User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Home improvement this summer

  1. #1
    Points: 149,032, Level: 92
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 1,218
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    84806
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    45,417
    Points
    149,032
    Level
    92
    Thanks Given
    11,123
    Thanked 16,771x in 12,234 Posts
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Home improvement this summer

    I'm guessing most of you have a to do list of projects for the next few months?

    I am building a new door for my storage building out of t-111, 2x4's and furring strips. Some from my scrap pile, some bought for the purpose. Currently on hold since Saturday due to rain preventing the necessary painting and staining. Everything is cut and set to go.

    Next a new picnic table.


    How about you folks? Anything more ambitious than my small projects?
    Last edited by donttread; 05-16-2022 at 08:14 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

    countryboy (06-19-2022)

  3. #2
    Points: 56,941, Level: 58
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,409
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    65163
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Arizona and New Mexico
    Posts
    26,507
    Points
    56,941
    Level
    58
    Thanks Given
    25,120
    Thanked 22,671x in 14,119 Posts
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My projects consist of, fence mending, barn cleaning, mowing and, trimming......there's a whole list but, those are the main things.
    DONALD J. TRUMP......THE BEST PRESIDENT WE EVER HAD!


    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

    countryboy (06-19-2022),donttread (06-05-2022)

  5. #3
    Points: 114,930, Level: 82
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,720
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    53740
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    42,619
    Points
    114,930
    Level
    82
    Thanks Given
    85,368
    Thanked 24,758x in 17,303 Posts
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already started,
    Replaced two stairsteps stringers and new steps. check
    Fill in remainder craters left behind from wolf v. mole wars (almost checked offed)
    Battle wild rose from mowing path.
    Bushhog 3 acres, dry, then have local volunteer fire department do a burn off.
    Still cut 2 acres.
    2 chests, one halfway done.
    Mill rest of woodwork for kitchen and install.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

    countryboy (06-19-2022),donttread (06-05-2022)

  7. #4
    Points: 56,941, Level: 58
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,409
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    65163
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Arizona and New Mexico
    Posts
    26,507
    Points
    56,941
    Level
    58
    Thanks Given
    25,120
    Thanked 22,671x in 14,119 Posts
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    Already started,
    Replaced two stairsteps stringers and new steps. check
    Fill in remainder craters left behind from wolf v. mole wars (almost checked offed)
    Battle wild rose from mowing path.
    Bushhog 3 acres, dry, then have local volunteer fire department do a burn off.
    Still cut 2 acres.
    2 chests, one halfway done.
    Mill rest of woodwork for kitchen and install.

    I need to rework some brick walkways, due to the ground shifting underneath, I really need a whole new deck and, railing, new gravel and, milled asphalt for drive areas.....etc.....but, I can't do those myself.
    DONALD J. TRUMP......THE BEST PRESIDENT WE EVER HAD!


    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

    donttread (06-05-2022)

  9. #5
    Points: 149,032, Level: 92
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 1,218
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    84806
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    45,417
    Points
    149,032
    Level
    92
    Thanks Given
    11,123
    Thanked 16,771x in 12,234 Posts
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    I need to rework some brick walkways, due to the ground shifting underneath, I really need a whole new deck and, railing, new gravel and, milled asphalt for drive areas.....etc.....but, I can't do those myself.

    Just overseeing that will be a handful!

  10. #6
    Points: 51,080, Level: 55
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,470
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    20809
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    19,052
    Points
    51,080
    Level
    55
    Thanks Given
    6,672
    Thanked 14,041x in 8,869 Posts
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I'm guessing most of you have a to do list of projects for the next few months?

    I am building a new door for my storage building out of t-111, 2x4's and furring strips. Some from my scrap pile, some bought for the purpose. Currently on hold since Saturday due to rain preventing the necessary painting and staining. Everything is cut and set to go.

    Next a new picnic table.


    How about you folks? Anything more ambitious than my small projects?
    Good projects, that's exactly how I build doors.

    We have a list of projects as long as my arm. We've been working on them. Main one is on our cat facility known as The Cat Shack. We graded one side and added a layer of topsoil, next we will add another layer of topsoil sloped away from the structure and plant grass. We also have to finish an addition we started last year which involves adding cage wire and a brick paver floor. I also started using a brush hog implement on my tractor, and have a lot of areas I want to improve, and trails I want to maintain.
    FJB

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

    donttread (06-19-2022)

  12. #7
    Points: 149,032, Level: 92
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 1,218
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    84806
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    45,417
    Points
    149,032
    Level
    92
    Thanks Given
    11,123
    Thanked 16,771x in 12,234 Posts
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Good projects, that's exactly how I build doors.

    We have a list of projects as long as my arm. We've been working on them. Main one is on our cat facility known as The Cat Shack. We graded one side and added a layer of topsoil, next we will add another layer of topsoil sloped away from the structure and plant grass. We also have to finish an addition we started last year which involves adding cage wire and a brick paver floor. I also started using a brush hog implement on my tractor, and have a lot of areas I want to improve, and trails I want to maintain.
    As long as you are hanging out at the cat shack and not the cat house. LOL

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

    countryboy (06-19-2022)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts