User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TikTok influencers are reshaping how we think about life behind bars...

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,629x in 25,166 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow TikTok influencers are reshaping how we think about life behind bars...

TikTok influencers are reshaping how we think about life behind bars...

2000x.jpg

My favorite TikTok video starts with a clean-cut man in a baseball cap walking down a snowy street. “I'm going to my favorite teacher’s house from when I did my 21-year prison bid,” he tells the camera. “She is the BOMB. She doesn’t know I’m coming. Here we go, let’s surprise her!”He knocks, then turns back to the camera.

“I’m So Nervous Right Now,” the caption reads. Seconds later, the door swings open. “Mr. Lacey? Oh my God! How are you?” his former teacher cries, dissolving into laughter and then tears before inviting him inside. The 54-second video went viral last year with more than 2.7 million views. Michael Lacey — who did 21 years in Indiana prisons and now posts under the username Comrade Sinque — went on to become one of the top creators in the niche realm of prison TikTok, where people who did time tell the rest of the world what it’s like and put faces to the concept of mass incarceration.

“People are just giving you a real example about what that life looks like,” he told me. And the community of formerly incarcerated creators and their followers have been overwhelmingly supportive, he said. “It’s kind of ironic,” he added, “but prison TikTok is one of the most positive places on the app.” There is, of course, another variety of prison TikTok — videos by currently incarcerated people with contraband phones who show the world the abysmal conditions they live in and the variety of . The latter was a 59-second video showing the 24-year-old in her living room staring straight at the camera spitting out rapid-fire facts. It racked up more than 11 million views.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...fe-behind-bars
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,629x in 56,017 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    TikTok influencers are reshaping how we think about life behind bars...

Tik Tok is trying to influence how our younger people think snout virtually everything. They are using America's right to free speech to program young people to believe that free speech is dangerous.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

LescoBrandon (11-21-2022)

+ Reply to Thread