Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,334x in 18,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    I saw my first rabbit today in my back yard. It was larger than my cat, probably ten pounds. It ran all away across my yard while I watched. It stopped near the blueberry hill I planted last September.

I have a pair of nesting Cardinals in my front yard. I love the wildlife.

There's been a rabbit out by the hay storage area, it freezes when it sees me , then takes off full speed, when I start talking to it, it acts like......phew, I barely got away!

I'm assuming it's always the same rabbit, same size but, there's probably a lot more living somewhere over there.
    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

Jen (05-17-2022),MisterVeritis (05-18-2022),Peter1469 (05-18-2022)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 711
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial10000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class
    Jen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,994x in 1,519 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    We had a den a few years back, 3 kits. Fortunately, they wandered off elsewhere.

We have a small, handicapped cat (3 legs) and we did worry for his safety, between the foxes and coyotes that we get occasionally. Just glad they headed elsewhere on their own.
    We have a fairly large 3-legged cat. We got him from the foster family right after he was released by the vet when his leg was removed. We nursed him back to health and we've had him not for 8 years. He's a stinker........a spoiled stinker. He's Siamese and very vocal. Our other cat hates him ........in 8 years they haven't learned to get along.
    WWG1WGA

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (05-18-2022),MisterVeritis (05-18-2022)

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,872x in 4,196 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    We have a fairly large 3-legged cat. We got him from the foster family right after he was released by the vet when his leg was removed. We nursed him back to health and we've had him not for 8 years. He's a stinker........a spoiled stinker. He's Siamese and very vocal. Our other cat hates him ........in 8 years they haven't learned to get along.
    Hoover, our handicap, was brutal on our other cat, Einstein. He would sneak attack Einstein and beat the crap out of him, push him away from the food dish, and made poor Einstein's life miserable. We had Einstein a couple of years before Hoover showed up as a kitten.

Einstein has gone over the Rainbow Bridge, and Hoover is currently an only cat, somewhere around 9-10 years old. But, if things go as planned, another stray will be joining our home, who is only about 2, rather small for his size, but will likely kick some butt if needed.

Some cats are the definition of 'doesn't play well with others'.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 711
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial10000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class
    Jen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,994x in 1,519 Posts
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    Hoover, our handicap, was brutal on our other cat, Einstein. He would sneak attack Einstein and beat the crap out of him, push him away from the food dish, and made poor Einstein's life miserable. We had Einstein a couple of years before Hoover showed up as a kitten.

Einstein has gone over the Rainbow Bridge, and Hoover is currently an only cat, somewhere around 9-10 years old. But, if things go as planned, another stray will be joining our home, who is only about 2, rather small for his size, but will likely kick some butt if needed.

Some cats are the definition of 'doesn't play well with others'.
    Our girl kitty adored her pal Bob. He went over that rainbow bridge at 17 years old and we thought we'd have another pal for her when we got Spidey. No such luck. She is 14 years old and we've had her since she was a few months old (rescue kitty). Spidey won't allow her to get to her litter box, so we have it high on a table.......he can't jump (heh). She lives on the high ground, he lives on the floor. They exist in the same room but we separate them at night. Every so often, I come into my office and discover he's in her bed on my desk (looking innocent of course) and she is sleeping over by her litter box. If they get close enough to tangle........there is hugging, rolling, screeching and a big pile of cat hair on the floor where they fought.That rarely happens. Both of them are 10 - 12 pounds. Spidey is 12 years old give or take.
    WWG1WGA

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (05-18-2022),MisterVeritis (05-18-2022)

+ Reply to Thread