User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Results 171 to 177 of 177

Thread: Sen. Gillibrand Accuses SCOTUS Justices of Perjury

  1. #171
    Points: 54,087, Level: 56
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registeredYour first Group50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1613
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    13,634
    Points
    54,087
    Level
    56
    Thanks Given
    1,937
    Thanked 1,603x in 1,341 Posts
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    Any woman who gets an abortion and any man that supports it, is pro-death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    The pro-death cult will fund the poor mothers who want to kill their babies. If they really believe in the right to kill babies.
    I see this frequently with people who have reached the end of their rationality rope.

    Instead of admit anything, they resort to using inaccurate, but emotionally charged descriptions. They appeal to emotion, because the rational argument has been lost. Arguing with such people is usually useless.
    Texas Bounty law


    People always look for and inevitably find ways to exploit loopholes.

    The Texas law is just one example.

    If we rely on textualist robots to defend an aging and effectively immutable Constitution, we will decline into true lawlessness.






  2. #172
    Points: 28,428, Level: 41
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    7207
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,388
    Points
    28,428
    Level
    41
    Thanks Given
    856
    Thanked 7,198x in 4,622 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    I see this frequently with people who have reached the end of their rationality rope.

    Instead of admit anything, they resort to using inaccurate, but emotionally charged descriptions. They appeal to emotion, because the rational argument has been lost. Arguing with such people is usually useless.
    The linguistic opposite of pro-life is pro-death. Who was it that said “words matter”?
    If Biden gets in, you’re going to end up with a depression, the likes of which you’ve never seen. You’ll be lucky if you end up with a country at all. ~ Trump

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier8 For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (Today),stjames1_53 (Today)

  4. #173
    Points: 113,241, Level: 81
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    53291
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    41,936
    Points
    113,241
    Level
    81
    Thanks Given
    83,816
    Thanked 24,309x in 17,002 Posts
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    I see this frequently with people who have reached the end of their rationality rope.

    Instead of admit anything, they resort to using inaccurate, but emotionally charged descriptions. They appeal to emotion, because the rational argument has been lost. Arguing with such people is usually useless.
    Each one of my words were correctly chosen and accurate. Killing anything is still killing.
    You kill it to keep it from becoming. You kill it to stop it before it transforms. That is fear.
    And you say I'm emotional? smh
    At least I'm not killing anything, much less out of fear.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  5. #174
    Points: 54,087, Level: 56
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registeredYour first Group50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Calendar Award
    TheLiquidGuy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1613
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    13,634
    Points
    54,087
    Level
    56
    Thanks Given
    1,937
    Thanked 1,603x in 1,341 Posts
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier8 View Post
    The linguistic opposite of pro-life is pro-death. Who was it that said “words matter”?
    But it is very clearly inaccurate. Yet you guys persist because it is an effective emotional appeal. For “pro-death” to be accurate, you would need to show people always want to kill the fetus. No one wants that.

    if you want to have an honest discussion, stop using that term.

    BTW, The linguistic opposite of pro-choice is anti-choice. Lets assess some other terms…

    pro-choice: accurate. These people favor the mother choosing all the time.
    pro-life: accurate. These people always want the fetus to live.
    anti-choice: accurate. These people never want the pregnant woman to have a choice.
    Texas Bounty law


    People always look for and inevitably find ways to exploit loopholes.

    The Texas law is just one example.

    If we rely on textualist robots to defend an aging and effectively immutable Constitution, we will decline into true lawlessness.






  6. #175
    Points: 28,428, Level: 41
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    7207
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,388
    Points
    28,428
    Level
    41
    Thanks Given
    856
    Thanked 7,198x in 4,622 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    But it is very clearly inaccurate. Yet you guys persist because it is an effective emotional appeal. For “pro-death” to be accurate, you would need to show people always want to kill the fetus. No one wants that.

    if you want to have an honest discussion, stop using that term.

    BTW, The linguistic opposite of pro-choice is anti-choice. Lets assess some other terms…

    pro-choice: accurate. These people favor the mother choosing all the time.
    pro-life: accurate. These people always want the fetus to live.
    anti-choice: accurate. These people never want the pregnant woman to have a choice.
    Here you do exactly what you say is wrong.
    If Biden gets in, you’re going to end up with a depression, the likes of which you’ve never seen. You’ll be lucky if you end up with a country at all. ~ Trump

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier8 For This Useful Post:

    stjames1_53 (Today)

  8. #176
    Points: 113,241, Level: 81
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    53291
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    41,936
    Points
    113,241
    Level
    81
    Thanks Given
    83,816
    Thanked 24,309x in 17,002 Posts
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    But it is very clearly inaccurate. Yet you guys persist because it is an effective emotional appeal. For “pro-death” to be accurate, you would need to show people always want to kill the fetus. No one wants that.

    if you want to have an honest discussion, stop using that term.

    BTW, The linguistic opposite of pro-choice is anti-choice. Lets assess some other terms…

    pro-choice: accurate. These people favor the mother choosing all the time.
    pro-life: accurate. These people always want the fetus to live.
    anti-choice: accurate. These people never want the pregnant woman to have a choice.
    So, killing isn't killing......................huh, I would have never known that.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  9. #177
    Points: 31,552, Level: 43
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 898
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    4762
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,521
    Points
    31,552
    Level
    43
    Thanks Given
    3,960
    Thanked 4,752x in 2,950 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiquidGuy View Post
    I agree that ridicule is an unfair weapon. That's why I only use it after unfair weapons have been used on me. Take for an example, your ridicule of me...








    So, you managed to say something intelligent. Now, try for coherent.
    I was not ridiculing only pointing out the irony of Communists line of thinking
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts