Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,418x in 94,889 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Is The Perfect Diet Plan For Fat Loss

Answer: there isn't a perfect diet because people are different. There are some broad principles to follow that can be used with any diet. Have a sustainable calorie deficit- not too large or you will lose muscle with the fat, which is counter-productive in the long run. Eat protein with every meal to help preserve muscle as you loose fat. Don't overly restrict your diet as that is the number one reason diets fail.

What Is The Perfect Diet Plan For Fat Loss

When it comes to fat loss while maintaining or building muscle, is there such a thing as a perfect diet plan? If so, is it possible that the bodybuilding-style diet, which has been around for decades is still the best fat loss diet, despite countless other diets being available today? If so, why? If not what are the downsides of bodybuilding diets? If “it depends,” what does it depend on?… In today’s Burn the Fat Blog Post, I respond to a reader on this burning question…

Answer: On one hand, if you’re arguing the case that bodybuilding style diets are great for losing pure fat while maintaining muscle and for building muscle, you’re preaching to the choir. I have indeed been eating similar to the way you described for decades, and I still do to this day. I have not changed or jumped on any new bandwagons. I also recommend bodybuilding diets to others who have the same goals (bodybuilding and better body composition).

On the other hand, I have to stop a little short of saying it’s the perfect diet or the best diet. There have also been some slight changes in guidelines over the years to help people individualize their diet plans better than we did 20 or 30 years ago.

There’s no such thing as a single diet that’s perfect for everyone

If we’re talking about the best diet for bodybuilders and physique athletes, that narrows down what is optimal at least a little. But if we’re considering the whole population and general weight loss and health goals, there’s no such thing as a perfect fat loss diet. No one should waste their time perpetually searching for the ultimate perfect diet, only what’s best for them.

The main reason is because individuals are so different in their lifestyles, genetics and health conditions. The ideal diet for an individual depends on these and many other factors.

You also have to be careful not to dismiss personal food preferences when talking about an ideal diet. You can’t prescribe one diet to the whole world and assume it will be enjoyed and embraced by everyone, especially when you think about cultural differences as well.

It’s not a simple matter of taste preference either, it can be a matter of ethics (as when vegetarians don’t want to eat meat). It can be a matter of allergies or intolerances so certain foods must be avoided. It can also be a matter of convenience (as in the case where some people don’t want to eat 5 or 6 times per day like many bodybuilders do).

One possible definition of a perfect fat loss diet

We could argue that a “perfect fat loss diet” is one that helps an individual get in a calorie deficit in the most painless way possible for them, given their preferences, and which they can stick with the easiest because they like the diet and eat foods they enjoy.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (11-05-2022)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,434x in 20,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since my boys passed my eating habits have changed drastically. One or two small meals is all I can put down, but I never gave up real butter or milk,
    We get a pizza about once every two or three weeks.
    I've dropped 55 lbs. 230 to 175
    I don't drink, but I do smoke.
    I do 25 flights of stairs daily. At least my knees are in fairly good shape.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (11-05-2022),Peter1469 (11-05-2022)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    Since my boys passed my eating habits have changed drastically. One or two small meals is all I can put down, but I never gave up real butter or milk,
    Sounds like you found your diet. Sustainable and it worked.

I wish my knees were in fairly good shape.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (11-05-2022)

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,434x in 20,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Sounds like you found your diet. Sustainable and it worked.

I wish my knees were in fairly good shape.
    lol............I think it found me.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (11-05-2022)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing that concerns me about the traditional body-building diet for men is the high intake of eggs. Not all body builders eat so many eggs, but my nephew eats a dozen a day. He also looks like The Rock.

According to the published paper, “Men who consumed 2.5 or more eggs per week had a 81% increased risk of lethal prostate cancer compared to men who consumed less than half an egg per week.”
    https://sperlingprostatecenter.com/d...ostate-cancer/

Perhaps the problem is with the Estradiol content in the eggs themselves.

