User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 343

Thread: A new neighbor with dogs

  1. #1
    Points: 186,384, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    300994
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Northern Alabama
    Posts
    81,130
    Points
    186,384
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    79,840
    Thanked 32,362x in 23,361 Posts
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    A new neighbor with dogs

    I have a new neighbor with one medium-sized and one large dog. They run free. Today they chased my cat. I rescued my cat and then went back out. I told my neighbor that if his dogs hurt my cat I will kill his dogs.

    I don't think we will be friends.
    Last edited by MisterVeritis; 06-28-2022 at 11:17 AM.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.


    I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

    Abby08 (06-28-2022),Admiral Ackbar (06-28-2022),Captdon (06-28-2022),FindersKeepers (06-28-2022),Red Lily (06-28-2022)

  3. #2
    Points: 81,813, Level: 69
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 637
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    168753
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    24,309
    Points
    81,813
    Level
    69
    Thanks Given
    17,918
    Thanked 21,389x in 12,613 Posts
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love people who love dogs. I love people who love cats.

    But, people have to take care of their pets! They must never be allowed to harm other animals or humans.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

    donttread (06-28-2022),MisterVeritis (06-29-2022)

  5. #3
    Points: 186,384, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    300994
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Northern Alabama
    Posts
    81,130
    Points
    186,384
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    79,840
    Thanked 32,362x in 23,361 Posts
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    I love people who love dogs. I love people who love cats.

    But, people have to take care of their pets! They must never be allowed to harm other animals or humans.
    I predict he will build his privacy fence sooner rather than later.

    My cat likes to lie on the patio in the shade. I check to see if my neighbor's dogs are outside before letting my cat out into my large backyard.

    I'm checking the Glock, cleaning it twice, gonna find out who's naughty and nice...
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.


    I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

    Abby08 (06-28-2022),carolina73 (06-28-2022),FindersKeepers (06-28-2022),Peter1469 (06-28-2022),Red Lily (06-28-2022)

  7. #4
    Points: 13,652, Level: 28
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    4405
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    5,222
    Points
    13,652
    Level
    28
    Thanks Given
    7,162
    Thanked 4,395x in 2,725 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    I have a new neighbor with one medium-sized and one large dog. They run free. Today they chased my cat. I rescued my cat and then went back out. I told mu neighbor that if his dogs hurt my cat I will kill his dogs.
    I don't think we will be friends.
    But did you remember to put your pants on before you went out?

    I have low tolerance for people who will permit dogs to run loose, especially those who 'chase' cats or small dogs.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

    Abby08 (06-28-2022),donttread (06-29-2022),FindersKeepers (06-28-2022)

  9. #5
    Points: 81,813, Level: 69
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 637
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    168753
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    24,309
    Points
    81,813
    Level
    69
    Thanks Given
    17,918
    Thanked 21,389x in 12,613 Posts
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    I predict he will build his privacy fence sooner rather than later.

    My cat likes to lie on the patio in the shade. I check to see if my neighbor's dogs are outside before letting my cat out into my large backyard.

    I'm checking the Glock, cleaning it twice, gonna find out who's naughty and nice...
    The problem with cats, though, is that they'll climb a privacy fence--just because they can. Then, the fence can be a barrier to the cats being able to get quickly back to safety.

    Puppies should be trained from the time they're very young to like cats.

    I'm always a little leery of people who own dogs that will harm cats. It makes me wonder what kind of people they are.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

    Abby08 (06-28-2022),Dr. Who (06-30-2022)

  11. #6
    Points: 186,384, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    300994
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Northern Alabama
    Posts
    81,130
    Points
    186,384
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    79,840
    Thanked 32,362x in 23,361 Posts
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    But did you remember to put your pants on before you went out?

    I have low tolerance for people who will permit dogs to run loose, especially those who 'chase' cats or small dogs.
    Actually, no. On my rescue mission I went outside "come as you are." On my second outing I wore the Dockers I keep hanging nearby for just such purposes. The two dogs came running, barking in my direction. I rose up to greet them. My neighbor came out and called his dogs. I told him, perhaps a little too loudly about my solution to this problem.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.


    I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

    Abby08 (06-28-2022),Collateral Damage (06-28-2022)

  13. #7
    Points: 186,384, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    300994
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Northern Alabama
    Posts
    81,130
    Points
    186,384
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    79,840
    Thanked 32,362x in 23,361 Posts
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    The problem with cats, though, is that they'll climb a privacy fence--just because they can. Then, the fence can be a barrier to the cats being able to get quickly back to safety.

    Puppies should be trained from the time they're very young to like cats.

    I'm always a little leery of people who own dogs that will harm cats. It makes me wonder what kind of people they are.
    It is a separate issue if my cat goes looking for trouble and finds some. This trouble came to my back door.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.


    I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

  14. #8
    Points: 11,737, Level: 25
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial10000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Jen's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1874
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,498
    Points
    11,737
    Level
    25
    Thanks Given
    974
    Thanked 1,864x in 985 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That happened to me here. I had an indoor outdoor kitty and some renters moved in next door (we have a nice family there now who bought the house)........their dog chased my cat into my fenced yard. I went out there and really told that lady off. I never tell anyone off like that (no profanity, btw) but she deserved it. We had a gate opened so hubs could drive his mower into the back. Never again was that gate left open for any amount of time.

    That said............dogs should not be allowed to run free in any neighborhood. People who care about their dogs don't let that happen. You were absolutely right to tell that person what you'd do if his dogs hurt your cat ... OR come into your yard.....if you wish to include that.

    I love dogs. But owners have a responsibility.


  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jen For This Useful Post:

    Abby08 (06-28-2022)

  16. #9
    Points: 186,384, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    300994
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Northern Alabama
    Posts
    81,130
    Points
    186,384
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    79,840
    Thanked 32,362x in 23,361 Posts
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    That happened to me here. I had an indoor outdoor kitty and some renters moved in next door (we have a nice family there now who bought the house)...their dog chased my cat into my fenced yard. I went out there and really told that lady off. I never tell anyone off like that (no profanity, btw) but she deserved it. We had a gate opened so hubs could drive his mower into the back. Never again was that gate left open for any amount of time.

    That said...dogs should not be allowed to run free in any neighborhood. People who care about their dogs don't let that happen. You were absolutely right to tell that person what you'd do if his dogs hurt your cat ... OR come into your yard.....if you wish to include that.

    I love dogs. But owners have a responsibility.
    The dogs run across my back yard every day. Of course, dogs poop where they choose to. And the large dog poops close to my patio. The privacy fence will take care of that.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.


    I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

  17. #10
    Points: 11,737, Level: 25
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial10000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Jen's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    1874
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,498
    Points
    11,737
    Level
    25
    Thanks Given
    974
    Thanked 1,864x in 985 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    The dogs run across my back yard every day. Of course, dogs poop where they choose to. And the large dog poops close to my patio. The privacy fence will take care of that.
    A privacy fence is needed. Is that dog owner even responsible enough to build one? Seems that if he lets his dogs run wild, maybe he's not.


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts