User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 75

Thread: Oxford Union Porn Debate

  1. #51

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 329,035, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    189230
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    40,907
    Points
    329,035
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    13,481
    Thanked 34,492x in 18,701 Posts
    Mentioned
    801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD GUY IN FLORIDA View Post
    I too don't want the government telling me what I can and cannot watch. However, I also believe we should act morally responsible and shy away from porn. I do believe it creates an irrational view of sex and human relationships. I am far from being a prude but I don't think porn should be as accessible as it is today but I think we should not view it, not because the government tells us not to,, but because morally its repugnant.
    Agree.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

  2. #52

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 329,035, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    189230
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    40,907
    Points
    329,035
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    13,481
    Thanked 34,492x in 18,701 Posts
    Mentioned
    801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    You refuse to admit there is zero justification to allow children access to sick $#@! just because you read some slogans somewhere and have nifty quotes from people that aren't commenting on the actual subject. Show me the quotes where Mark Twain said we shouldn't censor kiddie rape porn or homo porn or bestiality porn and and hand it out in public schools. You think he would endorse brainwashing 6 year olds into believing they need to sexually mutilate themselves, as most Democrats and 'libertarians' do?
    Kiddie and bestiality porn is illegal. Gay porn, no.


    Mutilation? I thought we were talking about pornography.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

  3. #53
    Points: 100,824, Level: 77
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 1,726
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    31993
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    40,672
    Points
    100,824
    Level
    77
    Thanks Given
    42,160
    Thanked 31,985x in 20,576 Posts
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    You refuse to admit there is zero justification to allow children access to sick $#@! just because you read some slogans somewhere and have nifty quotes from people that aren't commenting on the actual subject. Show me the quotes where Mark Twain said we shouldn't censor kiddie rape porn or homo porn or bestiality porn and and hand it out in public schools. You think he would endorse brainwashing 6 year olds into believing they need to sexually mutilate themselves, as most Democrats and 'libertarians' do?
    Allow them access? Public schools are teaching porn.

    I actually expected the internet to burn everyone out on porn.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

    Chuck (09-30-2022)

  5. #54
    Points: 60,618, Level: 60
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,732
    Overall activity: 26.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    311105
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    20,959
    Points
    60,618
    Level
    60
    Thanks Given
    4,198
    Thanked 17,218x in 10,015 Posts
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    You refuse to admit there is zero justification to allow children access to sick $#@! just because you read some slogans somewhere and have nifty quotes from people that aren't commenting on the actual subject. Show me the quotes where Mark Twain said we shouldn't censor kiddie rape porn or homo porn or bestiality porn and and hand it out in public schools. You think he would endorse brainwashing 6 year olds into believing they need to sexually mutilate themselves, as most Democrats and 'libertarians' do?
    Did you seriously just include the words "people that aren't commenting on the actual subject" in your last post? I've asked you twice now about what you do and do not think the State should be in the business of legally banning for adult consumption, and you keep non-responding with these same fantasy scenarios of yours wherein little kids are having the grossest kind of pornography shoved in their faces on a daily basis. If you can't focus on the topic at hand, don't pretend that you're involved in the discussion.
    "The first thing you want to do after being shot is make sure you are not shot again." - Ace Atkins

    "Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak."
    - Larry McMurtry



  6. #55
    Points: 2,058, Level: 10
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Chuck's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    319
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    638
    Points
    2,058
    Level
    10
    Thanks Given
    511
    Thanked 309x in 225 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Did you seriously just include the words "people that aren't commenting on the actual subject" in your last post? I've asked you twice now about what you do and do not think the State should be in the business of legally banning for adult consumption, and you keep non-responding with these same fantasy scenarios of yours wherein little kids are having the grossest kind of pornography shoved in their faces on a daily basis. If you can't focus on the topic at hand, don't pretend that you're involved in the discussion.

    lol you just ask rhetorical questions while answering none. If you can't admit sick stuff should be kept away from children I could care less what you run around demanding. You can't admit people and their govt. reps should severely restrict porn and ban a lot of it as nothing but trash. All you can babble is nonsense memes about 'freedum n stuff'.

