User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am not an activist or "revolutionary".

Hybrid View

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not an activist or "revolutionary".

Yes, there are Social Injustices I care very deeply about. Anyone who pays attention would understand that

1) male victims of Domestic Violence suffer enormous prejudice and discrimination

2) hundreds of thousands of men accused of sexism or Sexual Misconduct lose their careers on no evidence

3) there is enormous amount of Misandry on Social Media -- many people celebrate male suicide and health problems

Nevertheless, I am not posting about these issues on large Social Media platforms. Men and women who talk about these issues on Twitter and YouTube are subject to enormous abuse by hundreds of people. Many of them are stalked. I am grateful to these man and women, but I am not willing to make this sacrifice. Yesterday I have deleted my last Twitter account. I do talk on few small forums. Perhaps I have not changed anyone's opinion on any issue.

I do have to talk about the issues in which I am interested. I can not hold everything within myself.
    Progressives are Passionate about establishing Totalitarian Tyranny.

Conservatives are Apathetic about maintaining a Free Society.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 2,192
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,264x in 12,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    Yes, there are Social Injustices I care very deeply about. Anyone who pays attention would understand that

1) male victims of Domestic Violence suffer enormous prejudice and discrimination

2) hundreds of thousands of men accused of sexism or Sexual Misconduct lose their careers on no evidence

3) there is enormous amount of Misandry on Social Media -- many people celebrate male suicide and health problems

Nevertheless, I am not posting about these issues on large Social Media platforms. Men and women who talk about these issues on Twitter and YouTube are subject to enormous abuse by hundreds of people. Many of them are stalked. I am grateful to these man and women, but I am not willing to make this sacrifice. Yesterday I have deleted my last Twitter account. I do talk on few small forums. Perhaps I have not changed anyone's opinion on any issue.

I do have to talk about the issues in which I am interested. I can not hold everything within myself.
    Having a cause is a fine thing, and speaking out about it is your right. However, when faced with overwhelming disagreement and worse, particularly when it's coming from all quarters, it's good to seriously consider whether you've allowed yourself to become misinformed about the prevalence of the problem, or whether it's something in your presentation of your beliefs and thinking that is sparking the negative, even hostile reaction, or both.

In the past, I've noticed that your response to attempts by other members to get you to put your complaints into a more reasonable perspective, or to back off from certain (probably) very exaggerated numbers, as well as their attempts to engage you in a discussion of how not all such incidents of what you term "prejudice and discrimination" involve men who are blameless or deserving of anyone's sympathy, is to simply repeat the same accusations and numbers. Quite honestly, you've never acted as though you wanted to discuss it with us; you've been happy to make the claims that you make and not allow for the possibility that a different view of the situation might be valid.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Having a cause is a fine thing, and speaking out about it is your right. However, when faced with overwhelming disagreement and worse, particularly when it's coming from all quarters, it's good to seriously consider whether you've allowed yourself to become misinformed about the prevalence of the problem, or whether it's something in your presentation of your beliefs and thinking that is sparking the negative, even hostile reaction, or both.
    I do not think I am really exaggerating the problem. Many issues listed affect hundreds of thousands of men, while tens of millions of men are oblivious of these issues. For example, at least hundreds of thousands of male victims of Domestic Violence have been arrested. That is an injustice on extremely grand scale. On the other hand, it does not mean that all men suffer this kind of injustice. It does not mean that most men know anyone who has suffered this kind of injustice.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 2,192
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,264x in 12,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I do not think I am really exaggerating the problem. Many issues listed affect hundreds of thousands of men, while tens of millions of men are oblivious of these issues. For example, at least hundreds of thousands of male victims of Domestic Violence have been arrested. That is an injustice on extremely grand scale. On the other hand, it does not mean that all men suffer this kind of injustice. It does not mean that most men know anyone who has suffered this kind of injustice.
    The above post is an example of what I'm referring to.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (07-01-2022),DGUtley (07-01-2022),Now_What (07-02-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    The above post is an example of what I'm referring to.
    The numbers I gave are not exaggerated. Hundreds of thousands of male victims of Domestic Violence have been arrested. That does not mean that most men have experienced this or know someone who has. But that is an injustice on a grand scale.

How many people are arrested for family violence each year? There are no national statistics. According to a partial FBI report from police stations covering 68% of population, 995,000 people are arrested in USA each year for assault. Here. That means that about .995/0.68=1.5 million people are arrested for assault each year in USA.

About half of these arrests are for intimate partner violence -- about 700,000 per year. More precise data is unavailable. The latest data is for California 1998 -- 47,500 males and 9,400 females arrested for Domestic Violence that year. Extrapolating these numbers for whole US population would give a figure of 430,000 males and 85,000 females arrested for Domestic Violence that year. In recent years, figures may be higher.

According to Male Victims’ Experiences With and Perceptions of the Criminal Justice Response to Intimate Partner Abuse, when male victims called the police and arrest was made, the male victim was arrested in 60% of cases.
    Hence, a high percentage of the 430,000 men arrested for Domestic Violence are victims. Thus, at least 100,000 male victims of DV are arrested each year or about 2 million since the beginning of this century.
    Last edited by CCitizen; 07-01-2022 at 01:57 AM.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,715x in 16,155 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm sure that some of the men you speak of simply get up, dust off their latest beating by the Ms and get their ass kicked again the next day. Sad
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    I'm sure that some of the men you speak of simply get up, dust off their latest beating by the Ms and get their ass kicked again the next day. Sad
    Many victims of abuse can not leave. Many abusive women threaten their partners with false accusation -- thus their partner is afraid to leave. Here.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many victims of abuse can not leave. Many abusive women threaten their partners with false accusation -- thus their partner is afraid to leave. Here.

I think some of the problem is that people don't want to admit they're in a toxic relationship. It's obviously going to be easier for females to leave than males, if they're abused. But, it can still be difficult. Like the elderly couple I mentioned earlier. As far as I know, he went back home after he got stitched up.

The false accusation thing happens way too often. And, it hurts both males and females.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (07-03-2022)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,541x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to the gym.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,627x in 25,166 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a walk, take a hike, ride a bike or go for a swim.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

+ Reply to Thread