Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
    Okay, for years I have had no problem falling asleep at bedtime. When I say falling asleep, I mean within 2 minutes of closing my eyes. I know this because my wife wakes me at times from a dead sleep and I look at the clock thinking I have been asleep for at least an hour but the clock says two to four minutes have transpired.

As I fall asleep, I almost immediately begin having a dream. It is a very vivid, colorful dream, but sometimes I have auditory hallucinations, for lack of a better term. I am speaking with a faceless person or disembodied voice. At no time has these "dreams" been nightmarish or bad. I also take 10 to 15 minutes naps and the same thing happens then as well. If my naps run over 15 minutes, I feel like crap when I come awake, so I limited these times.

I have looked around the internet but all they really talk about is narcolepsy. I don't have that since I can stay awake all day not requiring or even wanting, at times, a daytime nap.

When this started to occur, I have kept a dream journal. And lately, I have started to train myself in lucid dreaming.

Have you experienced any of this?

I liked the idea of lucid dreaming but I've never had any success.

I tried once to make a dream journal, but when I'd wake up at night, I'd be so tired I wouldn't want to write in it. So, then I got the super bright idea of keeping my little digital recorder by the bed and just recording my dreams when I woke up. One morning, I was excited to see what I'd recorded the night before and I rewound and listened. All I heard was some incoherent mumbling followed by snoring and grunting.

But, some people claim to have success with the practice so you should try it.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (12-29-2022),Just AnotherPerson (12-29-2022),Section31 (12-29-2022)

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,872x in 4,196 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    When I got this recent illness that started happening to me too. I learned about the B1 and started taking unfortified nutritional yeast and within a week the episodes stopped. I have been taking it for months now and sometimes I feel like I need a break from it. I have taken a break a few times and each time I do like clockwork the episodes come back by day 3. There are dangers in taking it though it can affect some people negatively and it can be dangerous to take with BP or diabetes medication. I did see that Dr Berg sells an all natural B1 supplement. I know you said that you take supplements though. You are knowledgeable in that area.
    Those events have been going on for years, though they may only happen a couple times a year. I take supplements for specific things, plus the usual Vitamin C and D.

If B1 helps, then maybe cut back to every other day and see if the events are still under control.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (12-29-2022)

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    Those events have been going on for years, though they may only happen a couple times a year. I take supplements for specific things, plus the usual Vitamin C and D.

If B1 helps, then maybe cut back to every other day and see if the events are still under control.
    Thank goodness those events are rare for you. They are awful. Yes I agree with cutting back to every other day, I have tried that and it didn't work out too well. I take a smaller dose per day and it seems that when I take it with beans it works better. Some nutrients help uptake others. But for now it has curbed those terrible episodes.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (12-29-2022)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,596
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,716x in 16,156 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have had a recurring dream. I dream I'm in Little Rock Arkansas.
    I'm with a female. We happen upon a gruesome wreck. Crews are picking up human body parts and mopping up blood.

At the stop light I put my hand over her breast

Eventually we move on. We are on the other side of town and go to a party. A black gentleman gives me popcorn that is laced with LSD.

I walk to a picture glass window . I look out into the front yard where the party has spilled over to.

Off to the side security is beating the dogfuk out of some rowdy partygoers
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (12-30-2022)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,162
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,265x in 12,388 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Section31 View Post
    Consider starting a dream journal. Record your dream as soon as you wake up. I record it into my IPhone and then type it out on my computer when I get out of bed. It might help your recall in the long run.

Any reoccurring dreams you can remember?
    From my time in the hospital and physical rehab - I had been involved in a very contentious court case when all this happened, and I somehow got the idea in my head that I'd been the target of an assassination attempt, and that I was being held hostage by the mastermind of the plot against me. This was one of those things that continued on from one dream to another, week after week. (I was a patient for two and a half months.) I knew her name, her history, everything about her, even down to what her late husband had done for a living and how she'd played amateur baseball with her three sisters as a teenager. I attempted to contact my family to rescue me, I was physically restrained and tortured by her, and I was involved in other weird, surreal scenarios, thanks to her, that I've never spoken to anyone about. At one point she had an assistant who looked exactly like my oldest son, but he had an Australian accent. Even when I got home it took me awhile to re-learn how to keep memory and dreams firmly separated.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (12-29-2022),Cotton1 (12-29-2022)

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,409
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,217x in 6,440 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fall asleep easily and can sleep through he night but have rarely remembered having a dream.

