User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What the actual $#@!?

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 1,850
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,450x in 11,739 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

What the actual $#@!?

My year of health has just been going so well - mono in January, high intracranial pressure in February/March, appendicitis in April during finals, broken foot (sesamoid and possible dancer's fracture), and then I headbutted my car in June. My front tooth hit the side of my car straight on and came off. My supervisor (hard to explain - she's a mentor, not my boss) took me aside to make sure I'm not the victim of domestic violence after I ran into my own car with my face and it was like, "Naah, I'm just that stupid."

So, I go to the dentist/oral surgeon today to get a new crown related to my car incident. It turned out that another tooth had cracked, likely at that time, and abscessed through my jawbone (eating it away) and into my sinus cavity where I had a raging case of sinusitis. I never felt a thing. I guess I have been more tired, but I figured that was just related to cognitive load. I started a new position, and I am working in addition to trying to get some research done.

My surgeon had to remove the tooth, scrape out my sinus cavity of the infection, put multiple bone grafts in, perform a sinus lift (approximately 6mm), and placed two dental implants (my back molar was going to be done sometime this year, so he just threw it in to save money).

COME. THE. $#@!. ON. Does someone have a $#@!ing voodoo doll of me or something?!

giphy.gif
    FYIWDWYTM

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Adelaide For This Useful Post:

Captdon (07-24-2022),carolina73 (07-24-2022),donttread (07-24-2022),FindersKeepers (07-24-2022),IMPress Polly (07-24-2022),MisterVeritis (07-24-2022),montana (07-23-2022),The Xl (07-24-2022)

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,058
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Booman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 31,104x in 18,119 Posts
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelaide View Post
    My year of health has just been going so well - mono in January, high intracranial pressure in February/March, appendicitis in April during finals, broken foot (sesamoid and possible dancer's fracture), and then I headbutted my car in June. My front tooth hit the side of my car straight on and came off. My supervisor (hard to explain - she's a mentor, not my boss) took me aside to make sure I'm not the victim of domestic violence after I ran into my own car with my face and it was like, "Naah, I'm just that stupid."

So, I go to the dentist/oral surgeon today to get a new crown related to my car incident. It turned out that another tooth had cracked, likely at that time, and abscessed through my jawbone (eating it away) and into my sinus cavity where I had a raging case of sinusitis. I never felt a thing. I guess I have been more tired, but I figured that was just related to cognitive load. I started a new position, and I am working in addition to trying to get some research done.

My surgeon had to remove the tooth, scrape out my sinus cavity of the infection, put multiple bone grafts in, perform a sinus lift (approximately 6mm), and placed two dental implants (my back molar was going to be done sometime this year, so he just threw it in to save money).

COME. THE. $#@!. ON. Does someone have a $#@!ing voodoo doll of me or something?!

Attachment 50852
    Don't come any closer.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Booman For This Useful Post:

Adelaide (07-23-2022),bdtex (07-24-2022),carolina73 (07-24-2022),FindersKeepers (07-24-2022),stjames1_53 (08-08-2022),The Xl (07-24-2022)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,758
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    montana's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,147x in 3,093 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COME. THE. $#@!. ON. Does someone have a $#@!ing voodoo doll of me or something?! Thats a lot of bad.I hope you get better soon.From my experiance for every bad you get two goods somewhere down the line.

Attachment 50852

6. The Following User Says Thank You to montana For This Useful Post:

Adelaide (07-23-2022)

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 2,296
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,250x in 12,375 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To quote Dr. Gonzo, "As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit".

Geez, I thought I was having a bad week because my upstairs AC unit needed a new thermostat.

I hope you're done with all the medical nonsense and can get on with enjoying life's rich pageant now.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Adelaide (07-23-2022),FindersKeepers (07-24-2022),IMPress Polly (07-24-2022),montana (07-23-2022),The Xl (07-24-2022)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 1,850
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassCreated Album picturesYour first GroupRecommendation First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Adelaide's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,450x in 11,739 Posts
    Mentioned
    1723 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    To quote Dr. Gonzo, "As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit".

Geez, I thought I was having a bad week because my upstairs AC unit needed a new thermostat.

I hope you're done with all the medical nonsense and can get on with enjoying life's rich pageant now.
    My little bottle is orange with a child-proof cap, and I fully intend to hit that regularly for the next 48 hours while antibiotics, steroids and anti-inflammatory medications work magic. Or my face falls off. It's really 50/50 at this point based entirely on how my year is going. I still need foot surgery (sesamoidectomy) and brain surgery (lol, my life is absurd) so whenever I can fit those in, I should probably just cap off this stellar year and hope 2023 treats me more gently.

That said, I would take this over no AC and I'm barely being dramatic. I keep my place at 68. The moment it goes to 69 I get anxious and start blaming my downstairs neighbors for the sudden tropical climate. So... I hope you get that fixed, pronto.
    Last edited by Adelaide; 07-23-2022 at 09:07 PM.
    FYIWDWYTM

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adelaide For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (07-24-2022),IMPress Polly (07-24-2022),stjames1_53 (08-08-2022)

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,058
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    The Booman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 31,104x in 18,119 Posts
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All kidding aside I hope you feel better. Especially from the head on collision with an A380 that is bound to happen. At some point your luck will change. Based on all this play the lottery.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Booman For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (07-23-2022),stjames1_53 (08-08-2022)

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,847
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Now_What's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,752x in 2,325 Posts
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attachment 50852
    My goodness! We all go through tough times, but this is too much. Sorry you’re going through this, please do hang in there, things will only get better.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Now_What For This Useful Post:

montana (07-24-2022),RMNIXON (07-23-2022),stjames1_53 (08-08-2022)

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 1,347
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,898x in 18,156 Posts
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF and Get Well Soon don't cover it.............

And I thought I had issues at my age but nothing needing surgery and I hate Dentists!
    My Revenge will be Success! - Donald J Trump

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

montana (07-24-2022),Now_What (07-23-2022)

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,315
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,644x in 4,700 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's always the monkeypox.
    "Look into my eyes - I guarantee you - I guarantee you we are going to end fossil fuels" - Joe Biden

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Omar For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-24-2022)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,714x in 16,154 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Attachment 50852
    Sounds like you made an enemy in your past. Has the Hallmark of a voodoo curse written all over it

Somebody may have put the Whammy on you .

There is such thing as a " reverse curse " but it only works if you know whose ass to shove it up
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

+ Reply to Thread