User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Democrats are Keeping the Senate Now?

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,640x in 14,854 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    Okay, we have Joe Biden, probably the worst president in history, pushing the worst left wing garbage agenda ever, getting lousy results. Presidents are supposed to have a backlash against them in the midterm elections. Last I heard Republicans are likely to take the House. But now they're saying the Dems are likely to hang onto, or even build their lead in the Senate? And apparently the Democrats are outdoing us in fundraising by a good margin also.

Tucker did a piece on this tonight, he blames it on Republicans not campaigning on the right issues. McConnell blames it on nominating weak candidates. But regardless, I find this pretty discouraging. Biden is a poster child for why the left wing political philosophy doesn't work, and we're actually losing ground since 2020 in many state Senate races? I mean if the Republicans can't take advantage of this situation, when will they ever?

I don't know who that brunette lady is on The Five who is serving as their current resident Democrat, but she was talking about how much the people agree with Biden's latest nearly quadrillion dollar spending bill. People are really buying this stuff? It really makes me think we have lost the country.
    I have consistently warned people not to get over confident. I keep hearing about the "red wave" but The dems will do things to try to shift the vote and they are good at it. If it requires a war, we'll have a war. False flag could be on the table. The DNC functions has one organism and has already beat the GOP to the bottom of the barrel, but they'll go through the bottom of the barrel if needed. Quite frankly I cannot believe that people have let their guard down after what they have seen.

If they got tens of millions of votes for Joe Biden what else can they do. Think about it
    guy makes young girls uncomfortable on video! He has clear dementia. He did virtually nothing positive in 40 years in congress. He's on audio making comments that appear to define conflict of interest.
    They billed him as the black man's candidate despite a history of racist comments and the mandatory minimum disaster!

There was a time in American politics when almost any one of those things would have ended his campaign.
    Perception used to be 90% in politics now it's 99% thanks to weaponized media and social media.
    He was unlikeable so the focused on hate trump and got repub swamp help. I don't know how he won the primary but I do think it was predetermined. Remember how the DNC anointed Hilary and dissed Bernie and his voters?
    They'll do some of the same in Senate races. They'll bring out of state money in, shut down FB sites for repub candidates and so on.

If only we could get this kind of media support for truth!
    You literally cannot decrease inflation by printing money
    Corporate taxes are paid 100% by the customer. Did you think the 47 percent were really not being taxed ?

Some of this stuff is so basic that even the sheep would get it, if the media actually did their job.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,276
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,651x in 4,707 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The Dems don't have the Senate now and have difficulty passing ever meager bills.
    It's 50-50 now, but the vice president being the tie breaker gives it to the Dems. They had trouble passing bills because Manchin and Sinema stood in their way. But then for some reason right before the midterms they fold on the big inflation bill that costs nearly a quadrillion dollars. If the Dems gain a seat or two in the Senate, they have it in a lock. Although if the Republicans have the House that limits what they can do with it.

Yesterday I was feeling pretty discouraged. I feel better today, maybe we can pull out some of these races that we're behind in. They tend to underrepresent Republicans in polls anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    We will lose. We can’t handle winning
    Seems to be true. This is why I don't understand those people who insist Trump won in 2020. Of course we lost, we always snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.
    "Look into my eyes - I guarantee you - I guarantee you we are going to end fossil fuels" - Joe Biden

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
    OP...dunno. But would not make much difference in the long run. Reps are worthless at fighting dems. Like a rabbit fighting a tiger.
    Good analogy, the Dems have all the tools now, the big money, and the corporate support. We're practically at a grass roots level at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Perception used to be 90% in politics now it's 99% thanks to weaponized media and social media.
    He was unlikeable so the focused on hate trump and got repub swamp help. I don't know how he won the primary but I do think it was predetermined. Remember how the DNC anointed Hilary and dissed Bernie and his voters?
    They'll do some of the same in Senate races. They'll bring out of state money in, shut down FB sites for repub candidates and so on.
    Republicans used to have the big money, but now the Democrats do. They also seem to have all the advantages. Their supporters are clustered closely together in big cities, where they are easy to get at to rally and get out the vote. They could register significant numbers of voters just by traveling on foot.

