User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should all Progressive men stay loyal to Democrats?

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    After the Supreme Court overturned Roe vs. Wade, some Conservative women are joining the Democratic Party. Perhaps the fact that mostly male Supreme Court made a decision regarding women's bodily autonomy is unfair. Thus, some women who agree with Republicans on most issues will vote Democrat.

Progressive men should likewise reevaluate their Party loyalty. Even if you agree with Democrats on most issues, can you vote for the Party that views you as an oppressor for being male? Can you vote for the Party which strongly supports Presumption of Guilt for men accused of Sexism and Sexual Misconduct? Since 2017, tens or hundreds of thousands of accused men lost their careers and university enrollment based on unproven accusations. Can you vote for the Party which supports treating male victims of Domestic Violence as Primary Aggressors. Even though Johnny Depp threatened President Trump, Republicans support him, while Democrats demonize him.

I understand that for many Progressives of either gender, some Republican positions can be a deal-breaker. Nevertheless, Progressives in general and Progressive men in particular should reevaluate their loyalty.
    "Joining" a party is part of the problem, not a solution.

I'm registered as GOP so I can vote in local elections which are almost always decided in the primaries. Realistically though, I'm much more independent since I don't have a lot in common with the religious right. While I will cross over and vote Democrat (I've never had to before) if a GOP candidate is anti-choice, I'll do that in the general election, so it's unlikely I'll change my affiliation.

Likewise, I can't see progressive men moving to the GOP, especially now that the GOP has taken a hard right into extremism. Yet, progressives are pretty extreme in their own way.

As far as the demonetization of males, that's not right, but it's probably going to get worse in light of the extremist anti-choice measures in some states. You're Jewish, so you understand abortion on a higher intellectual level than evangelical protestants do. They're more akin to the swine you're not supposed to cast your pearls before. What I'm trying to say is that the extremist abortion rules set in place by the evangelicals will deepen the rift between males and females and set males up as even bigger predators and enemies.

Our two-party system is failing us--we've outgrown it--but I don't see any viable alternative on the horizon.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (07-12-2022),donttread (07-12-2022)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 801
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,483x in 15,899 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no such thing as a "Progressive man". It is a contradiction in terms.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,646x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Quite frankly, I haven't seen a more demeaning comment directed at women than the above.
    Which one? The university "courts" he's talking about are very real and have led to lawsuits and suicide.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (07-12-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    "Joining" a party is part of the problem, not a solution.

I'm registered as GOP so I can vote in local elections which are almost always decided in the primaries. Realistically though, I'm much more independent since I don't have a lot in common with the religious right. While I will cross over and vote Democrat (I've never had to before) if a GOP candidate is anti-choice, I'll do that in the general election, so it's unlikely I'll change my affiliation.

Likewise, I can't see progressive men moving to the GOP, especially now that the GOP has taken a hard right into extremism. Yet, progressives are pretty extreme in their own way.

As far as the demonetization of males, that's not right, but it's probably going to get worse in light of the extremist anti-choice measures in some states. You're Jewish, so you understand abortion on a higher intellectual level than evangelical protestants do. They're more akin to the swine you're not supposed to cast your pearls before. What I'm trying to say is that the extremist abortion rules set in place by the evangelicals will deepen the rift between males and females and set males up as even bigger predators and enemies.

Our two-party system is failing us--we've outgrown it--but I don't see any viable alternative on the horizon.
    The "R" and the "D" on the chest are just another way to divide us and for them ( the beltway people and their owners) to profit.
    Woman vs man even when we are told we don't know what a woman or man even is?
    Rural vs City
    Black vs white
    Brown vs black and white
    Co vs lib

We are being divided into ever smaller cult like groups with no power to set Washington straight. Can you imagine trying to get a grass roots movement for term limits going these days? Even if all the groups agree, and most do, they are sworn to not even associate must less work together.
    What a perfect world for political coruption!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (07-12-2022)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    The "R" and the "D" on the chest are just another way to divide us and for them ( the beltway people and their owners) to profit.
    Woman vs man even when we are told we don't know what a woman or man even is?
    Rural vs City
    Black vs white
    Brown vs black and white
    Co vs lib

We are being divided into ever smaller cult like groups with no power to set Washington straight. Can you imagine trying to get a grass roots movement for term limits going these days? Even if all the groups agree, and most do, they are sworn to not even associate must less work together.
    What a perfect world for political coruption!
    You're right about all of this--it all exists to divide us.

