Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,398x in 27,954 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Not sure why I said that the show was about he flood myth, it is actually about the Moses story the biblical plagues, and the parting of the sea. I guess the flood myth made me think of that. Sorry for the misrepresentation in what I said, when I re-read it right now I realized my mistake there. Either way it is a really good documentary. What it does show is how facts can play into the old myths.
    I noted the title and wondered about the connection.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-02-2022)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 72.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,398x in 27,954 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Epic of Gilgamesh.

The Sumerian flood story.

https://owlcation.com/humanities/The...an-Flood-Story
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (10-02-2022)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    The Epic of Gilgamesh.

The Sumerian flood story.

https://owlcation.com/humanities/The...an-Flood-Story
    I have read both more than once, very interesting. Thank you for the link that's great. The stories are pretty wild, In the beginning Enki had come down to earth, and established a paradise in Mesopotamia, he found this marsh in a place he named Eridu, and built water works, dikes and created lakes. I guess it was like a heaven realm, he loved it and would spend his days fishing on the water and enjoying the beauty there.

Then the Council of 12 came down to earth, and one of the members who was his half brother outranked him, his name was Enlil, and so the council sent Enki to the Apsu, meaning the deep. There They were doing mining and the Anunaki as they were called were doing all of the mining themselves, so Enki come up with a plan and started doing genetic experiments. The stories say he was using the primitive human beings that were already here and mixing their DNA with that of the Anunaki. The Anunaki women would give birth to them. They engineered these beings to look like them but have lower intelligence and shorter lifespans so they could be used as a slave race.

They made a lot of mistakes but finally created a perfected human they named the first one Adamu, very much like the Adam from the Garden of Eden. The prototype of being was then named after him, they were called the Adamu, meaning the black headed people. Once they created Adamu, they also created a comparable woman, and they took them both to Eridu. It was said that Enki loved them and it was there that he shared his knowledge and wisdom with them, and taught them science and mathematics. This story strongly resembles the Garden of Eden story.

Later in the story it was said that the Anunaki men fell in love with the human women and began taking them as their wives, and having children with them. This would make those children half Gods, this was highly frowned on by the Anunaki council. There was a great catastrophe that was going to happen on earth and the Anunaki council made a pact to not warn the humans and let them perish and let humanity be destroyed. But Enki loved the humans, he was their creator. All of the Anunaki were bound by oath to not tell the humans. Enki who like Satan was called the great trickster, indirectly told Ziasudra or Noah about the coming catastrophe and how to save his people.

It is said he went into a room with a reed mat, and they brought in ziasudra, and Enki just happened to be talking to himself out loud about the flood that was coming and how to build a boat, and what preps to bring on board. He told Ziasudra that when he seen all of the shems or ships (most likely) leaving earth that would be the time to board his ship.

In the story of the bible it is said that the waters came from the deep. If you read the Epic of creation, space is also called the deep, it is called the Apsu, it is the deep and vast. Could it be that a water comet or asteroid came down and filled our atmosphere with water flooding the entire earth? Coincidentally this is also the same time as the Younger Dryas, around 11,600 years ago when the earth started to come out of the ice age.

So the Anunaki are up in their ships in space, and notice that there were survivors right away they knew Enki did it, and wanted to X him out. They went down to earth and landed their ships and were going to destroy all of the survivors. But when they landed the people were barbecuing and the Anunaki had probably been subsisting on MRE's of some sort in their ships, perhaps that helped to soften their hearts, lol. But the head God Anu talked to Noah or Ziasudra and realized that he was a wise and good man, and decided to let them live and re-populate the earth.

And so the story goes.....

Enki has many similarities to the Satan of the bible. He is referred to as a serpent, and he was sent to the deep, and was also referred to as the trickster. There are also things like how we use the number 12 to this day, and it was said that the Anunaki were the council of 12.

I might have got some wrong it's a lot to remember but that's some of the gist of parts of the stories.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 10-02-2022 at 04:43 PM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (10-02-2022)

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many people present arguments for belief in G-d and for Torah -- the book revered by Jews, Christians, and Muslims. Other people present arguments for Atheism. Both sets of arguments are very complicated and perhaps based on our limited understanding of Creation.

Very few modern people ask a simple question. Wat if Atheist arguments are wrong, yet they find them more persuasive. What if they find out that Afterlife exists, and their cleansing process must take another 10,000 years due to their lack of Faith?
    Progressives are Passionate about establishing Totalitarian Tyranny.

Conservatives are Apathetic about maintaining a Free Society.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe in G-d and Torah. Torah is the Holy Book of Judaism, and it is contained within Christian Bible and Quran.

How can Atheists be 100% sure of their Atheism? How can they be 100% sure, that there is no Afterlife?

I remember my High School days as the best time of my life. I also read most Tanakh (Old Testament) during 10th grade. One thing I remember vividly is an experiment in magnesium oxidation in Chemistry lab. I was looking at a crucible of glowing magnesium oxide and I was upset thinking about Afterlife.
    Last edited by CCitizen; 10-06-2022 at 12:37 AM.
    Progressives are Passionate about establishing Totalitarian Tyranny.

Conservatives are Apathetic about maintaining a Free Society.

+ Reply to Thread