I almost think it was a mistake to get rid of the Fairness Doctrine. As things are now, the media calls Republicans white supremacists, domestic terrorists, and the biggest threat to democracy in the country. And there are a whole lot of people who believe it.
    "Look into my eyes - I guarantee you - I guarantee you we are going to end fossil fuels" - Joe Biden

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Omar For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (08-19-2022)

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,211
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,933x in 18,178 Posts
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again I will see what happens on election night but predict the American People as a whole will get what they deserve.

If most people truly want more of what we have going on now with Misery at record highs because they think the Government Handout trend is the answer then good luck with that. Anyone who thinks something for nothing is how it works should look over the shoulder at the line of people eyeing what they have got already.

Go John Galt on them as Ayn Rand suggested...............
    Last edited by RMNIXON; 08-19-2022 at 06:02 PM.
    My Revenge will be Success! - Donald J Trump

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,632
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,115x in 28,515 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The polls always favor the Democrats early. Remember that Democrats do not turn out like Republicans.
    If you are running polls on people who are not likely to vote then what would you expect.

We have about 240 eligible voters, with only about 170 million even registered and about 150 million will vote in a presidential election year. Only about 80 million will vote in the mid terms.

So Adult polls are useless. Only about 63% will bother to vote

In a presidential election year - Registered voters and Likely voters are both good sample groups.

In the mid term year half of the registered voters will not show. 2018 was a 53% turnout.

The Republicans are upset. We are going to vote against this disaster.
    The Democrats are embarrassed by Biden and much less motivated to go to the polls.

THe uninformed voter (left) is most likely to be the group that does not show up.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    The Republicans are upset. We are going to vote against this disaster.
    The Democrats are embarrassed by Biden and much less motivated to go to the polls.
    THe uninformed voter (left) is most likely to be the group that does not show up.
    I hope you're right. But what do you think all this stuff about mail in ballots and drop off boxes has really been about? Democrats know they outnumber us, so if voter turnout is high, they have the advantage. All these post-CoVid rules are designed to make it more convenient to vote, to make it more likely that the less motivated will turn in a ballot, and thus elect more Democrats. The Democrats have a well oiled machine that turns out voters, and in recent elections they have been very successful at that.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,861x in 10,154 Posts
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently the Republicans have 21 Senate seats to defend this November, and the Democrats have 14. It was thought that these numbers were (obviously) not favorable for Republicans, but considering how unpopular Biden has been, it started to look like they had a good chance to take the Senate. Now that the actual matchups have been shaking out however, it looks like the Dems are heavily favored.
    They aren't heavily favored. They have fewer seats to have to keep. The Republicans hurt themselves with Dr. Oz and Herchel Walker. These were stupid mistakes.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    They aren't heavily favored. They have fewer seats to have to keep. The Republicans hurt themselves with Dr. Oz and Herchel Walker. These were stupid mistakes.
    Aren't those Trump's guys?

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,632
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,115x in 28,515 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently the Republicans have 21 Senate seats to defend this November, and the Democrats have 14. It was thought that these numbers were (obviously) not favorable for Republicans, but considering how unpopular Biden has been, it started to look like they had a good chance to take the Senate. Now that the actual matchups have been shaking out however, it looks like the Dems are heavily favored.
    Don't forget that McConnell and the neocons are butt hurt that their candidates lost. When candidates chose to tie their wagon to the neocon wing then went home in almost every case.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 571
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    goodpen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,129x in 1,281 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep's need to run on policies and good ideas on how to turn our crime rates down, close the border and keep America energy independent, as well has slow down our inflation. Heard Biden say we had "no" inflation in July...lies but counter that every day with the high rate of our real inflation.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to goodpen For This Useful Post:

Omar (08-21-2022),Peter1469 (08-21-2022)

+ Reply to Thread