User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Pick up trucks are the new enemy of the left.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,636x in 56,021 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    We are close to the time when all vehicles will have lidar and will avoid hitting anything on their own.
    It’s not often a vehicle hits another vehicle or object on its own. They are usually driven into something.

There are times faulty equipment can cause a traffic incident.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,636x in 25,171 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenpe View Post

Will Florida athletes have to report their menstrual history to play? Here's the latest

The FHSAA asked its sports medicine advisory committee to review annual student athlete evaluation forms after parents raised privacy concerns following the overturning of Roe v. Wade.

Katherine KokalPalm Beach Post

Hear this story
    View Comments

• A state panel voted to recommend Florida student athletes be required to turn in menstrual history to schools when they register to play for the year.
    • The FHSAA's director gave false information regarding the number of states that do the same.
    • He corrected the record and the committee voted to stick with requiring the forms go to schools.
    A panel of the Florida High School Athletics Association stood by its recommendation to require student athletes to turn in information about their menstrual periods to their schools when they register to play each year.
    The group also decided to stick with its recommendation to FHSAA's board of directors to force student athletes to answer questions about their menstrual history when they complete their annual athletics physical.
    The FHSAA's sports medicine advisory committee held a special meeting Tuesday night to clarify false information presented by the executive director at its previous meeting.

I don't know how this doesn't violate their privacy.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Standing Wolf (01-26-2023),stephenpe (01-26-2023)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How does a thread on pick up trucks morph into a thread about a female’s menstrual history?
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (01-26-2023),DGUtley (01-26-2023)

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,257
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    It’s not often a vehicle hits another vehicle or object on its own. They are usually driven into something.

There are times faulty equipment can cause a traffic incident.
    I mean that lidar will prevent drivers from making the mistakes that cause accidents and vehicles on the road will avoid being hit. The lidar will be tied to the on-board computer.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I mean that lidar will prevent drivers from making the mistakes that cause accidents and vehicles on the road will avoid being hit. The lidar will be tied to the on-board computer.
    I think anything which takes a drivers attention away from actually operating the vehicle is compromising safety to some degree.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,162
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,265x in 12,388 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    What other reasonable response to rank hypocrisy and dishonesty is there? Is this your final answer? You sure you want to triple down on dishonesty? I suppose it would be too much to ask for an example, right? Because right after you mentioned Midcan't by name as one who gets picked on, he injected unnecessary politics into a nonpolitical thread about vitamin supplements, and you were nowhere to be found.

Of course I'm just giving you a hard time, I know you only admonish your political adversaries, and your claim that you admonish libs is a complete fabrication.
    As I mentioned in another post, I read only a small fraction of the threads on the forum on any given day. I would not be likely to read one on vitamin supplements because the subject doesn't interest me. I hope you can understand the logistics of my not being able to comment on a post I never read; if not, I'm afraid I can't help you.

You are free to label me a hypocrite all you like, but be advised that you are doing so out of ignorance (and malice, of course) and nothing more. In fact, I probably "admonish" folks like midcan more than I do people like you - simply because whereas they and I may agree on some issue, in my estimation they take it too far, giving the general position we share a bad name, so to speak. In other words, sometimes their words embarrass me and if I don't admonish them, some will assume that I agree with their hyperbole.

As for my "political opponents", who do you believe those would be, exactly? My personal views on political and social issues range from quite liberal to very conservative, as anyone who has shared this forum with me for the past seven+ years and has been paying attention is aware.

Summing up, your characterization of me as a liar and hypocrite comes strictly from a place of ignorance and animosity; anyone who knows me, even to the slight extent that anyone on an Internet discussion forum ever really knows anyone, knows the unfairness of your accusation. No one's reputation is thereby negatively affected but your own.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (01-26-2023)

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 835
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Booman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 31,227x in 18,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they banned pick-ups how would they cart around all their grievances?

RIP Uncle Bosey
    A great first officer but an even better second course.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,542x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    One day this summer, I was driving my wife’s Mercedes convertible on a Sunday morning. I had gone out to get bagels and coffee for the both of us. As I was returning, a car coming at us, made a slight turn into our lane. It did not come into our lane. It just kind of made a movement into our lane. That car of hers locked it up. I had poured the coffee into one of those insulated cups. Otherwise I would’ve had a mess all over her car. It really shocked me as to how old strongly the car reacted. I have a Lexus, and a Toyota Tacoma that also have that feature, but they are not as sensitive, nor as strong as her Mercedes.
    Is there anyway to turn that off? I am not buying a car with that crap in it.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,636x in 25,171 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I don't think so. The bagels went flying... my cell phone had been on the front seat - it went flying. If the coffee hadn't been put into an insulated cup, I'd still be hearing about it. Damn Germans....
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (01-27-2023)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post

Yes, there is a way, but I personally don't know how. My son disables those things on his cars. There are apps that can be downloaded which interact with the computers on the cars. It's beyond me, though.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (01-27-2023)

+ Reply to Thread