Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,464x in 13,153 Posts
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VP Pence has Classified Documents Reports CNN

First on CNN: Classified documents found at Pence’s Indiana home

Washington CNN — A lawyer for former Vice President Mike Pence discovered about a dozen documents marked as classified at Pence’s Indiana home last week, and he has turned those classified records over to the FBI, multiple sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

The FBI and the Justice Department’s National Security Division have launched a review of the documents and how they ended up in Pence’s house in Indiana.

The classified documents were discovered at Pence’s new home in Carmel, Indiana, by a lawyer for Pence in the wake of the revelations about classified material discovered in President Joe Biden’s private office and residence, the sources said. The discovery comes after Pence has repeatedly said he did not have any classified documents in his possession.

It is not yet clear what the documents are related to or their level of sensitivity or classification.

Pence’s team notified congressional leaders and relevant committees of the discovery on Tuesday.

Pence asked his lawyer to conduct the search of his home out of an abundance of caution, and the attorney began going through four boxes stored at Pence’s house last week, finding a small number of documents with classified markings, the sources said.

Pence’s lawyer immediately alerted the National Archives, the sources said. In turn, the Archives informed the Justice Department.

A lawyer for Pence told CNN that the FBI requested to pick up the documents with classified markings that evening, and Pence agreed. Agents from the FBI’s field office in Indianapolis picked up the documents from Pence’s home, the lawyer said.

On Monday, Pence’s legal team drove the boxes back to Washington, DC, and handed them over to the Archives to review the rest of the material for compliance with the Presidential Records Act.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/24/polit...fbi/index.html

Last edited by RMNIXON; 01-24-2023 at 02:21 PM.
    Your Trump Derangement Syndrome is NOT my problem!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (01-24-2023),donttread (01-25-2023)

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 381
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Carl Young's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,938x in 1,415 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    First on CNN: Classified documents found at Pence’s Indiana home

Washington CNN — A lawyer for former Vice President Mike Pence discovered about a dozen documents marked as classified at Pence’s Indiana home last week, and he has turned those classified records over to the FBI, multiple sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

The FBI and the Justice Department’s National Security Division have launched a review of the documents and how they ended up in Pence’s house in Indiana.

The classified documents were discovered at Pence’s new home in Carmel, Indiana, by a lawyer for Pence in the wake of the revelations about classified material discovered in President Joe Biden’s private office and residence, the sources said. The discovery comes after Pence has repeatedly said he did not have any classified documents in his possession.

It is not yet clear what the documents are related to or their level of sensitivity or classification.

Pence’s team notified congressional leaders and relevant committees of the discovery on Tuesday.

Pence asked his lawyer to conduct the search of his home out of an abundance of caution, and the attorney began going through four boxes stored at Pence’s house last week, finding a small number of documents with classified markings, the sources said.

Pence’s lawyer immediately alerted the National Archives, the sources said. In turn, the Archives informed the Justice Department.

A lawyer for Pence told CNN that the FBI requested to pick up the documents with classified markings that evening, and Pence agreed. Agents from the FBI’s field office in Indianapolis picked up the documents from Pence’s home, the lawyer said.

On Monday, Pence’s legal team drove the boxes back to Washington, DC, and handed them over to the Archives to review the rest of the material for compliance with the Presidential Records Act.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/24/polit...fbi/index.html

A lot of that going on. You think some of this may have been planted?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Carl Young For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (01-24-2023)

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,008
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious to see if the left media will handle Pence as presumed innocent of any wrongdoing as much as they condemned Trump and let Joe Biden off the hook?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (01-24-2023),Red Lily (01-24-2023)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Young View Post
    A lot of that going on. You think some of this may have been planted?
    I am more likely to conclude we have had a very poor accounting of classified documents when an Administration leaves office. Although I would point out that as far as I know President Trump was the only one with absolute declassification authority to begin with.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Carl Young (01-24-2023),carolina73 (01-24-2023),Red Lily (01-24-2023),Thom Paine (01-24-2023)

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,800
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 23,100x in 13,808 Posts
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so over all this document drama.

It tells me that the vast majority of all the documents with a classified stamp probably shouldn't have one. I sincerely doubt any of them contain super-secrets that could damage the security of our nation. More likely, they were classified because they dealt with something that shouldn't necessarily be public knowledge, such as personal information about specific workers or the like. Or, potential acquisitions--you know--the type of stuff elected officials are allowed to discuss in closed sessions.

But, probably not the nuclear codes to start WWIII.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

blackjack21 (01-24-2023),Captdon (01-24-2023),carolina73 (01-24-2023),Collateral Damage (01-25-2023),Now_What (01-25-2023),Omar (01-24-2023),Peter1469 (01-25-2023)

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 708
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,208x in 3,187 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never knew lawyers offered services to search your home for classified documents, but apparently it's all the rage.
    "Look into my eyes - I guarantee you - I guarantee you we are going to end fossil fuels" - Joe Biden

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Omar For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (01-24-2023)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,885
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,378x in 10,317 Posts
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    I am curious to see if the left media will handle Pence as presumed innocent of any wrongdoing as much as they condemned Trump and let Joe Biden off the hook?
    He has sufficiently chided Trump about Jan 6th, even in a book he wrote, so he should be good.
    God Bless America

14. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (01-24-2023)

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,343
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 33,629x in 21,621 Posts
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post

It tells me that the vast majority of all the documents with a classified stamp probably shouldn't have one. I sincerely doubt any of them contain super-secrets that could damage the security of our nation. More likely, they were classified because they dealt with something that shouldn't necessarily be public knowledge, such as personal information about specific workers or the like. Or, potential acquisitions--you know--the type of stuff elected officials are allowed to discuss in closed sessions.

Whenever they decide to release them and we get to see them, then I think we are all wondering why they were ever classified to begin with.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (01-25-2023)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post

I tried to inform a certain person in the forum that those cover sheets are meant as a Warning to government employees who might come across Classified information on the job they are not entitled to read, not props for FBI raid photos.

So No, it does not mean the world is coming to and end. In fact the older the material the more likely it has lost any real classified significance. I would also add the the President or VP would not be briefed on technical details and nuclear launch codes are constantly changed so that point is not valid in this instance.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (01-25-2023),FindersKeepers (01-25-2023)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 71,198x in 49,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    1947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Something definitely lacking in accountability in our government.
    To be conservative, then, is to prefer the familiar to the unknown, to prefer the tried to the untried, fact to mystery, the actual to the possible, the limited to the unbounded, the near to the distant, the sufficient to the superabundant, the convenient to the perfect, present laughter to utopian bliss. ― Michael Joseph Oakeshott, Rationalism in Politics and Other Essays

+ Reply to Thread