I'll be damned, less than 1/3rd of the people believe the media. I think the American people know when they are being bullshited. Or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
Trust in media at all-time low

The media are losing more than money and staff. The support and trust the public puts in journalism are also disappearing.

In the latest sign that the press are on life support, a new survey reports that the public’s trust in media is at an all-time low.

The I&I/TIPP poll said that 61% have no trust in “traditional media,” such as the Washington Post, New York Times, NPR, and CBS News, to report the news fairly.

And, said the poll analysis, the reality could be even worse since the poll found partisanship plays a huge role.

“The ‘trust’ data are mainly elevated by just one group: Democrats,” said the survey of 1,359 adults. “A majority of Democrats (54%) say they trust the Big Media outlets, versus just 42% who say they don’t. That compares with a relatively tiny 15% of Republicans who trust the media, compared to 81% who say they don’t.”

But “alternative media,” including center-right outlets, aren’t in a good place either, a sign that all media are in trouble. Some 67% have little to no trust in those platforms either.

“In short, the media, in a highly competitive commercial market for news and information, have a serious problem: Their customers, and potential customers, no longer have confidence they can do their job,” said the analysis.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...6a900ef9d7b1ab