User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is the best place to discuss gender issues?

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,132
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,383x in 15,850 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    We can agree to disagree. Wikipedia is firmly in Progressive hands.
    Most modern feminists have made very negative generalizations about men.

Who cares what they think? Let them say and believe what they will. No sane person takes them seriously. They don't matter
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-04-2022),CCitizen (09-04-2022)

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Who cares what they think? Let them say and believe what they will. No sane person takes them seriously. They don't matter
    Sadly many Societies do embrace insane ideas. Progressivism in this Century, open Racism for centuries prior to 1960s, even Human Sacrifice in Ancient World.

But indeed, my interest causes me loneliness and misery. And I have not helped or convinced anyone. Indeed, I am wasting my happiness and energy. I tried to quit my interest since 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times.
    Last edited by CCitizen; 09-04-2022 at 03:32 AM.
    Progressives are Passionate about establishing Totalitarian Tyranny.

Conservatives are Apathetic about maintaining a Free Society.

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,853
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,935x in 8,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can agree to disagree. Wikipedia is firmly in Progressive hands.

Most modern feminists have made very negative generalizations about men. Such as the idea that not enough men are dying from COVID. In many feminist spaces men are not allowed to disagree with statements like "men are trash", "men are pigs", "the world would be better with fewer men". Most MRA forums strictly forbid negative generalizations about women.
    The Wiki article presented the arguments made by the MRA and also presented the results of academic research into the allegations. For the most part the allegations are not supported by facts or data. However, given your lack of participation in society, you are unable to assess the MRA arguments based on any personal experience or even anecdotal evidence from people you know. You are taking the word of absolute strangers who may not be reasonable people, but instead selfish characters who in reality, resent having to pay child support, or the fact that their wife divorced them or that a woman beat them out for a job. Maybe life is simply violating their sexist expectations?
    Again, you should take those forums with a grain of salt. Why would you go to a feminist forum to begin with? I'm quite sure that any feminist visiting an incel forum would be treated badly. Not all forums are created equally. Some forums exist for the expressed purpose of maligning someone or something, for the sake of amusement. Reason is not applicable. Many people simply enjoy talking trash and feminists are not immune to that particular practice.

The bottom line is that in seeking out these narrowly and negatively focused activist type forums, you are tending to encounter a very tiny subset of society, from which you cannot reasonably draw any conclusions anymore than you should believe the graffiti scrawled on the walls at school or on bathroom doors.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Sometimes people who complain about gender issues, disregard their own behaviors or failures and seek to assign blame to others, rather than trying to confront their own shortcomings. This topic is not very popular on this forum because most people do not experience an inordinate number of gender issues. If anything, women have borne the brunt of gender issues, historically and had to fight for equal rights recognition. Your focus tends to be the diminution of male rights at the hands of females, however the activists in that regard are predominantly 'incels', who tend to be males with personality disorders that they refuse to recognize as the precipitating factor in their unfavorable interactions with women.
    Hiya Doc None of these gender issues existed throughout the country other than abortion and feminists view of womens rights. We are well past gay marriage as any kind of issue. This transgender tyranny started and became a national issue in 2020.

Forcing institutions and corporations to allow men transexuals into ladies bathrooms who still had working mens genitals. Bathrooms where young teens my be in alone.
    Having transexual reading day where specifically a transgender reads to and grooms kids in our schools that our taxes pay for.

I have never met a democrat that believed men can get pregnant and that there are no more genders, you know where that trash came from. Ive never met a democrat that was for any of this and Im betting a donut that you arent for it either
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

Captdon (09-04-2022)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,853
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,935x in 8,813 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Hiya Doc None of these gender issues existed throughout the country other than abortion and feminists view of womens rights. We are well past gay marriage as any kind of issue. This transgender tyranny started and became a national issue in 2020.

Forcing institutions and corporations to allow men transexuals into ladies bathrooms who still had working mens genitals. Bathrooms where young teens my be in alone.
    Having transexual reading day where specifically a transgender reads to and grooms kids in our schools that our taxes pay for.

