User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Texas A&M’s ‘Midnight Yell’ goes viral; App State referred to as ‘hillbilly college’

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,579x in 25,136 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Texas A&M’s ‘Midnight Yell’ goes viral; App State referred to as ‘hillbilly college’

Texas A&M’s ‘Midnight Yell’ goes viral; App State referred to as ‘hillbilly college’

ZWBYJ2NBCRDMLKMFJ72Z74FXAA.jpg

While Texas was giving then-No. 1 ranked Alabama everything they wanted, then-No. 6 Texas A&M was getting its hat handed to it by Appalachian State. Now, it appears that isn’t the most embarrassing thing that happened over the weekend in College Station.
    Video leaked of Texas A&M’s “Midnight Yell” practice, which, of course, is designed to bring the fans into the stadium the night before the game to get them pumped for the game.

A&M’s “Head Yell Leader” didn’t hold back in his verbal attack of the Mountaineers.

• “I’m not gonna lie to y’all, I had to google this team to make sure they were even real,” Zach Cross said.
    • “I was really confused because Appalachian is definitely not a state. But sure enough, I found them and they are located deep and I mean DEEP in the backwoods, just like you would think any hillbilly college that names themselves ‘The Mountaineers.’
    • “I just hope that these guys can get here tomorrow alright, because I know for a fact that half of their football team can barely even read the name on their jerseys, let alone, read a map. It’s a shame that the only two brain cells that these guys have left are going to get knocked out by our wrecking crew defense tomorrow.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1569380033160171522

IRM6CIHO6FDYVKFQL73SXO4RJU.jpg

th-3150342870.jpg

nailed it.gif

Clint.gif

Texas A&M’s ‘Midnight Yell’ goes viral; App State referred to as ‘hillbilly college’ - al.com
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 1,749
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,077x in 28,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Sunbelt Conference is having a good time. Little schools with big players.

Appalachian State left A&M crying at midnight instead of yelling

Coastal Carolina is 3-0 with the #4 QB in the country (#1 in 2021)
    Just behind #3 Caleb Williams, USC - #2 C.J. Stroud, Ohio State - #1 Bryce Young, Alabama

Marshall took out Notre Dame
    Let's go Brandon !!!

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,537x in 55,960 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post

Attachment 52036

While Texas was giving then-No. 1 ranked Alabama everything they wanted, then-No. 6 Texas A&M was getting its hat handed to it by Appalachian State. Now, it appears that isn’t the most embarrassing thing that happened over the weekend in College Station.
    Video leaked of Texas A&M’s “Midnight Yell” practice, which, of course, is designed to bring the fans into the stadium the night before the game to get them pumped for the game.

A&M’s “Head Yell Leader” didn’t hold back in his verbal attack of the Mountaineers.

• “I’m not gonna lie to y’all, I had to google this team to make sure they were even real,” Zach Cross said.
    • “I was really confused because Appalachian is definitely not a state. But sure enough, I found them and they are located deep and I mean DEEP in the backwoods, just like you would think any hillbilly college that names themselves ‘The Mountaineers.’
    • “I just hope that these guys can get here tomorrow alright, because I know for a fact that half of their football team can barely even read the name on their jerseys, let alone, read a map. It’s a shame that the only two brain cells that these guys have left are going to get knocked out by our wrecking crew defense tomorrow.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1569380033160171522

Attachment 52037

Attachment 52038

Attachment 52039

Attachment 52040

Texas A&M’s ‘Midnight Yell’ goes viral; App State referred to as ‘hillbilly college’ - al.com
    So. An Aggie is disrespecting a mountaineer. That’s ironic. Then losing. Lol.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (09-19-2022),DGUtley (09-24-2022)

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Chuck's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 859x in 617 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's ThuggzBawl season again. Time to leave the TV off until next spring again.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 554
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    LWW's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,760x in 2,003 Posts
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    App State is a fine academic school.

Had this bigot said the same thing about Wilbertorce their would be civil rights investigations.
    "Buy a man eat fish, the day, teach a man to a life time! "
    "As one computer said, if
    you're on the train and they say 'PORTAL BRIDGE' you know you better make other plans."
    - Joseph Robinette Biden -

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,579x in 25,136 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it bigotry or is it just old-school football trash-talking? *ichigan fans still say the same things about Ohio State fans being backward ass country f.ck illiterates, etc If you are going to say that stuff, your team needs to back it up. Sometimes, you eat crow. Is it bigotry - or just trash talking?

As for it being ThuggzBawl - there are plenty of good young men playing CFB. Let's not broad brush them all. I hate it when they paint all R's with the acts of a few - same here.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

+ Reply to Thread