Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turning wifi routers into camera's

One great reason to not have wifi in your home. I ditched my wifi years ago. I have a hard wired router without wifi, and no cell phone. A news story released last week says that scientists have found a way to turn your wifi routers into camera’s seeing through your walls. The researchers say it will be a benefit to your privacy, even though it is tool developed to remove your privacy.

This technology is not new. Similar technologies have been being used for years. In 2022 Israel started using radar to see through walls. In 2018 MIT developed a technology to see through walls using Rf waves that reflect off bodies for the purpose of monitoring and tracking. NIST is using microwaves, they can see objects behind walls even if they are traveling at supersonic speeds. Back in 2018 at the University of California, Santa Barbara they had already found a way to use ambient wifi signals from a basic smart phone to see through walls. As far back as 2012 law enforcement was already using this technology with radar devices. The US supreme court said this raised privacy issues since this type of technology is only legal through a warrant.

“The judges expressed alarm that agents had used the new technology without a search warrant, warning that "the government's warrantless use of such a powerful tool to search inside homes poses grave Fourth Amendment questions.".”

Once again a technology designed to fight wars and terrorism being used on us.

“The radars were first designed for use in Iraq and Afghanistan. They represent the latest example of battlefield technology finding its way home to civilian policing and bringing complex legal questions with it”.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (01-25-2023)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,529x in 94,390 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “The judges expressed alarm that agents had used the new technology without a search warrant, warning that "the government's warrantless use of such a powerful tool to search inside homes poses grave Fourth Amendment questions.".”

“The radars were first designed for use in Iraq and Afghanistan. They represent the latest example of battlefield technology finding its way home to civilian policing and bringing complex legal questions with it”.
    That is a big problem. We especially see it with the FBI which essentially became an intelligence agency after 9/11. The tools they created to target possible Jihadists inside the US were turned against "white supremists" and MAGA- see the 1/6 false flag.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (01-25-2023)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    One great reason to not have wifi in your home. I ditched my wifi years ago. I have a hard wired router without wifi, and no cell phone. A news story released last week says that scientists have found a way to turn your wifi routers into camera’s seeing through your walls. The researchers say it will be a benefit to your privacy, even though it is tool developed to remove your privacy.

This technology is not new. Similar technologies have been being used for years. In 2022 Israel started using radar to see through walls. In 2018 MIT developed a technology to see through walls using Rf waves that reflect off bodies for the purpose of monitoring and tracking. NIST is using microwaves, they can see objects behind walls even if they are traveling at supersonic speeds. Back in 2018 at the University of California, Santa Barbara they had already found a way to use ambient wifi signals from a basic smart phone to see through walls. As far back as 2012 law enforcement was already using this technology with radar devices. The US supreme court said this raised privacy issues since this type of technology is only legal through a warrant.

We really have no privacy anymore. Privacy is a thing of the past.

I think you might like Australian Senator, Alec Antic. He's been doing a lot of warning against invasive digital technology--he feels it will be used at some point to control the masses. I think he's probably right, at least it will be attempted--because when the technology exists, someone will exploit it.

""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,554x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    We really have no privacy anymore. Privacy is a thing of the past.

I think you might like Australian Senator, Alec Antic. He's been doing a lot of warning against invasive digital technology--he feels it will be used at some point to control the masses. I think he's probably right, at least it will be attempted--because when the technology exists, someone will exploit it.

Thank you for the share. It's good to see an Australian Senator speaking up, they have it bad over there. They are under hardcore surveillance almost on par with China. Personally I think tech is already being used to control the masses. I know they can level it up but they have been using it for a long time. Hopefully enough people speak up and stand against this that one day we go in a better direction. It's one thing to have law and another thing to use law to exploit our liberties. We can still have law an order and preserve our liberties. Accepting this abuse of tech as inevitable will be our undoing.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (01-25-2023)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    Thank you for the share. It's good to see an Australian Senator speaking up, they have it bad over there. They are under hardcore surveillance almost on par with China. Personally I think tech is already being used to control the masses. I know they can level it up but they have been using it for a long time. Hopefully enough people speak up and stand against this that one day we go in a better direction. It's one thing to have law and another thing to use law to exploit our liberties. We can still have law an order and preserve our liberties. Accepting this abuse of tech as inevitable will be our undoing.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Throughout the history of the world, one thing stands out from virtually all generations--corrupt leaders. I'm sure good leaders exist but there's something about being in a position of control over others that lures the bad ones. Every time something bad happens, those leaders use it as an excuse to increase control. Our Founders were amazing men who'd come through a unique time in which they learned the evils of extreme control, and they tried to establish a nation with protections and rights.

Just look at the recent WEForum. It's all about controlling the masses. For the ultimate benefit of the planet, of course.

When leaders bent on power and control have these technologies at their fingertips, they're going to use them (via law enforcement or--hopefully not--the military). And, they will justify it as being for our own good.

In the US, we're in both the worst and the best positions we could be in. We're highly advanced, technologically speaking, so the risk of abuse is real. But, we also have established rights and courts that can stop the abuse. If they will.

If they will. And, that's the kicker...
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread