Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,532x in 1,663 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    Just curious what government restriction would have to happen for you to say? Wow! that is something that I can't live with?

I don't think that anyone can deny that the government overreached during the Covid Pandemic
    They'd have to go confiscate his Cheetos and collection of Playgirls before he'd get uppity.
    “The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.”
    H.L. Mencken

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 2,827
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,063x in 14,362 Posts
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we are further on the scale that most would like to admit. I would say that a lot of Complacency happened under Reagan and Clinton. The economy was amazing, and most were living it up and did not see the growth and seizing of power that was happening in the federal government. I think that we are entering the dependency phase, government has taken over education and has change that to indoctrination, they have attempted full control of the healthcare system, and the welfare/food assistance is continuing to grow. They are not being lax on enforcing the laws so people will cry out for protection. They have been attempting to disarm the population for nearly 3 decades. That is when the citizens will have no choice and will find themselves in bondage. And at that point it will be too late to do anything about it

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zelmo1234 For This Useful Post:

LescoBrandon (12-07-2022),Peter1469 (12-08-2022)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,889
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,652x in 28,242 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Seems pretty accurate. The west is in the middle of the dependency phase. It had a quick flirtation with the bondage phase during COVID. I can't foresee the west moving in the opposite direction, towards liberty. Society has become too decadent, too soft.
    Excellent representation of what is happening.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (12-08-2022)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,569x in 94,410 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    I think we are further on the scale that most would like to admit. I would say that a lot of Complacency happened under Reagan and Clinton. The economy was amazing, and most were living it up and did not see the growth and seizing of power that was happening in the federal government. I think that we are entering the dependency phase, government has taken over education and has change that to indoctrination, they have attempted full control of the healthcare system, and the welfare/food assistance is continuing to grow. They are not being lax on enforcing the laws so people will cry out for protection. They have been attempting to disarm the population for nearly 3 decades. That is when the citizens will have no choice and will find themselves in bondage. And at that point it will be too late to do anything about it
    I remember those interest rates (bank checking account, and the stock market returns) back then. Big money for investors/savers. In 2000 I was in charge of the tax center at Ft. Drum. I saw lots of officers who had gotten wealthy off mutual funds that were making 20%+ per year. Alan Greenspan called it irrational exuberance. It was most likely fraud, and if I recall only a few fund managers got dinged for it (Janus was one). It was mostly ignored because so many middle Americans benefited from it.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,039x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t care. This is what the people voted for. Let them have it. Until it gets really really bad nothing will change.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

+ Reply to Thread