User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The oppressed are allowed to hate their oppressors.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassYour first Group25000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Admiral Ackbar's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,992x in 3,109 Posts
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    I'm a pretty free speech-oriented person myself. First of all, most of what gets censored both online and off as "hate speech" is nothing of the kind. Secondly, I'm not perfect and doubt that any of us really are. We all need some leeway to have bad days, and forgiveness.

I also think her point is mostly valid. Most of us "misandrists", I think you'll find, are women who've been through a lot and have real reasons, both personal (like surviving years or a lifetime of violent abuse from men) and impersonal (like legal and cultural discrimination against women as a whole), for feeling the way that we do about most men -- maybe just sometimes not trusting or wanting to be around men or in need of being verbally unfair and "toxic" every once in a while -- that maybe could meet with a little more sympathy and understanding sometimes. I have to just get over a violently, VIOLENTLY abusive upbringing (and frankly adulthood too to some extent) and manage aaaallll the glorious lifelong neuroses that have resulted, but I don't get to say "men suck" every once in a while or make fun of incels and what their idea of oppression is because that's mean? Seriously? Haven't earned that right yet?
    No you haven't. Men as a group did nothing to you. If you had bad experiences with individuals male or femaie, trash talk them all you want as individuals. Do men who have terrible experiences with female hypergamy, The ridiculous and unfair Child Support system and divorce courts get to bash all women? Haven't they earned the right.

Remember 80% of divorce is initiated by women. Usually because the women has found another man. They don't leave until they have one on the hook.. believe that. During that process they can't say they think they found a better guy and want to upgrade, so you always get a character assignation by the women. She will never take accountability.

Haven't the men who have gone through that hell earned the right to talk some $#@! on women.

Also Dating apps. You know why women are miserable and can't find a husband? It is dating apps. 80% of the women on those apps are dating 10% of the guys. It is all appearance based. Basically that 10% of the men are hitting it hard and often. Then the women are shocked when they don't commit! Why would they? LOL The other 90% of the guys.. good guys don't get a shot.

Now if a man admitted it is all about appearance the feminists go crazy.

So you don't think the men that go through that hell have earned the right to talk $#@! on all women?

Finally, No Polly I won't date you.. Stop hitting on me.
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"----Fletcher in The Outlaw Josey Wales

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If a POC (or anyone else) wants to say "I hate White people" - in free speech terms, and in circumstances where it isn't going to cost them their job - that's unfortunate and suggests a less than fully mature perspective, but otherwise it means little or nothing to me. The same goes for anyone who claims to hate men as a set. The justification for such a statement is the whole idea of entire classes and groups of people being responsible for the bad acts of some of their members.

Thinking of some groups as oppressors and other groups as victims leads not only to senseless violence, but to an entitlement mentality that says, "That group hurt my group, therefore I personally am owed something". The focus and priority of the law and society should always be on the actions and treatment of individuals.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Captdon (10-07-2022),CCitizen (10-06-2022),Dr. Who (10-06-2022)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,471x in 36,446 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    It is mostly a matter of culture. Chances are less that I will have anything in common with someone that likes Rap, Basketball and votes based on skin color.

If the same black man walks up and starts talking about golf then we have mutual interests.
    Growing up as a minority in a area that was mostly black and Puerto Rican, what I saw was the culture split as we grew up. It wasn't because of skin color. It was choice of sports, music, dress...that divided us.
    People who say "skin color this or that" are trying to dismiss the concrete cultural differences "skin color" often entails.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Captdon (10-07-2022)

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,804
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    No you haven't. Men as a group did nothing to you. If you had bad experiences with individuals male or femaie, trash talk them all you want as individuals. Do men who have terrible experiences with female hypergamy, The ridiculous and unfair Child Support system and divorce courts get to bash all women? Haven't they earned the right.

Remember 80% of divorce is initiated by women. Usually because the women has found another man. They don't leave until they have one on the hook.. believe that. During that process they can't say they think they found a better guy and want to upgrade, so you always get a character assignation by the women. She will never take accountability.

Haven't the men who have gone through that hell earned the right to talk some $#@! on women.

Also Dating apps. You know why women are miserable and can't find a husband? It is dating apps. 80% of the women on those apps are dating 10% of the guys. It is all appearance based. Basically that 10% of the men are hitting it hard and often. Then the women are shocked when they don't commit! Why would they? LOL The other 90% of the guys.. good guys don't get a shot.

So you don't think the men that go through that hell have earned the right to talk $#@! on all women?

So what you're saying with the rest of your post after the bolded part is that you can't even come close to living by your own standards?

Look, you're free to be the psychotic, misogynist $#@! that you clearly are as far as I'm concerned, so long as you respect my rights instead of being the world's most massive hypocrite about it. At least you're more honest than most guys here are about how you feel. Maybe we could even make that honesty the beginning of a constructive conversation.

Let's talk about the selectiveness of women. Women have to be pickier than men. You know why? Because intimate partner violence is like the leading cause of death for women of reproductive age! It's called being smart. Not being picky can get you killed!

As to divorce, yeah, the vast majority of divorces are initiated by women. Some might argue that that's cause for some self-reflection on the part of men, considering that such stats seem to indicate women tend to be more disappointed and miserable in marriage than their husbands are.

Well just thoughts.

(And you're damn right I'm not dating you. Hell I wouldn't feel safe being within a 10-mile radius of you.)
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 10-06-2022 at 12:59 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (10-07-2022)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,378x in 15,847 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a pretty free speech-oriented person myself. First of all, most of what gets censored both online and off as "hate speech" is nothing of the kind. Secondly, I'm not perfect and doubt that any of us really are. We all need some leeway to have bad days, and forgiveness.

I also think her point is mostly valid. Most of us "misandrists", I think you'll find, are women who've been through a lot and have real reasons, both personal (like surviving years or a lifetime of violent abuse from men) and impersonal (like legal and cultural discrimination against women as a whole), for feeling the way that we do about most men -- maybe just sometimes not trusting or wanting to be around men or in need of being verbally unfair and "toxic" every once in a while -- that maybe could meet with a little more sympathy and understanding sometimes. I have to just get over a violently, VIOLENTLY abusive upbringing (and frankly adulthood too to some extent) and manage aaaallll the glorious lifelong neuroses that have resulted, but I don't get to say "men suck" every once in a while or make fun of incels and what their idea of oppression is because that's mean? Seriously? Haven't earned that right yet?
    No, you haven't "earned that right yet".

If you want to target the people who abused you, have at it, but to target an entire demographic is just hateful and stupid.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Captdon (10-07-2022)

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,882
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,929x in 8,807 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to the statistics married men cheat 20% of the time and married women 13% of the time. The leading causes of divorce are as follows:

"The lack of commitment is the leading cause of divorces, with 75% of couples citing it as the reason for their separation (Divorce rates are highest among couples in their 20s.) This is followed by infidelity (59.6%) and too much conflict and arguments (57.7%). Meanwhile, some married couples divorce because of domestic violence (23.5%), financial problems (36.1%), and substance abuse (34.6%). (Shaw, 2019)" 106 Divorce Statistics You Can't Ignore: 2022 Divorce Rates and Impact on Children - Financesonline.com
    Reasons for Divorce and Recollections of Premarital Intervention: Implications for Improving Relationship Education - PMC (nih.gov)

Men are almost twice as likely as women to be substance abusers. Thus, given the fact that men are more likely to be unfaithful, more likely to be an abusive spouse and more likely to be a substance abuser, that may contribute the fact that 69% of divorces are initiated by women.

As to dating apps, I'm not sure where you are getting your data.

"This statistic presents the percentage of adults in the United States who have used a dating website or app as of April 2020, by gender. According to the findings, nine percent of male respondents stated that they were currently using a dating website or app, while in comparison only three percent of female respondents reported similar responses." U.S. dating website or app usage by gender 2020 | Statista

Apparently, the disparity regarding men finding dates on those websites has more to do with the fact that women are far less likely to be availing themselves of those services.

Finally, if this is the picture on your dating app page, it might explain why you aren't getting any hits.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Admiral Ackbar (10-07-2022),IMPress Polly (10-07-2022)

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 628
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    CCitizen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,244x in 949 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for sharing. I have no right to judge someone who was severely abused. I was never abused myself, although many of my peers were abused at home.
    Progressives are Passionate about establishing Totalitarian Tyranny.