Your brain doesn’t stop working while sleeping. I often wake up in the morning with a solution to an issue I could not figure out the day before.
    Last edited by Hoosier8; 12-29-2022 at 05:23 PM.
    When Donald Trump said to protest “peacefully”, he meant violence.

When he told protesters to “go home”, he meant stay for an insurrection.

And when he told Brad Raffensperger to implement “whatever the correct legal remedy is”, he meant fraud.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier8 For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (12-29-2022),Section31 (12-29-2022)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,531x in 55,047 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Sleep and dreams I find related to diet and exercise. The better I eat and the more I'm active the better I sleep and dream. I have little trouble falling asleep but do have trouble waking every couple few hours.

I try not to figure dreams out. I have a recurring dream of being in a white house on a hill and down below is a lake or river and boats and docks and to the sides streets I walk to other places. I've never been higher up the hill. Most of the time I'm searching for something I never find. The dreams are populated by people I don't know but who are vaguely familiar.

When I worked I would often solve complex software development problems in my sleep and wake remembering enough to code it up the next days. Cormac McCarthy talks about this in some interviews and it plays a part in his latest book, Stella Maris, how the unconscious works 24/7 and communicates to us in symbols and metaphors. He writes of it also in a nonfiction work, The Kekulé Problem. Kekulé, an organic chemist, "was trying to arrive at the configuration of the benzene molecule and not making much progress when he fell asleep in front of the fire and had his famous dream of a snake coiled in a hoop with its tail in its mouth—the ouroboros of mythology—and woke exclaiming to himself: 'It’s a ring. The molecule is in the form of a ring.'"
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (12-30-2022),Peter1469 (12-30-2022),Section31 (12-29-2022)

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 570
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Section31's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,574x in 3,352 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Do you take diuretics? I ask because many people who are on blood pressure medications are also on diuretics or blood thinners. They say B1 deficiencies are hard to detect it takes a special test. B1 deficiencies can be caused by diuretics, eating sugar or carbs. For example someone I know takes two different bp pills plus a diuretic Hydrochlorothiazide. He also has sleep disturbances. That might not be what it is in your case, but it's worth a thought. Just in case it could be of any help here is a thread I made on the subject. https://thepoliticalforums.com/threa...-B1-deficiency
    No, no diuretics.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Section31 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (12-30-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier8 View Post
    I fall asleep easily and can sleep through he night but have rarely remembered having a dream.

Your brain doesn’t stop working while sleeping. I often wake up in the morning with a solution to an issue I could not figure out the day before.
    Your subconscious works 24/7 and can do millions of functions at once. Dreaming included.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Sleep and dreams I find related to diet and exercise. The better I eat and the more I'm active the better I sleep and dream. I have little trouble falling asleep but do have trouble waking every couple few hours.

I try not to figure dreams out. I have a recurring dream of being in a white house on a hill and down below is a lake or river and boats and docks and to the sides streets I walk to other places. I've never been higher up the hill. Most of the time I'm searching for something I never find. The dreams are populated by people I don't know but who are vaguely familiar.

When I worked I would often solve complex software development problems in my sleep and wake remembering enough to code it up the next days. Cormac McCarthy talks about this in some interviews and it plays a part in his latest book, Stella Maris, how the unconscious works 24/7 and communicates to us in symbols and metaphors. He writes of it also in a nonfiction work, The Kekulé Problem. Kekulé, an organic chemist, "was trying to arrive at the configuration of the benzene molecule and not making much progress when he fell asleep in front of the fire and had his famous dream of a snake coiled in a hoop with its tail in its mouth—the ouroboros of mythology—and woke exclaiming to himself: 'It’s a ring. The molecule is in the form of a ring.'"
    Yep, if you have an unsolvable problem, "sleep on it," as they say. You may get the answer.

+ Reply to Thread