think strategically spoils the party for many in both parties.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (03-14-2022),carolina73 (03-14-2022),Common (03-14-2022),donttread (04-19-2022),Ethereal (02-16-2023),LWW (02-10-2023)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 402
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    JesusIsLord's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 97x in 86 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is straight up human sacrifice.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusIsLord View Post
    This is straight up human sacrifice.
    I couldnt really argue that point with you
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,504x in 16,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    An interesting opinion piece on the war in Ukraine.

Spot on with the Libs. For the Cons, I would clarify that applies to the neocons.

I split this paragraph for emphasis.

Oh no! He brought up NATO expansion and history!

The rest is about the poor way that Russia is fighting their war. I mentioned before that Putin was playing WWII Soviet battle. Don't let your armor out distance your infantry. You need the infantry to take out the enemies infantry that is armed with anti-tank weapons.

More at the link.
    I read the link. It's very good, thank you for posting it. I'm not well versed enough to be relevant in a Ukraine/Russia convo but I'm learning as much as possible.

I'll say this much. Putin scares me . So much of this not escalating to a WW III scenario seems to rest on the notion Putin will remain rational. A WWIII scenario may be a little stout but it's out there.

One thing is certain . The Biden admin will not be a deterrant simply because there is no respect for him.

America is going to crumble from all sides without a miracle
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the fact that you should believe nothing you hear from either side and especially from our media.

On the battle tactics the Russians certainly aren't using integrated approach by all services and unit types. This is what makes the American military so effective. When you fight America you have deal with it all. What we call inter service rivalries are nothing compared to corruption and service rivalries the breeds in the Russian army and the PLA (which is the army of the Chinese Communist Party not the nation of China btw)

All this leads to very ineffective fighting force. The flip side is they don't have to be too effective here. They will simply grind their way to the finish line in the most brutish and costly way possible
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Admiral Ackbar For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (03-14-2022),LWW (02-10-2023),Peter1469 (03-14-2022),RMNIXON (03-14-2022)

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Orion Rules's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 694x in 569 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is claimed Russia was warned by a former Prime Minister of the Ukraine, Mykola Azarov, that the U.S. had prepared an attack on Russia for February 25, 2022. First, Donbass was to be destroyed and Russian retaliation expected.

It is said the plan was then to eliminate Russia by nuclear bombs. Therefore, it is said Russia began to destroy all military installations in the Ukraine the day before the destruction of Donbass was to begin.
    Plant farms and animal sanctuaries with just compensation: Genesis 1:29-30, 2-3, Lev. 24:18-22, Psalm 50, Isaiah 1, 11:6-9, 65, 66, Daniel 1, Hosea 2:18, Revelation 20-22.

Creation of horses: Zechariah 6:1-8, 14:20. Wild Horses, burros persecuted, parted out in violation of Public Law 92-195:
    https://twitter.com/WildHorseEdu

Jesus was a Vegetarian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx6J6jh1Dzo

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Orion Rules For This Useful Post:

JesusIsLord (03-14-2022)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,526x in 94,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
    It is claimed Russia was warned by a former Prime Minister of the Ukraine, Mykola Azarov, that the U.S. had prepared an attack on Russia for February 25, 2022. First, Donbass was to be destroyed and Russian retaliation expected.

It is said the plan was then to eliminate Russia by nuclear bombs. Therefore, it is said Russia began to destroy all military installations in the Ukraine the day before the destruction of Donbass was to begin.
    Sounds like something a child dreamed up.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (03-14-2022)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,929
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,648x in 28,238 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Sounds like something a child dreamed up.
    A child could do better. It sounds like something that RT could claim, as an excuse that they were mislead by Ukraine to attack.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-15-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 97x in 86 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if you want straight talk, lots of that coming out of India. It's the strangest thing, whole panels of actual adults with actual wisdom and experience in the world. Former Generals, Ambassadors, octogenarian university professors...not one tranny or plastic looking weirdo with botox face and capped teeth, no commercials playing "chicken fried" during scenes of war...I DON'T FEEL SAFE.

An actual general talking about the actual truth going on. This is a must watch for anyone that thinks Russia is in any way losing or "unprofessional" here. I've been looking at media from all over Asia and Africa, and it's the same thing over and over, and it's exactly what I have been saying all along. Is Nigeria a Russian puppet now? FFS. Even their state media is talking about how they are more than justified to do what they are doing.

Every day I'm more and more leaning towards the idea that this is about creating a new cold war. I've already posted before about people in high places claiming this is all about Israeli arms manufacturers wanting to open up new markets. And never forget that the top ten Iraq war profiteers were all Democrats. They control the arms trade. They controlled both houses during Iraq war; they could have voted to stop it anytime, but they just made speeches against the war then went and cashed their dividend check in Lockheed Martin or something. I think Kerry was the biggest one. I can't find the article anymore which stated this; many things I had never bookmarked because I knew the search terms I used before have become unfindable. I'm barely getting anything relevant anymore, the rankings are so biased and corrupt even non political things are becoming difficult to find. I guess they have all switched to obscuring information.

And look who's brokering the talks? Israel.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JesusIsLord For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (03-14-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 97x in 86 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post

The Russian government (foreign ministry I think) released the captured plans on their twitter, complete with pictures. I can't read cyrillic, so it might say "Americans are stupid gullible pigs" for all I know, but this is a thing, this has been reported in non-north american news. very widely. Of course nobody bothers looking, we keep asking the CIA what Putin's thoughts and opinions are, meanwhile they aren't being shy about telling us.

https://english.pravda.ru/news/russi...raine_donbass/

The pdfs have been wiped from every site which had them a few days ago. I just spent about 30 mins checking, and every one is taken down. I also found out RT's website is no longer accessible from Canada, but got it with VPN on opera set to Asia. If you're in the right, you don't need to censor. Only the guilty silence witnesses.

This article below is very useful for those with eyes to see.

https://www.sott.net/article/465384-...ing-in-Ukraine

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JesusIsLord For This Useful Post:

Orion Rules (03-14-2022)

+ Reply to Thread