User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick up trucks are the new enemy of the left.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,660
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Hoosier8's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,164x in 6,407 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenpe View Post
    At least they want to leave our reproductive system alone. Ronnie DeSanitize wants his HSAA to get menstrual cycle information from the girls that participate in HS sports in Fla. I guess I have get rid of my 97 F150 since im a leftist. I sure like this truck. Even more than my 97 Mazda
    No one is messing with anyones reproductive system. How absurd. Just because you wish to be irresponsible and later kill a person has nothing to do with that or the lefts claim that boys are girls. The loony left is, well, completely loony.
    When Donald Trump said to protest “peacefully”, he meant violence.

When he told protesters to “go home”, he meant stay for an insurrection.

And when he told Brad Raffensperger to implement “whatever the correct legal remedy is”, he meant fraud.

War is peace.

Freedom is slavery.

Ignorance is strength.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoosier8 For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (01-24-2023),stjames1_53 (01-24-2023),Tahuyaman (01-24-2023)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,800x in 4,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    The article was not political, nor are the studies whose findings it detailed. I have to wonder why every time someone points out a potentially dangerous situation now - even when the facts are indisputable, and when no attempt by anyone to "control" or ban anything has even been suggested - certain individuals are triggered into a "the Left wants to take away my freedom" rant. Are studies that show the medical dangers of playing professional football politically motivated, as some have suggested? This Straw Man mentality of attributing ulterior motives to anyone who points out anything certain people don't want to hear has reached ridiculous levels. Advocates for vegetarianism who outline the health benefits of the practice are regularly accused of being leftist stooges. I just read a couple of posts in the thread about the Chinese scientists who believe the Earth's core is undergoing some cyclic change that expressed skepticism based solely on an imagined link - made by no one - with human activity. Does absolutely everything in the world have to be linked to or influenced by political considerations? Can't we simply evaluate facts on the basis of whether or not they appear to be true, without subjecting them to a test for, for want of a better term, political correctness?
    How many things, when brought up in studies, ends up being the battle cry of one group or another, unfortunately more often the liberals?

While I haven't looked into this study, much is treated with sarcasm because there IS a constant barrage that things must be regulated, controlled, taxed, restricted or permitted to get compliance to a limited group's POV.

I drive a pick up on occasion, when I need to. I drive a diesel SUV most of the time, because of the length of my commute and need for comfort for physical issues. I also drive a small SUV when it's sloppy out, or I have a need to haul things that require protection from the elements.

Since none of these vehicles fall into the 'car' category, they are now considered 'more dangerous' for pedestrians, based on this study.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (01-24-2023)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,047
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,267x in 20,296 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least they want to leave our reproductive system alone. Ronnie DeSanitize wants his HSAA to get menstrual cycle information from the girls that participate in HS sports in Fla. I guess I have get rid of my 97 F150 since im a leftist. I sure like this truck. Even more than my 97 Mazda
    jeebus...............so far off topic, you just couldn't help get a dig in about $#@!ing abortions.
    God, you are so sad.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    OLD GUY IN FLORIDA's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,857x in 4,625 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    The article was not political, nor are the studies whose findings it detailed. I have to wonder why every time someone points out a potentially dangerous situation now - even when the facts are indisputable, and when no attempt by anyone to "control" or ban anything has even been suggested - certain individuals are triggered into a "the Left wants to take away my freedom" rant. Are studies that show the medical dangers of playing professional football politically motivated, as some have suggested? This Straw Man mentality of attributing ulterior motives to anyone who points out anything certain people don't want to hear has reached ridiculous levels. Advocates for vegetarianism who outline the health benefits of the practice are regularly accused of being leftist stooges. I just read a couple of posts in the thread about the Chinese scientists who believe the Earth's core is undergoing some cyclic change that expressed skepticism based solely on an imagined link - made by no one - with human activity. Does absolutely everything in the world have to be linked to or influenced by political considerations? Can't we simply evaluate facts on the basis of whether or not they appear to be true, without subjecting them to a test for, for want of a better term, political correctness?
    Of course its political. The instant the narrative is "this must be banned" it becomes political because only government can effectively ban something.
    Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.”
    Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OLD GUY IN FLORIDA For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (01-25-2023),stjames1_53 (01-24-2023)

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 408
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    OLD GUY IN FLORIDA's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,857x in 4,625 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't be a total dunce.
    Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.”
    Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OLD GUY IN FLORIDA For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (01-24-2023)

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 1,047
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,267x in 20,296 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD GUY IN FLORIDA View Post
    Don't be a total dunce.
    I know I'm begging for it, but my RED Jeep Grand Cherokee has been sold to another and I replaced it with a BLACK one.
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,523x in 4,633 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew there was a reason I liked pickup trucks.
    "Look into my eyes - I guarantee you - I guarantee you we are going to end fossil fuels" - Joe Biden

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Omar For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (01-24-2023)

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    LWW's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,597x in 1,881 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    I know I'm begging for it, but my RED Jeep Grand Cherokee has been sold to another and I replaced it with a BLACK one.
    A running native joke is the JEEP ELIZABETH WARREN EDITION.

It says it’s a CHEROKEE even though it’s solid white.
    "Buy a man eat fish, the day, teach a man to a life time! "
    "As one computer said, if
    you're on the train and they say 'PORTAL BRIDGE' you know you better make other plans."
    - Joseph Robinette Biden -

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LWW For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (01-24-2023),Thfan132 (01-26-2023)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,885
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,664x in 28,251 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 97 Ford? Those were still the rust out years. Can you see the road below your feet?

But as far as you DeSantis comment it is a a panel dealing with sports in FL not the Governor recommending it be looked at nationally.
    Despite your feeling the Average Americans do not want boys playing girl's sport.

Gallup Poll says
    62 percent said they felt transgender people should have to compete on teams with athletes of their “birth gender.”
    Last edited by carolina73; 01-24-2023 at 05:42 PM.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (01-24-2023)

+ Reply to Thread