Thanked 77,587x in 55,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
    Wacko mentally ill leftists do. lol
    Ok. That would mean liquids. Who else?
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,709
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Now_What's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,761x in 2,334 Posts
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pjohns View Post
    Fair question.

I am a conservative--and a Republican--and I do believe that this nation will either experience a second civil war, or--perhaps more likely (and certainly far preferably)--an amicable division into the Blue United States of America and the Red United States of America. (This, of course, leaves unanswered the question: Just what would the purple states do? I can only suggest that they should probably go with the country toward which they are currently trending: Nevada and New Hampshire, for instance, are trending blue, whereas Florida and Ohio are trending red.)

This is really not a perfect solution; but it is the best that I can currently come up with.
    That absolutely won’t happen. What a mess it would be geographically, economically, militarily, etc. I’m just glad it’s ridiculous.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,709
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Now_What's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,761x in 2,334 Posts
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    I don't see the possibility of a civil war as a reality. I could see a certain amount of civil unrest in the urban centers as a possibility, Left attacking the Right (most likely scenario) or Right attacking the Left (less likely, but possible). Large scale civil war... no.

One of the reasons it is so unlikely is that the country is divided ideologically, but not geographically. There is no "Mason Dixon Line". Left and Right live next door to each other in every city and town in the country. The reality is that despite political differences, most of them are friends who interact every day. The extremists who would want violence over their political differences are really few and if they weren't so loud and given so much press, could be easily ignored.

I can look at my own circumstances. Where I am, a Conservative is definitely a political minority, but I know this... if one of my Leftist friends or neighbors was threatened with harm by someone on the Right, I would be standing watch on their house to make sure it didn't happen and I am certain the opposite is also true. If I were threatened for my political views, they would come to my aid (although I would probably tell them to go home and let me handle it).

That is the way it is across the country. there may be some violence at some point. There already has been. There won't be a "civil war".
    As much as it hurts me to say it, this is an outstanding post. I agree with it entirely. Even your point about friendships meaning far more than ideology. You try to harm one of my conservative friends or family members, you’ll have to get past them and me. Family and friendships mean MUCH more to me than politics.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Now_What For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (09-07-2022),Cletus (09-07-2022)

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    blackjack21's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,583x in 1,439 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5
    'Dishonesty' thy name is republican conservative.... doesn't executive clemency sound nice, euphemisms for the corrupt.
    Trump pardoned Susan B. Anthony.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blackjack21 For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (09-07-2022)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,529x in 94,962 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They aren't thinking straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
    I've seen/read the left seems obsessed with war and killing. This isn't normal.

The "civil war" subject seems to work hard on the minds of the left. Let's hope they don't get their way and start killing, looting, and burning again.

Kathy Griffin Warns 'Civil War' If Voters Elect Republicans in November Midterms (breitbart.com)
    For there to be a legit civil war, the libs need to be able to fight without embarrassing themselves. Look at post #2 and see what they have to work with.

The left does have antifa/blm scum. But they will rant, rave, start some fires, and 1000s of Kyle Rittenhouses would take the trash out faster than the rats can run away.
    Last edited by Peter1469; 09-07-2022 at 01:36 PM.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (09-08-2022),pjohns (09-08-2022)

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 920
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial25000 Experience Points
    stephenpe's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,866x in 1,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    I don't see the possibility of a civil war as a reality. I could see a certain amount of civil unrest in the urban centers as a possibility, Left attacking the Right (most likely scenario) or Right attacking the Left (less likely, but possible). Large scale civil war... no.

One of the reasons it is so unlikely is that the country is divided ideologically, but not geographically. There is no "Mason Dixon Line". Left and Right live next door to each other in every city and town in the country. The reality is that despite political differences, most of them are friends who interact every day. The extremists who would want violence over their political differences are really few and if they weren't so loud and given so much press, could be easily ignored.

I can look at my own circumstances. Where I am, a Conservative is definitely a political minority, but I know this... if one of my Leftist friends or neighbors was threatened with harm by someone on the Right, I would be standing watch on their house to make sure it didn't happen and I am certain the opposite is also true. If I were threatened for my political views, they would come to my aid (although I would probably tell them to go home and let me handle it).

That is the way it is across the country. there may be some violence at some point. There already has been. There won't be a "civil war".
    This is pretty much reality. My life is opposite. Very conservative area but we are all friends and neighbors. I serve on the city council with conservatives. We have no need to talk politics. I campaigned for the mayor's wife in a school board race. I worked the elections with mostly republicans. The great divide seems to be in forums, protests, newspaper columns and the news. Real life, we are all friends relatives and neigbors. Crazies may do violent things but Im guessing law enforcement or at worst the military controls it with our security forces trying to catch it before it happens. I see it the same way with blacks and whites. I go to many local HS events and blacks and whites getting along fine while cheering for their kids on the same team. I especially see it with HS kids and their friendships. Sometimes I think it is made to seem worse by news media, politicians and the fringe elements from both sides.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stephenpe For This Useful Post:

Cletus (09-07-2022),DGUtley (09-08-2022),Now_What (09-07-2022),pjohns (09-08-2022)

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 603
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Section31's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,555x in 3,341 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tahuyaman View Post
    ok. That would mean liquids. Who else?
    lol

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,587x in 55,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenpe View Post
    This is pretty much reality. My life is opposite. Very conservative area but we are all friends and neighbors. I serve on the city council with conservatives. We have no need to talk politics. I campaigned for the mayor's wife in a school board race. I worked the elections with mostly republicans. The great divide seems to be in forums, protests, newspaper columns and the news. Real life, we are all friends relatives and neigbors. Crazies may do violent things but Im guessing law enforcement or at worst the military controls it with our security forces trying to catch it before it happens. I see it the same way with blacks and whites. I go to many local HS events and blacks and whites getting along fine while cheering for their kids on the same team. I especially see it with HS kids and their friendships. Sometimes I think it is made to seem worse by news media, politicians and the fringe elements from both sides.
    Lol.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,211
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,935x in 18,180 Posts
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Desperate for attention Kathy is just trying to parrot the Biden Fear Mongering Speech in her own brand of stupid. She is basically trying to claim that if we keep Democrats in charge everything is fine (What a Joke), but if Republicans take the Congress then 1/6 paranoia all over again.................

A singular unarmed incident over in a matter of hours compared to many months of uncontrolled leftist BLM/ANTIFA violence and even some unlawful community takeovers. Pick your real threat.....
    My Revenge will be Success! - Donald J Trump

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

OLD GUY IN FLORIDA (09-07-2022),pjohns (09-08-2022)

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 1,597
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,125x in 28,522 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Now_What View Post
    That absolutely won’t happen. What a mess it would be geographically, economically, militarily, etc. I’m just glad it’s ridiculous.
    With the exception of a few smaller NE states & CA there really is not a Blue or Red State.

Most of NY is purple to red. Most of PA is purple to red.

A civil war would be rural against Urban.

Urban attract dependents on government. It is why they are attracted to big cities. Atlanta is Charlotte is Houston is New Orleans is NYC is Chicago is LA is Seattle is Detroit is Philly...

Location does not matter they are all Democrat and government dependent.

Rural NY, Rural WA, Rural GA, Rural PA... are all the same in the North and South, east and west.

A Geographically split would leave city states with absolutely no resources to survive.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

pjohns (09-08-2022)

+ Reply to Thread