I don't know, and I've been watching for more studies to come out, but they're dragging their feet on this one, in my opinion. We have a lot of men--not just bodybuilders--eating a lot of eggs. And we're also seeing high prostate cancer numbers. Correlation or causation?
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post

I can't imagine the emotional trauma that would accompany losing one's children, but I'm guessing it would be enormous. Loss of appetite seems like one of the more common side effects. I'm so sorry you're going through that.

Dropping 55 pounds is big.

As a teen in boarding school, I smoked but that's when everyone smoked. I quit in college and I've never really missed it, but I think the price of a pack of cigarettes has gone up--greatly! One of the early social-engineering pushes in our nation.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    The one thing that concerns me about the traditional body-building diet for men is the high intake of eggs. Not all body builders eat so many eggs, but my nephew eats a dozen a day. He also looks like The Rock.

https://sperlingprostatecenter.com/d...ostate-cancer/

Perhaps the problem is with the Estradiol content in the eggs themselves.

I don't know, and I've been watching for more studies to come out, but they're dragging their feet on this one, in my opinion. We have a lot of men--not just bodybuilders--eating a lot of eggs. And we're also seeing high prostate cancer numbers. Correlation or causation?
    Well, eating that many eggs is more of a competitive body builder thing. The guys who want massive bulk and eat 4-5 thousand calories a day. These are guys who are ~250 lbs with 8% body fat. This is a small population.

And they often use only a few whole eggs and most just the whites. When I make my oatmeal and eggs breakfast I use 2 whole eggs and two servings of egg whites.

On the eggs and prostate cancer article. Yes, there is conflicting research on eggs. I have read a lot of it and believe the studies that are pro-egg are correct. And it may be the difference from eating eggs from free range chickens versus factory farmed chickens who eat corn and are lucky if their feet ever touch the ground once in their lives.

I eat around 12 whole eggs and around 6 servings of egg whites per week. I am 52 and my prostrate is golden. I also belong to a couple of body building social media platforms and nobody has said that they got prostrate cancer. I would look to excessive alcohol consumption and eating too much highly process foods for a cause rather than the humble egg.

And the "body-builder" diet doesn't prescribe any amount of eggs. It does call for 5-6 meals a day (smart snacking between bigger meals count) and protein with each meal. Eggs just happen to be a great source of protein and healthy fat.
    Last edited by Peter1469; 11-05-2022 at 05:09 AM.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,571x in 36,510 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The OP touches on the simple truth: the best fat loss diet is the one you'll stick to.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (11-06-2022)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,571x in 36,510 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Well, eating that many eggs is more of a competitive body builder thing. The guys who want massive bulk and eat 4-5 thousand calories a day. These are guys who are ~250 lbs with 8% body fat. This is a small population.

And they often use only a few whole eggs and most just the whites. When I make my oatmeal and eggs breakfast I use 2 whole eggs and two servings of egg whites.

On the eggs and prostate cancer article. Yes, there is conflicting research on eggs. I have read a lot of it and believe the studies that are pro-egg are correct. And it may be the difference from eating eggs from free range chickens versus factory farmed chickens who eat corn and are lucky if their feet ever touch the ground once in their lives.

I eat around 12 whole eggs and around 6 servings of egg whites per week. I am 52 and my prostrate is golden. I also belong to a couple of body building social media platforms and nobody has said that they got prostrate cancer. I would look to excessive alcohol consumption and eating too much highly process foods for a cause rather than the humble egg.

And the "body-builder" diet doesn't prescribe any amount of eggs. It does call for 5-6 meals a day (smart snacking between bigger meals count) and protein with each meal. Eggs just happen to be a great source of protein and healthy fat.
    The only metanalysis I have seen found no link between eggs and prostate cancer.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (11-06-2022)

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    The only metanalysis I have seen found no link between eggs and prostate cancer.
    Eggs have gotten bad raps for cholesterol too. Recent science should dietary cholesterol isn't harmful to most people. But for a long time, eggs were demonized and people avoid either eggs entirely or stuck with egg whites. You are missing out on a lot of nutrients if you skip the yoke.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Mister D (11-06-2022)

+ Reply to Thread