Conservatives are Apathetic about maintaining a Free Society.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CCitizen For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (10-07-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do men who have terrible experiences with female hypergamy, The ridiculous and unfair Child Support system and divorce courts get to bash all women? Haven't they earned the right.
    Many men are abused as well. Two decades ago male HipHop artists had Freedom to express their anger over that abuse. Today any man who makes a negative generalization about women is cancelled.

Eminem was abused by his mother and in 2000 he had Freedom to publish very unflattering album about women. In 2022, Andrew Tate is deplatformed.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,882
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,929x in 8,807 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCitizen View Post
    Many men are abused as well. Two decades ago male HipHop artists had Freedom to express their anger over that abuse. Today any man who makes a negative generalization about women is cancelled.

Eminem was abused by his mother and in 2000 he had Freedom to publish very unflattering album about women. In 2022, Andrew Tate is deplatformed.
    Negative generalizations do far more harm than good.

Andrew Tate has been quoted making the following statements:

"Tate has described himself as "absolutely a sexist" and "absolutely a misogynist".[32] He has stated that women "belong in the home", "can't drive",[33] and are "given to the man and belong to the man",[2] and claimed that men prefer dating 18- and 19-year-olds because they have had sex with fewer men.[34] Tate stated that he decided to move to Romania in part because he was less likely to be investigated for sexual assault allegations in Eastern Europe." Andrew Tate - Wikipedia

Presumably all of those platforms that have rejected him, don't wish to support someone who has the potential to negatively influence young men with such misogynistic and chauvinistic ideology. They are not bastions of free speech; they are social media websites looking to maintain or increase their membership which is very likely at least 50% female.

Misogyny is considered an anti-social trait. Misogynistic attitudes in men increase the risk for substance use and depression. It is linked to violence, delinquency, unsafe sexual behaviors, and intimate partner violence (toward women). While misogyny can be the result of cultural influences in general, it is also believed to be the result of emotional suppression (inability to express emotions) and in men who believe they deserve special privileges, when this belief is challenged, they frequently lack the emotion regulation skills to manage feelings of rejection within the context of intimate relationships or in their attempts to form intimate relationships with women. As a consequence, these emotions are often expressed as verbal abuse, emotional abuse or violence.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Standing Wolf (10-06-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Negative generalizations do far more harm than good.

Andrew Tate has been quoted making the following statements:

"Tate has described himself as "absolutely a sexist" and "absolutely a misogynist".[32] He has stated that women "belong in the home", "can't drive",[33] and are "given to the man and belong to the man",[2] and claimed that men prefer dating 18- and 19-year-olds because they have had sex with fewer men.[34] Tate stated that he decided to move to Romania in part because he was less likely to be investigated for sexual assault allegations in Eastern Europe." Andrew Tate - Wikipedia

Presumably all of those platforms that have rejected him, don't wish to support someone who has the potential to negatively influence young men with such misogynistic and chauvinistic ideology. They are not bastions of free speech; they are social media websites looking to maintain or increase their membership which is very likely at least 50% female.

Misogyny is considered an anti-social trait. Misogynistic attitudes in men increase the risk for substance use and depression. It is linked to violence, delinquency, unsafe sexual behaviors, and intimate partner violence (toward women). While misogyny can be the result of cultural influences in general, it is also believed to be the result of emotional suppression (inability to express emotions) and in men who believe they deserve special privileges, when this belief is challenged, they frequently lack the emotion regulation skills to manage feelings of rejection within the context of intimate relationships or in their attempts to form intimate relationships with women. As a consequence, these emotions are often expressed as verbal abuse, emotional abuse or violence.
    Sadly, most Social Media Platforms allow much worse Misandry. Phrases "men are trash" and "I hate men" are widely trending on Twitter. Posts celebrating the fact that men are dying from COVID have gotten over 400,000 likes and have not been banned. This constant stream of Misandry revictimizes men who have been already abused by women.

In 1999 book "Women Can't Hear What Men do not Say", Warren Farrell examined male bashing and concluded that it is about 9 times more common then female bashing. In 2022, Misandry is probably at least a hundred times more common then Misogyny. On Social Media, men have much less Freedom of Speech then women.

This is one of the reasons, why men are not the oppressors. In an oppressive Patriarchy, Misogyny would be much more tolerated then Misandry.

+ Reply to Thread