I have never met a democrat that believed men can get pregnant and that there are no more genders, you know where that trash came from. Ive never met a democrat that was for any of this and Im betting a donut that you arent for it either
    Yes, but the gender issues to which CC refers have nothing to do with the transgender phenomenon. He is interested in the subject of male rights activism and the alleged decline in male rights.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (09-09-2022),RMNIXON (09-04-2022)

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    OLD GUY IN FLORIDA's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,858x in 4,625 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best place to discuss gender issues is privately, with your psychiatrist.
    Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.”
    Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 687
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,522x in 14,781 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since 1998, I tried talking about these issues on normal political forums. Between 2006 and 2013, I was on a break from English-language forums.

I doubt I have influenced even one person. Many people do not understand the impact of the issues and see me as unhinged.

Discussing gender issues on Twitter from male-positive perspective is likely to get me banned at best and stalked at worst. All of my Twitter accounts got banned prior to accumulating 10 followers.

I have used Reddit -- it had some subreddits dealing with men's issues but most of these subreddits have been banned. Some of my Reddit accounts have been banned. Several other accounts I have deleted myself! Now I have just one account strictly for Runescape discussion.
    Men, especially the white man are very villinized right now. It's the current fashion and people are drawn to sameness like a moth to a flame. Especially in the SM age where disagreeing with the herd can mean instant SM banishment.
    For things our ancestors did or are accused of and often over modern half truths like ".83 cents on a dollar" which fails to take into account little things like hours worked, years experience and even what your job is. It's not like Walmart is paying men more for the same job and getting away with it. That's one example. Then there are those formulas that say women do more around the house but tend to exclude mowing the yard or home repair.
    Personally I think most couples find a division of labor that works for them and do that well. But that defies the herd so it must be incorrect.
    In our house I currently do dishes and floors and she does the cooking . When I was out of work for a long period of time due to the COVID situation I cooked. I am not as good at it as she is but no one died. I take care of the yard but she is no 1950's chick as she can run the lawn mower if required.
    Dividing everything in half all the time is inefficient.
    Anyway I get what you are saying but remember the twitterverse is dominated by 14 year old's who get their opinion handed to them on twitter. Most real people and real families make their own way and if you do that correctly at some point you feel like it's all to much. One expresses it, one stuffs it typically.
    Don't take the internet too seriously it's bad for the BP

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (09-04-2022),RMNIXON (09-04-2022)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,512x in 16,036 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Since 1998, I tried talking about these issues on normal political forums. Between 2006 and 2013, I was on a break from English-language forums.

I doubt I have influenced even one person. Many people do not understand the impact of the issues and see me as unhinged.

Discussing gender issues on Twitter from male-positive perspective is likely to get me banned at best and stalked at worst. All of my Twitter accounts got banned prior to accumulating 10 followers.

I have used Reddit -- it had some subreddits dealing with men's issues but most of these subreddits have been banned. Some of my Reddit accounts have been banned. Several other accounts I have deleted myself! Now I have just one account strictly for Runescape discussion.
    In bed
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,438
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,556x in 17,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. There are four different groups of men who point out growing hatred and discrimination against men:

Men's Rights Advocates (MRA) -- stand for Gender Equality while focusing on issues affecting men.

MGTOW -- a more radical group which does to an extent believe in negative stereotypes about women.

PUA -- pick up artists. Also not egalitarian.

InCel -- by far the worst group of Manosphere which wants to return to Patriarchy and blames women for not adhering to old gendered expectaions.

MRA are defamed by accusation of being InCel.

I don't think organized group and crying how your being picked on as a gender is the answer. We need an entire society that returns to stress the qualities of the individual, not groups fighting for rights and special privileges.
    My Revenge will be Success! - Donald J Trump

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

donttread (09-04-2022)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 61.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,048x in 24,878 Posts
    Mentioned
    887 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Behind the barn?
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

+ Reply to Thread