Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,636x in 1,030 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Brady is a loser who has been propt up by those around him. His eyes are those of a thief and his dull face is just more of the same.
    Lmao ok Jest fan!

Probably one of the worst sports takes i have ever read, congrats on that!

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,113
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,099x in 10,781 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
    Lmao ok Jest fan!

Probably one of the worst sports takes i have ever read, congrats on that!
    That actually sounds like a Bills fan

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,637x in 56,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Brady is a loser who has been propt up by those around him. His eyes are those of a thief and his dull face is just more of the same.
    Brady is easy to dislike, but you’re full of crap on this.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I read a funny story about Brady a few years ago. When Randy Miss was with the Patriots he had a scruffy beard. The aura of the Pats then was everyone well groomed and such. Brady approached Moss in the locker room and told him shave his beard. Miss repo def with something like …. I’m Randy effing Moss. I’ll shave my beard when you lose that sissy hair cut.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the worst roughing the passer penalty I’ve ever seen. The league panders to this Dude and I’m a tad confused as to why. Life does go on, but that wasn’t roughing the quarterback in any league.

why not throw a flag on Giselle for filing for divorce?

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brady didn’t show any decline yesterday.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,938
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,647x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Just finally looks old...to me. And not in comparison to me...but to the other QB's in the league. In this "QB era", I think it's time for Tom to finally hang the cleats.

Watched Mahomes yesterday. Weather was foul so watched several games. Sunshine for the Jaguars. Hurts in Philly. That Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson put QB shows on.

You got these athletes playing the position now, Brady won't be able to compete with that...in my opinion.

The QB's that can keep the play going. Mahomes or Jackson. Even the young guns Herbert or Burrow can extend plays, put more pressure on the D.

I think Brady has won his last Super Bowl.

Having said that, if he gets there.....don't bet against him.
    It was one call so who knows why or if there was intent but
    Yesterday a potentially game changing penalty was called for "roughing the passer" when the passer was actually tackled about as softly as possible. That passer was Brady. So the question has to be asked . Are the officials pressured to protect some, like Tom, above and beyond the already very protective rules? And did that cost the opponents a shot at a win?

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,470
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    testsubjectalpha's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,183x in 6,937 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw another roughing the passer call yesterday, same thing as Brady. The rule this year seems to be, if your helmut is right up there with the QB helmet defenseman, a flag will be thrown. So no, I don't think Brady got any special treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Yesterday a potentially game changing penalty was called for "roughing the passer" when the passer was actually tackled about as softly as possible. That passer was Brady. So the question has to be asked . Are the officials pressured to protect some, like Tom, above and beyond the already very protective rules? And did that cost the opponents a shot at a win?
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." - Patrick Henry

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    I can see late hits. I understand helmet to helmet. I get going after knees and such. But the call on Brady was cause it's Brady. Roughing call in last night's game as well that was nonsense....but this happens too often where the same QB is concerned

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,938
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,647x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden477 View Post
    "I still have the image of Tom Brady coming down the old Foxboro Stadium steps with that pizza box under his arm, a skinny beanpole, and when he introduced himself to me and said 'Hi Mr. Kraft,' he was about to say who he was, but I said 'I know who you are, you're Tom Brady. You're our sixth round draft choice ..... And he looked me in the eye and said 'I'm the best decision this organization has ever made.'
    "It looks like he could be right."

- Robert Kraft, Patriots owner

1) Given that Tom Brady has never possessed any of the physical attributes (speed, strength, size) that would distinguish him from his peers and provide a competitive advantage, his success and longevity can be exclusively attributed to those "mental" abilities that don't necessarily diminish with age - intelligence, "pocket awareness," intensive work ethic and an unrivalled competitive spirit!

2) Unlike their supporting cast and barring serious injuries, most NFL quarterbacks never reach their projected potential before their 30's, when most players in other positions are contemplating retirement - the extended careers of Sammy Brough (1937-1952), Bart Starr (1956-71), Johnny Unitas (1956-1973), Fran Tarkenton (1961-1978), Joe Montana (1979-1994), Petyon Manning (1998-2015) Drew Brees (2001-2020) and Aaron Rogers (2005 to present) were based on mental abilities, not athletic prowess in perhaps the most "physical" of all sports!

3) Even at age 45, Brady appears to have lost none of his mental "toughness," competitive "edge" and the ability to elevate the play of those around him - all largely attributed to being forced to struggle against adversity, defying the overwhelming odds at every stage of his high school, college and professional football career, forced to convince sceptical coaches, general managers and owners that "'I'm the best decision this organization has ever made!'

