User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why Your Natural Immunity Against COVID Is so Durable and How to Boost It

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,542x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why Your Natural Immunity Against COVID Is so Durable and How to Boost It

Natural immunity in those exposed to the COVID seems to be durable and it seems you can improve on it by doing what you do before infection with a virus to boost your immune system. Or at least for the people who actually do these things.

Why Your Natural Immunity Against COVID Is so Durable and How to Boost It (theepochtimes.com)

With some countries rolling out their 5th booster shot against COVID-19, many are putting the necessity of the next dose in question. For some, the extra shots are recommended by the CDC, but this does not mean we should all jump on the vaccine wagon.

Given that almost 1 in every 3.5 Americans have already had a confirmed COVID-19 infection and that our natural immunity is said to be more resilient than a booster shot, there are more ways to bolster your own antiviral immunity.

But does natural infection induce a stronger immunity than a vaccine? If so, why?

Is Natural Immunity Stronger Than the Vaccine?

It’s true that people who have been previously infected with COVID are more resilient against it.

When your body is infected with any virus, it means that our innate immunity is not strong enough to stop the virus at the front line of physical barrier or epithelium layers. As a result, the adaptive immunity will be activated.

In respect to antiviral adaptive immunity, there are two main pathways that can be triggered, the Th1 or Th2 pathway.

Why Your Natural Immunity Against COVID Is so Durable and How to Boost It (theepochtimes.com)
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

donttread (09-12-2022),Just AnotherPerson (09-24-2022)

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,570
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,140x in 28,532 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then the obvious question is if the vaccine actually interferes with the natural immunity process. I know too many people that wen through with 2+1 or 2+2 shots and got Covid more than once.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

donttread (09-29-2022)

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,646x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Then the obvious question is if the vaccine actually interferes with the natural immunity process. I know too many people that wen through with 2+1 or 2+2 shots and got Covid more than once.
    I am on my second bout of COVID, or at least that seems highly likely as I lost taste today even though a home test was negative 2 days ago.
    But this feels like a different virus and not just for me. Milder at least so far, definetly was for my wife. The symptoms are different , like a nasty head cold. Our friend has been evolving
    Total speculation of course but did our response give COVID time to evolve? And if so is it going the natural route and tending to get less deadly. ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (09-29-2022)

+ Reply to Thread