User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steven A Smith called "Uncle Tom" Stephon Marbury for comments about Irving

Hybrid View

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,517x in 14,777 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steven A Smith called "Uncle Tom" Stephon Marbury for comments about Irving

My Opinion of Smith is that he is just another sports talking head of the $#@! variety. He's nasty getting personal beyond the person's play and even his tone and fake smile are abrasive.
    So there is my opinion of the guy and I have no problem with the athletes lashing back ( PR for everyone of course)
    I don't watch a lot but I see Smith as an equal opportunity $#@!. Am i wrong? Does he rain down praise and only praise for all 7 white NBA players and disparage his own race because of a deep seated hatred of self?
    The "Uncle Tom " comment came from Marbury. Smith called Kyrie Irving "delusional" I am not sure why. Then Marbury stuck his nose in to call Steven and Uncle tom because he "breaks down black athletes" According to Smith Maybury has a problem with him since he called Marbury out for eating vaseline years ago? Just how weird has the NBA gotten?

Anyway I thought I would throw this out for comment to see what you think about Smith and/or all of this. Or is it all just part of the theater? Is so who the hell is ESPN catering to?

https://www.totalprosports.com/2022/...cle-tom-video/
    Last edited by donttread; 05-07-2022 at 03:21 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (05-07-2022)

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,462
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,550x in 17,987 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not know the particulars and stopped following the NBA after decades of being a proud Lakers Fan.

I don't see a race problem as such. Only that a "few" black players think they can behave as they please and get a pass (pun intended). Also the selling out to China has me pissed off!
    My Revenge will be Success! - Donald J Trump

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (05-13-2022),donttread (05-07-2022)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    My Opinion of Smith is that he is just another sports talking head of the $#@! variety. He's nasty getting personal beyond the person's play and even his tone and fake smile are abrasive.
    So there is my opinion of the guy and I have no problem with the athletes lashing back ( PR for everyone of course)
    I don't watch a lot but I see Smith as an equal opportunity $#@!. Am i wrong? Does he rain down praise and only praise for all 7 white NBA players and disparage his own race because of a deep seated hatred of self?
    The "Uncle Tom " comment came from Marbury. Smith called Kyrie Irving "delusional" I am not sure why. Then Marbury stuck his nose in to call Steven and Uncle tom because he "breaks down black athletes" According to Smith Maybury has a problem with him since he called Marbury out for eating vaseline years ago? Just how weird has the NBA gotten?

Anyway I thought I would throw this out for comment to see what you think about Smith and/or all of this. Or is it all just part of the theater? Is so who the hell is ESPN catering to?

ESPN is a fullblown woke pos now...I wouldnt let them give me 20.00 bucks a month to subscribe to it

I used to watch football from a kid I never liked baseball or basketball and I still dont

I stopped watching footbal when I realized how much money every one playing makes, for playing a game and the woke bull$#@!

All I wach are combat sports...mma and certain boxing matchs that get my attention...Im not feeding over paid athlets that play the woke game
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,730
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,457x in 13,508 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post

I don't really know anything about Smith, other than Mark Levin is a friend and fan of his, and occasionally has him on his radio show.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

7. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-07-2022)

Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kyrie Irving is an all-star player for the Brooklyn Nets. He chose not to get the "vaccine" but NYC had a mandate in place, so the situation arose where Irving was not allowed to play at home games. Stephen Smith - who has always been a huge, loudmouth douche - reacted like a demented chihuahua biting at Irving's ankles. Apparently Smith is still at it months later and it angered one of Irving's friends. Do I think Smith is an "uncle Tom"? No. Smith is just an giant asshole in general. Generating controversy is part of his pathetic shtick. But Smith's reaction to Irving's choice has been outlandish even for Smith. It didn't help that Smith was taking cues from insane Democrats who kept trying to push their "vaccine" religion on the entire country.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-07-2022)

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,522x in 4,632 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Do I think Smith is an "uncle Tom"? No. Smith is just an giant asshole in general.
    I tend to agree, and he is paid to be a a-hole, so I don't take that too seriously. I used to kind of like Stephen A. Smith, but I haven't watched ESPN in years, because they just got too political and too woke. If I wanted to watch that garbage I'd turn on CNN. But I seem to recall him pushing BLM along with the rest of them, so I sure wouldn't say he was an Uncle Tom. By the way, IMO that term is highly offensive, and should be considered on the same level as the "N" word.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Omar For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-13-2022)

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,039x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    I tend to agree, and he is paid to be a a-hole, so I don't take that too seriously. I used to kind of like Stephen A. Smith, but I haven't watched ESPN in years, because they just got too political and too woke. If I wanted to watch that garbage I'd turn on CNN. But I seem to recall him pushing BLM along with the rest of them, so I sure wouldn't say he was an Uncle Tom. By the way, IMO that term is highly offensive, and should be considered on the same level as the "N" word.
    ..agree. Plus ESPN (additionally) shills for the SEC. It ignores rule violations of SEC schools but over-emphasizes other leagues’ tricky tacky violations.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,522x in 4,632 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    ..agree. Plus ESPN (additionally) shills for the SEC. It ignores rule violations of SEC schools but over-emphasizes other leagues’ tricky tacky violations.
    What's so special about the SEC that they shill for them?

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 810
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Now_What's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,705x in 2,288 Posts
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Terms like “Uncle Tom” or “apologist” are gross, used to shame people for their race when they don’t “act right”.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Now_What For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-13-2022),Omar (05-11-2022)

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,979x in 55,606 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I used to watch ESPN's First Take during football season. I had to stop because Stephen A Smith has turned into a raving woke lunatic. He gets excited and starts screaming with that high pitched squeal.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-13-2022)

+ Reply to Thread