User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Indominable

  1. #1
    Points: 58,358, Level: 59
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,992
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    310368
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    20,138
    Points
    58,358
    Level
    59
    Thanks Given
    3,966
    Thanked 16,481x in 9,594 Posts
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Indominable

    "There is no more male idea in the history of the universe than 'Hey, why don't we fly up to the moon and drive around?'" - ​Jerry Seinfeld

    "Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak."
    - Larry McMurtry



  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

    Collateral Damage (08-02-2022),Dr. Who (08-02-2022),RMNIXON (08-02-2022)

  3. #2
    Points: 60,000, Level: 59
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    66243
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Arizona and New Mexico
    Posts
    27,969
    Points
    60,000
    Level
    59
    Thanks Given
    25,848
    Thanked 23,751x in 14,815 Posts
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should not have clicked on this......I didn't watch the video, the picture was enough.
    DONALD J. TRUMP......THE BEST PRESIDENT WE EVER HAD!


    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

    JOE BIDEN CHEATED!!! HE'S ILLEGITIMATE!!

  4. #3
    Points: 58,358, Level: 59
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,992
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    310368
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    20,138
    Points
    58,358
    Level
    59
    Thanks Given
    3,966
    Thanked 16,481x in 9,594 Posts
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    I should not have clicked on this......I didn't watch the video, the picture was enough.
    It's hard to watch in the beginning, but the payoff at the end is more than worth it.
    "There is no more male idea in the history of the universe than 'Hey, why don't we fly up to the moon and drive around?'" - ​Jerry Seinfeld

    "Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak."
    - Larry McMurtry



  5. #4
    Points: 60,000, Level: 59
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    66243
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Arizona and New Mexico
    Posts
    27,969
    Points
    60,000
    Level
    59
    Thanks Given
    25,848
    Thanked 23,751x in 14,815 Posts
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    It's hard to watch in the beginning, but the payoff at the end is more than worth it.

    I do like the happy endings, I just can't watch the beginning.

    The things some people are able to do to an animal, I'll never understand it.
    DONALD J. TRUMP......THE BEST PRESIDENT WE EVER HAD!


    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

    JOE BIDEN CHEATED!!! HE'S ILLEGITIMATE!!

  6. #5
    Points: 58,358, Level: 59
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,992
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    310368
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    20,138
    Points
    58,358
    Level
    59
    Thanks Given
    3,966
    Thanked 16,481x in 9,594 Posts
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    I do like the happy endings, I just can't watch the beginning.

    The things some people are able to do to an animal, I'll never understand it.
    I understand completely. Perhaps it would help if I described the actual beginning of the video. No one appears to have actually done anything to the dog - he simply was unable to move his limbs and was effectively paralyzed due to some neurological disorder, and was surrendered by the owner because he didn't know what to do about it. That part of the video is over very quickly. The miracle part follows. (Looking at the photo, it appears that the dog has sustained some kind of injury to its abdomen, but that is not the case; it's just an illusion caused by the way he's being held up.)
    "There is no more male idea in the history of the universe than 'Hey, why don't we fly up to the moon and drive around?'" - ​Jerry Seinfeld

    "Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak."
    - Larry McMurtry



  7. #6
    Points: 60,000, Level: 59
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    66243
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Arizona and New Mexico
    Posts
    27,969
    Points
    60,000
    Level
    59
    Thanks Given
    25,848
    Thanked 23,751x in 14,815 Posts
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I understand completely. Perhaps it would help if I described the actual beginning of the video. No one appears to have actually done anything to the dog - he simply was unable to move his limbs and was effectively paralyzed due to some neurological disorder, and was surrendered by the owner because he didn't know what to do about it. That part of the video is over very quickly. The miracle part follows. (Looking at the photo, it appears that the dog has sustained some kind of injury to its abdomen, but that is not the case; it's just an illusion caused by the way he's being held up.)

    That's not really much better, speaking of the character of the dog's owner.

    To surrender your dog, because of a problem you can't deal with, instead of going to the vet and, trying to help the dog, to me, is heartless, especially when dog's are so loyal.
    DONALD J. TRUMP......THE BEST PRESIDENT WE EVER HAD!


    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

    JOE BIDEN CHEATED!!! HE'S ILLEGITIMATE!!

  8. #7
    Points: 58,358, Level: 59
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,992
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    310368
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    20,138
    Points
    58,358
    Level
    59
    Thanks Given
    3,966
    Thanked 16,481x in 9,594 Posts
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    That's not really much better, speaking of the character of the dog's owner.

    To surrender your dog, because of a problem you can't deal with, instead of going to the vet and, trying to help the dog, to me, is heartless, especially when dog's are so loyal.
    I got the impression from the video, and from the fact that he was described as a "hunting dog", that this occurred in a rural part of the country. (Despite the British accents of the workers, "Spain" flashes on the screen at one point.) Not to imply in any way that rural folks don't love their animals, but if he was strictly a working/hunting dog, they doubtless wouldn't go to the same lengths as they would if he were a family pet, even assuming that they had the money. It's something that those of us who think of all our dogs and other animals as family members find it difficult if not impossible to understand, but it's a fact of life. To take a glass half full view (as I always try to do), at least the owner didn't simply shoot him in the head and bury him in a hole, or just leave him out in the high grass to slowly die of hunger and exposure.

