Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,340x in 18,869 Posts
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Good on you on the walking, it has weight loss benefits but many other benefits as well. It helps me "positize" a word I invented that Webster has not recognized for some reason. LOL It is the act of becoming more positive and exercise helps, and when I walk vs the heavier exercise I can often feel it happening in real time.

Yes, walking is good, but, if he's thinking he can eat tons of fried foods, because he walks a little......he's kidding himself.

To walk off a diet of mostly fried foods,.you'd have to walk several miles, not just up/down stairs a couple of times.....remember, this guy weighs something like 350 pounds and, he's said he's pretty sedentary.
    Last edited by Abby08; 09-23-2022 at 01:07 PM.
    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (09-23-2022)

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Good on you on the walking, it has weight loss benefits but many other benefits as well. It helps me "positize" a word I invented that Webster has not recognized for some reason. LOL It is the act of becoming more positive and exercise helps, and when I walk vs the heavier exercise I can often feel it happening in real time.
    I am now walking while listening to Russian music.
    Progressives are Passionate about establishing Totalitarian Tyranny.

Conservatives are Apathetic about maintaining a Free Society.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CCitizen For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (09-25-2022)

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,646x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    Yes, walking is good, but, if he's thinking he can eat tons of fried foods, because he walks a little......he's kidding himself.

To walk off a diet of mostly fried foods,.you'd have to walk several miles, not just up/down stairs a couple of times.....remember, this guy weighs something like 350 pounds and, he's said he's pretty sedentary.
    I think he knows that but some of us make change in small steps. I'm one of them. For example when I quit smoking I cut down to one pack a day over a course of a couple of weeks. Then pretty much literally dropped a cigarette a day.
    With my knees when I start exercising it's purely about the habit. Started with a quarter mile in april and did 3 miles the other day. Yeah, I do know how pathetic that sounds , but it helps me burn off stress.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 701
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why bother with exercising, if you're still going to keep eating greasy, fried foods?

That's like saying, "I can eat this quart of ice cream, because I also ate some broccoli".

Plus, what fried foods do to your body, clogging your arteries, which leads to a whole mess of other health problems, can't be countered by a little walking.

A person might as well smoke while walking on a treadmill.
    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abby08 For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (09-28-2022),Peter1469 (09-26-2022)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,542x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why bother with exercising, if you're still going to keep eating greasy, fried foods?

That's like saying, "I can eat this quart of ice cream, because I also ate some broccoli".

Plus, what fried foods do to your body, clogging your arteries, which leads to a whole mess of other health problems, can't be countered by a little walking.

A person might as well smoke while walking on a treadmill.
    I would never advise someone to not exercise when they are choosing to do something else that is very unhealthy, but I get your point. You can't exercise or supplement yourself out of a bad diet (meaning nutrition plan not a fad diet).
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Abby08 (09-26-2022),CCitizen (09-27-2022)

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 701
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I would never advise someone to not exercise when they are choosing to do something else that is very unhealthy, but I get your point. You can't exercise or supplement yourself out of a bad diet (meaning nutrition plan not a fad diet).

Oh, no, I'm not saying don't exercise but, if you're not going to give up the unhealthy eating habits, you're kinda defeating your purpose.
    "LET'S GO BRANDON!"

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, no, I'm not saying don't exercise but, if you're not going to give up the unhealthy eating habits, you're kinda defeating your purpose.
    Yes.

But if you can keep that exercise habit, then maybe when you do wake up about a total healthy life you are not starting from step one. Also if you are big and heavy, if a lot of that is lean muscle mass, you are much better off, outcome wise.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (09-28-2022)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    I am now walking while listening to Russian music.

Good for you!! I want to share some weight loss advice with you that might or might not be helpful. Just some stuff I realized over the many years.

It helps to understand the process in our bodies, when trying to loose weight. Think of food as a drug, that changes your chemistry. Think of this, it’s so easy to say you will start a diet tomorrow when you’ve just eaten a meal. Tomorrow comes and all of that goes out the window, you start to feel suffering and hunger, this is the reaction your body is having to the chemistry. Once the chemistry starts to wear off, you feel suffering or craving. Your body gets used to certain conditions and it let’s you know when they are off. So you eat that next bad meal, and all of the suffering goes away. That is akin to a drug fix. Then comes the guilt and sorrow. Once you understand the process it’s easier to get a hold of the situation. You realize it’s just a chemistry reaction and know that it will pass.

What many people don’t realize is that many people who are overweight have nutrient starvation from eating processed foods. Processed foods have little nutrition, not only that they have bad things in them that cause you to have cravings and prevent you from loosing weight, by suppressing your hormones responsible for telling you that you are satiated. Once you are weaned off them your body will normalize, and you will feel better. When you have nutrient starvation you tend to crave high calorie meals your body thinks it will solve the crisis, but it never does.

When you are very overweight it is not always safe to just throw yourself into a diet full blown. It’s a good idea to start really slow. If you normally eat a lot of sweets, then replace that with cereal, put some in a zip lock and snack on it. Or oranges, just things like that. Frozen blueberries are a good one.

You should still eat your same foods and slowly replace them with healthy foods one by one. That way you don’t shock your body. Eventually you will have a 100% healthy diet.

The real trick is to switch over to all natural foods that you prepare yourself. and to completely cut off all processed foods. You can still eat things like canned or frozen vegetables because they have nothing added.

There is a misconception that a diet should be all bland and boring food. Heck no, spices are your friend. You can make almost anything taste amazing with a little garlic, salt and onion. You can eat fried rice, potatoes, fried vegetables with meat, savory soups. You can have salads that have nuts and cheese in them with seasonings. You can have bowls of fruit. It doesn’t have to suck.

Start exercising slowly. If you live a sedentary life then even just walking around your house is a good step. You will work up to what you and your body can handle, eventually it will feel really good to you and not be a chore. Once you start to loose weight you will feel wonderful and it will boost your self confidence, and you will be able to breathe better and moving around will be easier. You will feel and be healthier. The cravings for food will be replaced with craving to loose more weight. The satisfaction of it will outweigh any cravings.

Also it’s really important to not think of it as a diet, that already entails suffering. Instead think of it as a new way of life.

You can do it!!!!
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

CCitizen (09-28-2022),MisterVeritis (09-28-2022),Peter1469 (09-26-2022)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Good for you!! I want to share some weight loss advice with you that might or might not be helpful. Just some stuff I realized over the many years.

It helps to understand the process in our bodies, when trying to loose weight. Think of food as a drug, that changes your chemistry. Think of this, it’s so easy to say you will start a diet tomorrow when you’ve just eaten a meal. Tomorrow comes and all of that goes out the window, you start to feel suffering and hunger, this is the reaction your body is having to the chemistry. Once the chemistry starts to wear off, you feel suffering or craving. Your body gets used to certain conditions and it let’s you know when they are off. So you eat that next bad meal, and all of the suffering goes away. That is akin to a drug fix. Then comes the guilt and sorrow. Once you understand the process it’s easier to get a hold of the situation. You realize it’s just a chemistry reaction and know that it will pass.

What many people don’t realize is that many people who are overweight have nutrient starvation from eating processed foods. Processed foods have little nutrition, not only that they have bad things in them that cause you to have cravings and prevent you from loosing weight, by suppressing your hormones responsible for telling you that you are satiated. Once you are weaned off them your body will normalize, and you will feel better. When you have nutrient starvation you tend to crave high calorie meals your body thinks it will solve the crisis, but it never does.

When you are very overweight it is not always safe to just throw yourself into a diet full blown. It’s a good idea to start really slow. If you normally eat a lot of sweets, then replace that with cereal, put some in a zip lock and snack on it. Or oranges, just things like that. Frozen blueberries are a good one.

You should still eat your same foods and slowly replace them with healthy foods one by one. That way you don’t shock your body. Eventually you will have a 100% healthy diet.

The real trick is to switch over to all natural foods that you prepare yourself. and to completely cut off all processed foods. You can still eat things like canned or frozen vegetables because they have nothing added.

There is a misconception that a diet should be all bland and boring food. Heck no, spices are your friend. You can make almost anything taste amazing with a little garlic, salt and onion. You can eat fried rice, potatoes, fried vegetables with meat, savory soups. You can have salads that have nuts and cheese in them with seasonings. You can have bowls of fruit. It doesn’t have to suck.

Start exercising slowly. If you live a sedentary life then even just walking around your house is a good step. You will work up to what you and your body can handle, eventually it will feel really good to you and not be a chore. Once you start to loose weight you will feel wonderful and it will boost your self confidence, and you will be able to breathe better and moving around will be easier. You will feel and be healthier. The cravings for food will be replaced with craving to loose more weight. The satisfaction of it will outweigh any cravings.

Also it’s really important to not think of it as a diet, that already entails suffering. Instead think of it as a new way of life.

You can do it!!!!
    Great advice.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (09-26-2022)

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post

You can do it!!!!
    Thank you! The only problem is that I have to eat when I feel Depression.
    Progressives are Passionate about establishing Totalitarian Tyranny.

Conservatives are Apathetic about maintaining a Free Society.

+ Reply to Thread