4) Brady's 1st introduction into the "fickle" world of football politics came with be relegated as "back-up" on the junior varsity, sitting on the bench behind a quarterback who led the team to a 0-8 win season without ever scoring a touchdown - he would only be elevated to "starter" during his 2nd season after its 1st string "pivot was injured!

5) Despite being recruited from high school as a 4 star recruit by Michigan, with a highly regarded football program except when it comes to NFL calibre quarterbacks -
    - 1st year - Brady "red-shirted"
    - 1st year on team - ranked 7th of the team's quarterback depth chart at the beginning of the season
    - 2nd and 3rd years - elevated but platooned as a part-time "starter" with Drew Henson
    - 4th year - emerged as the team undisputed "pivot" during his senior year where he earned the reputation as "The Comeback Kid"

6) Graduating from Michigan in 1999, Brady's performance was less than impressive at 2000 NFL Scouting Combine where its emphasis on athletic skills, underestimating his intrinsic abilities at quarterback - once again Brady would be confronted with the same reoccurring theme, his football career prospects being effectively"written-off," in this instance, the near-fatal blow was being delivered even before his professional career had started!

7) Projected to be a 2nd or 3rd round prospect, the collective wisdom of the "brain-trusts" in all 32 NFL teams would allowed arguably the greatest player in the history of the game, to slide to 199th in the 6th Round, a "compensatory" pick and the 7th quarterback selected in the 2000 NFL Draft - Brady would later recount that mortified, he was forced to leave the family home in tears and after composing himself, returned to find himself as a member of the New England Patriots!

8) With the overall 1st selection of the 1993 Draft as the Patriots starting quarterback and list at 199th in the 6th Round, Brady was an "afterthought," a virtual unknown, never contemplated as a serious candidate to compete as the New England 1st string pivot - for the 3rd consecutive time in his football career, Brady would find himself being relegated to "back-up" status - this time buried on the fourth-string of the Patriot depth-chart!

9) In 2000-2001, serving as "back-up" to the "back ups" and where unlike other positions, there is room for only 1 quarterback on the field, Tom Brady future prospects appeared grim - any players' "self-confidence" would be severely challenged when progressing up the Patriot's depth chart meant competing against 3 far more experienced quarterbacks at the college/professional levels, possessing "credentials" " that made his "pale" in comparison!
    - 1st string - Drew Bledsoe - Patriots starting quarterback - the overall 1st selection in the NFL 1993 Draft
    - 2nd string - John Friesz - 1989 Walter Payton Award Winner, the Division 1-AA's equivalent to the Heisman Trophy as the nation's most outstanding player - starting quarterback with the San Diego Chargers - inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame (2006)
    - 3rd string - Michael Bishop - 22-3 record with NCCAF national contender Kansas State - consensus All-American - placed 2nd in Heisman Trophy voting in 1998

10) By the start of the 2001-2002 NFL Season, Brady had managed to elevate himself to 2nd on the Patriot depth chart, after replacing an injured Bledsoe in the 2nd game and went on to win 11 of the next 14 games, a berth in Play-offs and an invitation to the Pro-Bowl - he has never posted a losing season during his college/professional career, currently holds virtually every quarterback record and led teams to 9 Super (winning 7) in 3 different decades, a testament to both his ability to perform at the highest level and his longevity!

11) Given the long history of having his abilities being underestimated, Brady continues to repeatedly defy the conventional NFL wisdom - as the oldest NFL MVP at age 40, the oldest Super Bowl MVP at age 43 and the oldest quarterback selected to the Pro Bowl at age 44, apparently that isn't enough to convince his critics that the oldest quarterback to start a game at age 45 has suddenly "lost his touch!"

12) From 2000 to 2019, Brady led the New England to 17 titles (11 consecutively from 2009 to 2019), 13 AFC Championship Games (8 consecutive wins from 2011 to 2018), 9 Super Bowl appearances, and 6 Super Bowl titles - all the more remarkable given that repeatedly relegated to 32nd in the NFL Draft, as quarterback he was rarely been afforded the luxury of being surrounded by a "supporting cast" with 1st round talent!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Brady

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/25-grea...l-history-2016
    He and Manning were/are the best pre-snap readers of defence and revolutionized the game with all of the line of scrimmage stuff. I respect that Tom never freaked out about being paid the most and left a little in the salary cap tank to pay receivers and OL. Something the roger's, Patricks , etc of the world could learn from.
    But I respect the QB's of the past that had to be football players a little bit more. The Brady flop, while helping to extend his career, would have been laughed at back in the day.

+ Reply to Thread