    When my wife hears about or sees stories like that, her response is invariably "People suck", whereas mine is more liable to be, "Some people suck, but most don't." If everybody sucked, these stories wouldn't have the happy endings that they do.
    "There is no more male idea in the history of the universe than 'Hey, why don't we fly up to the moon and drive around?'" - ​Jerry Seinfeld

    "Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak."
    - Larry McMurtry



  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Who (08-03-2022)

  10. #8
    Points: 60,000, Level: 59
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    66243
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Arizona and New Mexico
    Posts
    27,969
    Points
    60,000
    Level
    59
    Thanks Given
    25,848
    Thanked 23,751x in 14,815 Posts
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    I got the impression from the video, and from the fact that he was described as a "hunting dog", that this occurred in a rural part of the country. (Despite the British accents of the workers, "Spain" flashes on the screen at one point.) Not to imply in any way that rural folks don't love their animals, but if he was strictly a working/hunting dog, they doubtless wouldn't go to the same lengths as they would if he were a family pet, even assuming that they had the money. It's something that those of us who think of all our dogs and other animals as family members find it difficult if not impossible to understand, but it's a fact of life. To take a glass half full view (as I always try to do), at least the owner didn't simply shoot him in the head and bury him in a hole, or just leave him out in the high grass to slowly die of hunger and exposure.

    When my wife hears about or sees stories like that, her response is invariably "People suck", whereas mine is more liable to be, "Some people suck, but most don't." If everybody sucked, these stories wouldn't have the happy endings that they do.

    My neighbors across the road, were going to just watch their dog die, when he ate something and, it lodged in his intestines, the poor guy was deteriorating before OUR eyes!

    We thought they had taken him to the vet, when they asked what could cause a dog to vomit uncontrollably and, not eating or, defacating.......I told the guy, sounds like a blockage, he needs to go to the vet.

    Several days passed and, my husband asked how the dog was doing, we assumed he'd been to the vet, but, the answer was, "he's dying, we can't afford to take him to the vet and, she wants all the money up front, she won't do payments."

    We saw the dog, skinny and barely moving when they'd bring him outside......my husband offered to help pay, they refused, he then told the guy about "care credit, " his son went online, applied for it, got approved and, the dog was going to the vet that same day.

    The dog survived and, days later, the guy tells us, "we were watching him die, we would have woke one morning and, he'd be dead."......how awful for that dog, he suffered for days.

    Those people, by the way, seem to have plenty of money when it comes to other things like, new cars, a garage conversion, a new travel trailer......etc......just not their dog.
    DONALD J. TRUMP......THE BEST PRESIDENT WE EVER HAD!


    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

    JOE BIDEN CHEATED!!! HE'S ILLEGITIMATE!!

  11. #9
    Points: 58,358, Level: 59
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,992
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    310368
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    20,138
    Points
    58,358
    Level
    59
    Thanks Given
    3,966
    Thanked 16,481x in 9,594 Posts
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    My neighbors across the road, were going to just watch their dog die, when he ate something and, it lodged in his intestines, the poor guy was deteriorating before OUR eyes!

    We thought they had taken him to the vet, when they asked what could cause a dog to vomit uncontrollably and, not eating or, defacating.......I told the guy, sounds like a blockage, he needs to go to the vet.

    Several days passed and, my husband asked how the dog was doing, we assumed he'd been to the vet, but, the answer was, "he's dying, we can't afford to take him to the vet and, she wants all the money up front, she won't do payments."

    We saw the dog, skinny and barely moving when they'd bring him outside......my husband offered to help pay, they refused, he then told the guy about "care credit, " his son went online, applied for it, got approved and, the dog was going to the vet that same day.

    The dog survived and, days later, the guy tells us, "we were watching him die, we would have woke one morning and, he'd be dead."......how awful for that dog, he suffered for days.

    Those people, by the way, seem to have plenty of money when it comes to other things like, new cars, a garage conversion, a new travel trailer......etc......just not their dog.
    There's just something missing in some people. Whether it's their upbringing or something else - I just don't know. The older I've gotten, the more I've come to understand, appreciate and care for animals, particularly my own.
    "There is no more male idea in the history of the universe than 'Hey, why don't we fly up to the moon and drive around?'" - ​Jerry Seinfeld

    "Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak."
    - Larry McMurtry



  12. #10
    Points: 60,000, Level: 59
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    66243
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Arizona and New Mexico
    Posts
    27,969
    Points
    60,000
    Level
    59
    Thanks Given
    25,848
    Thanked 23,751x in 14,815 Posts
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    There's just something missing in some people. Whether it's their upbringing or something else - I just don't know. The older I've gotten, the more I've come to understand, appreciate and care for animals, particularly my own.

    Same here, my mom was the same way, she went to the animal shelter and, asked for the cat that had been there the longest, the one everybody passed by, for the kittens and, adopted it.

    I can't go near an animal shelter, I've worked at the Humane Society and, even though I worked in surgery, I had to walk over to the shelter side periodically........the faces, looking through the wire cages, hopeful, begging you with their eyes.......not ashamed to say, I wasn't dry eyed!

    That was over 20 years ago, I'm even worse now.
    DONALD J. TRUMP......THE BEST PRESIDENT WE EVER HAD!


    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

    JOE BIDEN CHEATED!!! HE'S ILLEGITIMATE!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts