Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,118x in 94,140 Posts
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20 Facts About The Emerging Global Food Shortage That Should Chill You To The Core

A very alarming global food shortage has already begun, and it is only going to get worse in the months ahead.

I realize that this is not good news, but I would encourage you to share the information in this article with everyone that you can. People deserve to understand what is happening, and they deserve an opportunity to get prepared. The pace at which things are changing around the globe right now is absolutely breathtaking, but most people assume that life will just continue to carry on as it normally does. Unfortunately, the truth is that a very real planetary emergency is developing right in front of our eyes.

The following are 20 facts about the emerging global food shortage that should chill you to the core…
    See the list at the link.

The number of egg-laying chickens that are being put down (to include Iowa) around the world seems staggering. Good thing I get my eggs from a local farmer.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (04-06-2022),RMNIXON (06-09-2022)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,406x in 36,393 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    20 Facts About The Emerging Global Food Shortage That Should Chill You To The Core

See the list at the link.

The number of egg-laying chickens that are being put down (to include Iowa) around the world seems staggering. Good thing I get my eggs from a local farmer.
    There are around as many chicken laying hens in the US as there are people.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,406x in 36,393 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Yes, upon further research, Monsanto withdrew it from the market. It did not withdraw GMO corn or soy - both implicated in processed foods. However, it would appear that the main reason the European bread consumed by tourists is easier on the digestion comes down to the absence of unpronounceable preservatives and the absence of vegetable oils added to preserve the "squishiness" and apparent "freshness" of bread. Many vegetable oils change in chemical composition when they are heated and actually become carcinogenic. Furthermore, they are prone to becoming rancid, so manufacturers bleach, boil, deodorize, and refine them to preserve them. Unfortunately, once they are unfit to be broken down by bacteria or microbes, they are also unfit for human digestion, since that is the basis for our ability to digest vegetable matter.
    Almost all of the wheat products I consume are 100% whole grain with a minimum of ingredients but that kind of preservative laden bread has been around for a long time. Maybe people are just eating more and more of it.

You'd be surprised how little of the food supply is GMO. Many vegetables and fruits don't have a GMO variety for one reason or another. Corn and soy are by far the largest GMO crops.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,131
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,898x in 8,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Almost all of the wheat products I consume are 100% whole grain with a minimum of ingredients but that kind of preservative laden bread has been around for a long time. Maybe people are just eating more and more of it.

You'd be surprised how little of the food supply is GMO. Many vegetables and fruits don't have a GMO variety for one reason or another. Corn and soy are by far the largest GMO crops.
    I wonder how many bread manufacturers are using corn or soy oil in their products?

Other factors that I have seen mentioned:

The use of Round-up on wheat crops, of which the active ingredient is glyphosate. Glyphosate acts as a pesticide by perforating the intestines of insects. It seems to have a deleterious affect on human intestines as well, since the data suggests that it leads to inflammatory diseases as well as gluten sensitivity specifically.

The higher gluten content in American wheat i.e. 15% in the US vs 10% in Europe.

The extensive use of buttermilk in European bread, which naturally breaks down gluten, rendering the gluten content in the bread lower than it might be with other ingredients.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (04-06-2022),Peter1469 (04-06-2022)

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 513
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,781x in 4,146 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    FIRST:
    A strawman is an attempt to incorrectly and intentionally attribute a comment or intent to someone. I am very familiar with this form of attack because the righties here try it on me all the time.
    For example:
    Abby incorrectly says: He at first claimed it was "global food shortage," even pointed out it was the thread topic.I responded to her in this post
    SECOND:
    What is it you think I claimed? (Please use a direct quote. I do not want to accuse you of stawmanning me, too.)
    I am on board with that. Continue...
    Tell that to the law of supply and demand.
    I don't disagree with your conclusion. I am not sure I completely agree with the path you took to get there. Are you trying to refute a claim I made, because I don't see the conflict.
    Regardless of who you say said what, your claim was 'Biden didn't say the US would have a food shortage' (paraphrasing) Then you swung to 'Biden didn't say the US would have a wheat shortage'. Your attempt at getting specific with 'wheat', because the US CAN and DOES produce wheat, which Biden did not say, I went with not only Biden stating GLOBAL food shortage, and added the FACT that the US can produce wheat, but is not currently rigged to produce all the goods that involve wheat or it's byproducts.

