Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,250x in 27,871 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    Okay, show me where the Constitution says that. It says the states verify the vote.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot
    for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President,

Where is the power to do more than count the votes?

On January 6 of each year following a presidential election, Congress convenes a joint session to count electoral votes and confirm the result of the presidential election. Congress has the discretion to move the date of the session by law, as it did in 2013 when the joint session was held on January 4. In these sessions, according to the Electoral Count Act of 1887, members of Congress may object to statewide election results or specific electoral votes in a particular state or the District of Columbia. Specifically, during the session one member of the U.S. House and one member of the U.S. Senate must submit a written objection after the body reads the vote count from a particular state or D.C.
    Once a House member and Senator submit an objection, the two chambers of Congress separate to debate for two hours and to vote on whether to continue counting the votes in light of the objection. Both chambers must vote by a simple majority to concur with the objection for it to stand, otherwise the objection fails.
    If both chambers of Congress affirm the objection and the objection results in no one candidate receiving the necessary 270-vote Electoral College majority, the 12th Amendment dictates a congressional process for selecting a president and vice president. The House of Representatives votes to elect the new president. As a bloc, members of the House cast one vote per state, choosing between the three candidates who received the most Electoral College votes. The Senate votes to elect the Vice President, casting one vote per senator.[1]

For a great advocate for the Constitution you either read it wrong or read it to suit yourself.
    The electoral count act established the process. The VP was there to insure legitimate elections. He had all the power he needed to return the questionable votes to their state legislatures. The votes still would have been counted once the State legislatures verified their legitimacy.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

The Sage of Main Street (01-30-2023)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,885
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,664x in 28,251 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    I doubt MTG is really in the running to be Trump’s pick for VP. Her base is pretty narrow. The full blown cultists, QAnon types and conspiracy theorists, don’t have wide appeal amongst most conservatives. At least I hope not.

As much as Trump loves to pander to his looney base, he’s not dumb enough to pull a Sarah Palin
    The only issue with Sara Palin was that they picked her too early. Nothing else.
    They wanted her popularity and it strongly boosted McCain's numbers. Without her McCain was going to be a blow out loss.

MTG has a problem with her past that she has to lose.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 746
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Mini Me's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,646x in 1,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep! A real problem!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mini Me For This Useful Post:

donttread (01-28-2023)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,989x in 55,611 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common Sense View Post
    I doubt MTG is really in the running to be Trump’s pick for VP. Her base is pretty narrow. The full blown cultists, QAnon types and conspiracy theorists, don’t have wide appeal amongst most conservatives. At least I hope not.

As much as Trump loves to pander to his looney base, he’s not dumb enough to pull a Sarah Palin
    You’re just trying to troll now.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,523x in 4,633 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    But nothing on what his job as President would be? A Conservative President would be closing the department of education, not deciding what they teach.
    I like a lot of Trump's ideas, and the way he thinks outside the box. But that doesn't do much good if he can't get back into the White House, or if he creates such a backlash that all his ideas are reversed by the following administration. Also, he recently had four years, why didn't he do that then?
    "Look into my eyes - I guarantee you - I guarantee you we are going to end fossil fuels" - Joe Biden

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Omar For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    The electoral count act established the process. The VP was there to insure legitimate elections. He had all the power he needed to return the questionable votes to their state legislatures. The votes still would have been counted once the State legislatures verified their legitimacy.
    All the states verified the legitimacy. Not one state made any claim otherwise.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,250x in 27,871 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    All the states verified the legitimacy. Not one state made any claim otherwise.
    Nevertheless six states were in question and would have been challenged.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 178
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    The Sage of Main Street's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,249x in 1,927 Posts
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    I like a lot of Trump's ideas, and the way he thinks outside the box. But that doesn't do much good if he can't get back into the White House, or if he creates such a backlash that all his ideas are reversed by the following administration. Also, he recently had four years, why didn't he do that then?
    Red on the Outside, RINO on the Inside

Trump was sabotaged by the "good people" he hired. DeSantis seems too much like Sessions, Tillerson, and the others.

Gorbachev was also sabotaged by fake reformers. The Soviet Union failed; this union is wobbling because of the fatcat dead-weight on top.
    On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders

We won't live free until the Democrats, and their voters, live in fear.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sage of Main Street For This Useful Post:

Mini Me (01-31-2023)

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,523x in 4,633 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sage of Main Street View Post
    Trump was sabotaged by the "good people" he hired.
    That means he either used poor judgement in hiring them, or that his reportedly repulsive in-person personality turned them against him.
    "Look into my eyes - I guarantee you - I guarantee you we are going to end fossil fuels" - Joe Biden

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,885
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,664x in 28,251 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    But that backlash is at the hands of the people we wanted defeated.

None of it was legitimate backlash. It was all MSM and left wing propaganda.

Certainly we can think of things he should not have said but they were nothings in the grand scheme.

There was no Russia. There was no Russian Bank. Michael Cohen fell flat on his face and into a jail cell. The phone call was simple negotiations that the Democrats interfered with so they could get their kickbacks.

The problem is that they wore weaker people down and turned them against a President that was doing everything they wanted him to do.

In hindsight we should have been literally beating the hell out of MSM personalities every where they went and using the Democrats tactics against them. Republicans wanted to look good and turn the other cheek and they got kicked in the ass.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Carl Young (02-01-2023),MisterVeritis (01-30-2023),Red Lily (02-01-2023),The Sage of Main Street (01-31-2023)

+ Reply to Thread