I really don't know the answer, but it's discouraging to watch this happen.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

donttread (07-12-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    As for Johnny Depp he is no hero of mine. I am well aware he is a committed lefty who moved to France because of his dislike for these United States, but has no problem making millions off our box office.

The only measure of support is that the #MeToo "guilt by accusation" agenda of the radical feminists needed to be taken down, and high profile Depp just happened to be the guy to expose it. Many others who are not celebrities have suffered false accusations in a court of law no doubt.
    Physical abuse and real sex assault are horrible crimes and I cannot even fathom how common they are. By their nature there are often no witnesses and most of the time the accusations are rooted in fact.
    But that does not mean that under our system of innocent until proven guilty that we can "just believe the woman". As it turns out woman are people and people are capable of lying through their teeth. Accusations of abuse are used to mitigate murder charges and when I see that I wonder where is the evidence. Three ER visits with hard to explain injuries in the past 5 years? I'm gonna tend to believe, no backup at all, I tend not to.
    That does not mean that I do see this as a huge issue. Men should send a clear message to those few men who behave this way, as most of us teach our sons , to respect women. And when they disrespect you you cannot hit them. There is a door there somewhere.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (07-12-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right about all of this--it all exists to divide us.

I really don't know the answer, but it's discouraging to watch this happen.
    You have already started doing something about it by rejecting the total party line mentality that got us exactly where we are. Such undeserved devotion is the problem, not the solution.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're Jewish, so you understand abortion on a higher intellectual level than evangelical protestants do. They're more akin to the swine you're not supposed to cast your pearls before.
    Orthodox Judaism does not view abortion to be a greater sin than that of a man who looks at Playboy magazine. Perhaps, indeed, sin can not be for forbidden by the Law of the Land. In Israel, even working on Sabbath and eating pork is not criminalized.
    Last edited by CCitizen; 07-12-2022 at 02:59 PM.
    Progressives are Passionate about establishing Totalitarian Tyranny.

Conservatives are Apathetic about maintaining a Free Society.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CCitizen For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Which one? The university "courts" he's talking about are very real and have led to lawsuits and suicide.
    Definitely. Both genders experience injustice.

In my opinion, in USA 2022, men are the only birth group against whom open Discrimination and Hate Speech is acceptable and widely practiced. Presumption of Guilt as well as arrests of male victims of Domestic Violence are some of the greatest Human Rights violations in USA in recent History.

Even a man who agrees with Progressives to 80% must understand that he is supporting those who would arrest him if he is a victim of DV and who would presume him guilty if he is accused.
    Progressives are Passionate about establishing Totalitarian Tyranny.

Conservatives are Apathetic about maintaining a Free Society.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    Definitely. Both genders experience injustice.

In my opinion, in USA 2022, men are the only birth group against whom open Discrimination and Hate Speech is acceptable and widely practiced. Presumption of Guilt as well as arrests of male victims of Domestic Violence are some of the greatest Human Rights violations in USA in recent History.

Even a man who agrees with Progressives to 80% must understand that he is supporting those who would arrest him if he is a victim of DV and who would presume him guilty if he is accused.
    White women talk their share of $#@! too, as do even legally here latinios. I see what you mean, but it's not a picnic for anyone these days. Even inner city blacks as the blame card the condescending white elitist throw them do what the blame card tends to do and just makes things worse.

+ Reply to Thread