Re your comment regarding 'supply and demand' and prices rising, as the supply dwindles (caused by the shortage of goods that include wheat) prices will rise. I already stated that. What happens when the supply continues to dwindle, the prices will continue to rise.... but people will also find a substitute. For all intents and purposes in this discussion, the supply is finite until someone either rigs up to produce wheat inclusive goods, or the Ukraine starts recovery from Russia's invasion and starts producing more wheat for export.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 3,504
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,436x in 28,111 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    Regardless of who you say said what, your claim was 'Biden didn't say the US would have a food shortage' (paraphrasing) Then you swung to 'Biden didn't say the US would have a wheat shortage'. Your attempt at getting specific with 'wheat', because the US CAN and DOES produce wheat, which Biden did not say, I went with not only Biden stating GLOBAL food shortage, and added the FACT that the US can produce wheat, but is not currently rigged to produce all the goods that involve wheat or it's byproducts.

Re your comment regarding 'supply and demand' and prices rising, as the supply dwindles (caused by the shortage of goods that include wheat) prices will rise. I already stated that. What happens when the supply continues to dwindle, the prices will continue to rise.... but people will also find a substitute. For all intents and purposes in this discussion, the supply is finite until someone either rigs up to produce wheat inclusive goods, or the Ukraine starts recovery from Russia's invasion and starts producing more wheat for export.
    You are wasting your time. Endless proof to Liquids never result in an admission that he was incorrect.

I swear he invented the Clinton line of That depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (06-09-2022)

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,118
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Retirednsmilin308's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,826x in 3,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Centinel View Post
    When the power goes off, I will power my freezer with my generator. But yeah, I will use that stuff first.
    You are your own person, so do what you like.

I would like to merely tack this little note up for you to look at.

It wastes a lot of fuel trying to power a freezer or frig.

Get a large sport fishing ice chest that keeps stuff cold for weeks like they do in sport fishing boats.

Empty everything out of the frig and freezer into it and it will stay cold for weeks. No ice needed. The stuff that is already frozen and cold will keep everything else cold.

Save that precious fuel for more important needs.

...but you do what you like. Your freezer and your generator.
    When it is not allowed to be questioned, it is not science, it is PROPAGANDA

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now the CEO of Goya is raising the alarm.

‘We Are on the Precipice of a Food Shortage’: Goya CEO on Looming Food Crisis

Policies leading to a war on fossil fuel as well as the Russian invasion of Ukraine will contribute to a food crisis, according to Robert Unanue, President and CEO of Goya Foods. “We are on the precipice of food shortage.”

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2547 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More on fertilizer shortages.

One of the most pernicious consequences - if primarily for the anti-Russia west - resulting from the Ukraine war, has been the unprecedented spike in fertilizer prices which among other things, has sparked a historic surge in food prices and collapse in supply chains around the globe, as we discussed in these articles published over the past few months:Fast forwarding to today, when we have some good, some bad and some pretty terrible news. The good news it that fertilizer prices have eased modestly from all time highs, as the following chart of Tampa Ammonia CFR spot prices shows.

The bad news is that the the price hasn't dropped nearly enough: according to Bloomberg, the glut of fertilizers piling up at the biggest Brazilian ports signals that the price of the nutrients has to drop further before farmers start buying.

In Paranagua, private warehouses reached their maximum storage capacity of 3.5 million tons, Luiz Teixeira da Silva, Paranagua’s operations director told Bloomberg. A terminal operated by VLI Logistics, one of the two at Santos port that store fertilizers, is also full, according to people with knowledge of the matter who asked not to be named as the information isn’t public.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 3,504
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,436x in 28,111 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ill effects of globalism and the lack of planning by governments.

But this is the problem in all industries. Greenies have pushed raw materials production out of the USA. That means domestic manufacturing is still at the mercy of many non-friendly country. Or in this case even a friendly country seeing big dollar signs. The USA knows how to make fertilizer. We have everything we need.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (06-09-2022)

+ Reply to Thread