Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,272x in 20,298 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So politically incorrect

Last edited by stjames1_53; 11-22-2022 at 08:01 AM.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (12-17-2022),Chris (12-17-2022),PaulyWalnuts (11-22-2022),Peter1469 (11-22-2022),Red Lily (12-17-2022),Thom Paine (12-18-2022)

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,031
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,272x in 20,298 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 444
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,514x in 16,038 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The PC fad needs to stop.
    It's creating generations of people that are so hellbent on fondling their little victimhood agendas that you cannot even have a normal combo with them

I'll be a Kool Aid drinking fool at a Jim Jones church service before I will spend my entire being trying to be PC

I do only have one black friend. He's not a token Jolson friend either. He's one of my very best buddies. He's intelligent , loyal, well spoken and I trust him 100%

I had another black friend about two years ago. He was a good acquaintance more than anything. I do admit I sent him on a lot of errands, mine. But it wasn't like u had him leashed.

Finally , one night he came by to drink Tequila with me.

Suddenly he said since I was an avid Trump supporter that I was an oppressor and White Supreme st

I didn't try to defend his accusation. Why would I. Cause he spoke?

After a few seconds I threw my glass against the wall and said " I may or may not be. I dont owe you sht you libtard idiot. GTFO Buckwheat mfer

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (12-18-2022),stjames1_53 (12-19-2022)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,885
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,664x in 28,251 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1 View Post
    It's creating generations of people that are so hellbent on fondling their little victimhood agendas that you cannot even have a normal combo with them

I'll be a Kool Aid drinking fool at a Jim Jones church service before I will spend my entire being trying to be PC

I do only have one black friend. He's not a token Jolson friend either. He's one of my very best buddies. He's intelligent , loyal, well spoken and I trust him 100%

I had another black friend about two years ago. He was a good acquaintance more than anything. I do admit I sent him on a lot of errands, mine. But it wasn't like u had him leashed.

Suddenly he said since I was an avid Trump supporter that I was an oppressor and White Supreme st

After a few seconds I threw my glass against the wall and said " I may or may not be. I dont owe you sht you libtard idiot. GTFO Buckwheat mfer
    But you made him clean it up first?
    Let's go Brandon !!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (12-18-2022)

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    OLD GUY IN FLORIDA's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,858x in 4,625 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure that went over well.
    Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.”
    Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OLD GUY IN FLORIDA For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (12-18-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD GUY IN FLORIDA View Post
    I'm sure that went over well.
    At least he never came back.

Typical liberal bs. They can call u anything they want , blame u for their faults etc

But...flip the game on them and basically repeat to them what they just said to u and its taken as a challenge to their heavily indoctrinated lib tripe
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing about you--you are very often the funniest person in the room. If you don't write for Saturday Night Live, you should.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (12-19-2022)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,885
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,664x in 28,251 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    One thing about you--you are very often the funniest person in the room. If you don't write for Saturday Night Live, you should.
    Write for SNL? That's an insult.

It's like saying you should play football for the Houston Texans.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (12-19-2022),FindersKeepers (12-18-2022),stjames1_53 (12-19-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    I'm glad you enjoy my attempts to bring a bit of levity to the forum .

As for SNL? I would not be accepted for their pedestrian brand of comedy because I don't suffer from. TDS

Damn them . Damn them to hell
    Last edited by Cotton1; 12-19-2022 at 04:12 AM.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (12-19-2022),FindersKeepers (12-19-2022)

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    blackjack21's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,514x in 1,396 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1
    I'm afraid it's more than just a fad. Today's left liberals believe that their feelings are very important. It is one characteristic that distinguishes them from a prototypical classical liberal that focuses on the englightenment and reason. Emotions are from the limbic system, the middle brain, not the frontal cortex. The focus on feelings is a focus on the more primitive aspects of the human mind, rather than that part of humanity that truly distinguishes us from other species--the frontal cortex. To manipulate people, it's necessary to appeal to emotions. So that tells you a great deal about the motives of the left, and why political correctness is not a fad. At this point, it's practically a pathology. When a narrative disturbs a leftist liberal's feelings, it's taken as a call to action.

I'll give you a lengthy anecdote. I'm a football fan. When the "controversy" came up during the Obama administration about the Washington Redskins' team name being racist, I recall having to give a full discourse on the history of American gridiron football and the NFL when pushing back on this. The left is shockingly ignorant of the history, and this ignorance, for whatever reason, does not bother them.

One of the things that distinguished American gridiron football is the forward pass. That was created by Native Americans. Before the forward pass, American football was more or less rugby with a system of downs. A lot of early football involves Native Americans from reknown places like the Carlisle Indian Industrial School (a progressive attempt to assimilate Native Americans and abandon tribal culture). Native Americans innovated to compete with bigger or faster players, and a lot of penalties were to stop innovations that Native Americans used to compete--holding, chop blocks, clipping, etc. Native Americans came up with a lot of the trick plays, like the flea flicker, statue of liberty, etc. to fake out other players. They also used to do things like put the ball under their jerseys and run down the field--hiding the ball.

Early in the NFL, they had a team comprised entirely of Native Americans, called the Oorang Indians. To promote the games, the players dressed up in Native dress and banged tom toms and did war dances before the game. The alternative was working in a factory for $#@!ty wages. Jim Thorpe, a Native American of the Sauk and Fox tribe, was their head coach and a player. He also had roots at the Carlisle Indian Industrial School, along with Pop Warner.

Before it was renamed the NFL, the first head of the league was Jim Thorpe--a Native American, who was considered the best athlete of his generation. So with this history, you begin to understand why we had football teams with names like the Washington Redskins. The founder of that team was racist, but not against Native Americans. He didn't like blacks. So Barack Obama thought it clever to bring up the Washington Redskins name to drive wedge issues.

That's where we get to this neurological distinction between the frontal cortex and the limbic system. The name Washington Redskins made liberals, and even closet liberals like Mitch McConnnel uncomfortable. They believe they are smart, and morally superior. So they believe that erasing the history of Native Americans in American gridiron football is actually a noble cause.

However, this phenomenon is not entirely new. Standford University's football team used to be called the Stanford Indians. From the 1930s, before the games, they had people dressed up as Native Americans, beat tom toms, and did war dances. They also had a mascot, Prince Lightfoot.

How did this start? Was it white people making fun of Native Americans and denigrating them? No. So who did this? Jim Thorpe and Pop Warner. Names sound familiar? The Stanford Indians name lasted until 1970, when Native American students objected to it back when they had the Red Power Movement in the late 1960s. Obviously, the complaint against the Stanford Indians team name was influenced by leftists who were entirely ignorant of the contributions of Native Americans to American gridiron football. Yet, to leftist liberals, a name like the Stanford Indians and a mascot like Prince Lightfoot gave them queasy feelings in their tummies--from the limbic system (emotional, superstitious, irrational), not the frontal cortex (rational, enlightened). That's how the Stanford Indians became the Stanford Cardinals.

So Barack Obama's minions weren't doing something new when they decided the Washington Redskins name had to go. Irrespective of the history of Native American contributions to American gridiron football, the name Washington Redskins gave them a queasy feeling in their tummies. They could not accept the history, the facts, the legacy, the contributions of Native Americans. Instead, they used Native Americans ignorant of their own history to help erase Native American history in the NFL and American football generally.

They protested another Native American mascot recently in Land O Lakes butter. As conservatives have wryly quipped, "Nothing has changed. They got rid of the Indian and kept the land."

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1
    You shouldn't try to be PC. As demonstrated above, it is culturally destructive--having more in common with the Taliban destroying UNESCO Buddhist sites. They are not morally superior. They are not even using the rational part of their brains. For example, they have destroyed the tradition of insult comedy.

I was watching a few clips of All in the Family on YouTube, and then it started recommending The Jefferson's and Sanford and Son. Classic TV shows. These shows dealt with all sorts of cultural issues, including racism, sexism, interacial relationships, and so forth. They used insult comedy as a big part of the delivery. That's unheard of on television today. It has been silently forbidden, because of that focus on emotions and how some people might be made uncomfortable. Back then, a liberal would say that their ethos was to comfort the afflicted, and afflict the comfortable. Today, any uncomfortable emotion bothers them.

It struck me this morning when I had a few Sanford and Son clips in my YouTube queue. Take a look at these:

That was on national television back in the 1970s, before cable, before fragmentation. Probably 1/3 of the country saw this. Today, it would be utterly forbidden. "I could smash your face in dough and make gorilla cookies!"???? You can't do insult comedy today. It's socially unacceptable because of these primitive people who think they are smart and morally superior.

Now, you have a whole generation who cannot deal with that sort of thing. I've often said Donald Trump reminded me a lot of the insult comic Rodney Dangerfield. Trump is just so damn funny, but he's really sent the lefist liberals into obvious insanity, and they don't see it at all.
    "I get a lot of credit I don't deserve." -- Joe Biden

+ Reply to Thread