  7. #56
    Points: 2,058, Level: 10
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Chuck's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    319
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    638
    Points
    2,058
    Level
    10
    Thanks Given
    511
    Thanked 309x in 225 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Allow them access? Public schools are teaching porn.

    I actually expected the internet to burn everyone out on porn.
    And it only increased demand and exposure to kids. Same with 'legalizing drugs' and every other attempt to decriminalize whatever 1960's era hippies thought was grand. Demand that banning this crap be 200% effective or legalizing it all cuz 'failure n stuff' is faulty 'logic'. Banning people from websites doesn't prevent some from getting back on via underhanded methods, but it does work to keep 90% of those banned from bothering a site, as an example.

    How much gay porn or kiddie porn do we see posted here on this board?
    Last edited by Chuck; 09-30-2022 at 03:06 PM.

  8. #57

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 329,035, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    189230
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    40,907
    Points
    329,035
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    13,481
    Thanked 34,492x in 18,701 Posts
    Mentioned
    801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    lol you just ask rhetorical questions while answering none. If you can't admit sick stuff should be kept away from children I could care less what you run around demanding. You can't admit people and their govt. reps should severely restrict porn and ban a lot of it as nothing but trash. All you can babble is nonsense memes about 'freedum n stuff'.
    I think that everybody admits that pornography should be kept from children.

    I don't believe that the government should be given the power to censor what it considers appropriate for me to see beyond that which it already does. I understand you do. I don't. The government cannot be trusted, nor can the people in the government.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

    MisterVeritis (10-01-2022),The Xl (10-01-2022)

  10. #58
    Points: 2,058, Level: 10
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Chuck's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    319
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    638
    Points
    2,058
    Level
    10
    Thanks Given
    511
    Thanked 309x in 225 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    I think that everybody admits that pornography should be kept from children.

    I don't believe that the government should be given the power to censor what it considers appropriate for me to see beyond that which it already does. I understand you do. I don't. The government cannot be trusted, nor can the people in the government.
    So why doesn't the board allow kiddie porn or profanity or anything else, since you claim banning it isn't 100% effective and therefore 100% worthless? If most people want it, their govt should indeed implement it. That isn't 'oppression', it's called 'values'.

  11. #59

    tPF Moderator
    Points: 329,035, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Karma
    189230
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    40,907
    Points
    329,035
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    13,481
    Thanked 34,492x in 18,701 Posts
    Mentioned
    801 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    So why doesn't the board allow kiddie porn or profanity or anything else, since you claim banning it isn't 100% effective and therefore 100% worthless? If most people want it, their govt should indeed implement it. That isn't 'oppression', it's called 'values'.
    • First of all, kiddie porn is illegal.
    • Second of all, this is a private site that sets its own rules. If you don't like them, you are free to leave.
    • Third of all, please point me to a post where I said about child pornography - or pornography in general: "banning it isn't 100% effective and therefore 100% worthless". If you can find me stating that quote, I will leave the forum. If you made up a lie in attributing it to me, perhaps you should.
    • Fourth and finally, no, we don't infringe on rights by popularity - that's called oppression by the majority.
    Last edited by DGUtley; 09-30-2022 at 03:37 PM.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

    MisterVeritis (10-01-2022),Standing Wolf (10-01-2022)

  13. #60
    Points: 2,058, Level: 10
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Chuck's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    319
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    638
    Points
    2,058
    Level
    10
    Thanks Given
    511
    Thanked 309x in 225 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    • First of all, kiddie porn is illegal.
    • Second of all, this is a private site that sets its own rules. If you don't like them, you are free to leave.
    • Third of all, please point me to a post where I said about child pornography - or pornography in general: "banning it isn't 100% effective and therefore 100% worthless". If you can find me stating that quote, I will leave the forum. If you made up a lie in attributing it to me, perhaps you should.
    • Fourth and finally, no, we don't infringe on rights by popularity - that's called oppression by the majority.
    More cognitive dissonance. So why is private censorship not 'bad' as well? Representative govt isn't 'oppression', it's setting social boundaries, and citizens have a right to certain expectations as to what society tolerates and what it doesn't. Just because Ayn Rand thinks she's the final arbiter of what govt. should do or not do doesn't make her claims valid. Sociopaths never like restrictions on their behavior and fetishes. Nobody should care what they think.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts