User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TWO Air Force vets have testified to Pentagon's UFO office about seeing mysterious ob

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 93.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,517x in 94,378 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    A ‘natural wormhole’ would also require infinite energy to exist.

If we have b en visited, it almost certainly be by alien machines and not alien biology.
    Infante? Einstein and Rosen's theory of wormholes didn't require that. Rather what is call an exotic energy. Other have since theorized that black holes are wormholes.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 201
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    LWW's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,589x in 1,879 Posts
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Infante? Einstein and Rosen's theory of wormholes didn't require that. Rather what is call an exotic energy. Other have since theorized that black holes are wormholes.
    For example, it has been estimated that to create a wormhole with a diameter one millionth the size of a proton, wormhole engineers would need negative energy equivalent in magnitude to the energy generated by ten billion suns in one year.”

https://www.chandra.si.edu/resources...%20one%20year.

Infinite might not have been the correct phrase … let’s try an impossible amount of energy.
    "Buy a man eat fish, the day, teach a man to a life time! "
    "As one computer said, if
    you're on the train and they say 'PORTAL BRIDGE' you know you better make other plans."
    - Joseph Robinette Biden -

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For example, it has been estimated that to create a wormhole with a diameter one millionth the size of a proton, wormhole engineers would need negative energy equivalent in magnitude to the energy generated by ten billion suns in one year.”

https://www.chandra.si.edu/resources...s in one year.

Infinite might not have been the correct phrase … let’s try an impossible amount of energy.
    Yet.

And there are the theoretical workarounds mentioned above.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet.

And there are the theoretical workarounds mentioned above.
    I think you meant hypothetical workarounds.

That being said:

- There is no evidence of wormholes actually existing.
    - There is no evidence of negative energy actually existing.
    - As the SOL is approached, time to the observer slows down.
    - At the SOL time would stop, preventing backwards travel through time.
    - Light has no mass and does not experience time because of this.
    - There is no evidence that the past actually still exists.
    - There is no evidence that the future already exists.
    - For the past and future to exist alongside the the present requires an acceptance of the block universe, or 'eternalism,' hypothesis. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eterna...sophy_of_time)

Einstein is oft misunderstood on this.

His claim was that IF one could attain C, time would cease for the observer.

If some agent acted to slow the observer back to sub C speed, they would have effectively travelled into the future.

The bug in that is that the one applying the brakes would have to either also be traveling at C ... which would stop their time and eliminate their ability to interact with the traveller.

The only other way around the dilemma would be is that the one applying the brakes exists outside of time, space, matter and energy.

Einstein is also commonly and falsely, believed to have been am atheist.

The reality is that he did not believe in a "personal" god that granted wished something like Santa Claus.

To quote Albert the Great:

"I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal god is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being."

"I am not an Atheist. In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views."

"
    "The fanatical atheists...are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures who—in their grudge against the traditional 'opium of the people'—cannot hear the music of the spheres."

"Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for the actions of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a supernatural being. However, it must be admitted that our actual knowledge of these laws is only imperfect and fragmentary, so that, actually, the belief in the existence of basic all-embracing laws in nature also rests on a sort of faith. All the same this faith has been largely justified so far by the success of scientific research. But, on the other hand, everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the universe—a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble. In this way the pursuit of science leads to a religious feeling of a special sort, which is indeed quite different from the religiosity of someone more naive.”

"The most beautiful emotion we can experience is the mystical. It is the power of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead. To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling, is at the center of true religiousness. In this sense, and in this sense only, I belong to the rank of devoutly religious men."

"God is a mystery. But a comprehensible mystery. I have nothing but awe when I observe the laws of nature. There are not laws without a lawgiver, but how does this lawgiver look? Certainly not like a man magnified."

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

you're on the train and they say 'PORTAL BRIDGE' you know you better make other plans."

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 879
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The distance problem is a non-issue if these visitors are from another dimension. Another interesting idea is that they may be time travelers from the far distant future, and those little "grays" with the big eyes and bald heads are what we evolve into.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (05-19-2023)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    The distance problem is a non-issue if these visitors are from another dimension. Another interesting idea is that they may be time travelers from the far distant future, and those little "grays" with the big eyes and bald heads are what we evolve into.
    So you believe the past still exists.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Other dimensions is a third theory on aliens. I think we have covered the big three in this thread now.

Back to the first theory- aliens. Distance also may not be an issue if any visitors to earth are using either generation ships or drone ships. (Although I do no discount the various types of FTL and wormhole type travel.)
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other dimensions is a third theory on aliens. I think we have covered the big three in this thread now.

Back to the first theory- aliens. Distance also may not be an issue if any visitors to earth are using either generation ships or drone ships. (Although I do no discount the various types of FTL and wormhole type travel.)
    Generational ships would be possible, but drones still seem far more likely.
    I can't imagine any civilization where sending living biological entities would be economically feasible.

FTL is good scifi, but that's it.

Anything with mass in a rest state would require infinite energy to reach C.

Anything without mass can only move at C, as any energy at all would accelerate it to C in near instantaneous, if not instantaneous, time frames.

Analogies to when man couldn't fly fall apart when one considers that before manned flight, humans knew that biological flight was possible as nature provided many examples to study and learn from.

Nature has provided an example of things that can travel at C, and the roadblocks preventing us from so doing.
    Last edited by LWW; 05-19-2023 at 04:54 AM.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generational ships would be possible, but drones still seem far more likely.
    I can't imagine any civilization where sending living biological entities would be economically feasible.

FTL is good scifi, but that's it.

Anything with mass in a rest state would require infinite energy to reach C.

Anything without mass can only move at C, as any energy at all would accelerate it to C in near instantaneous, if not instantaneous, time frames.

Analogies to when man couldn't fly fall apart when one considers that before manned flight, humans knew that biological flight was possible as nature provided many examples to study and learn from.

Nature has provided an example of things that can travel at C, and the roadblocks preventing us from so doing.
    FTL with our current scientific knowledge is out.

Heart transplants with current scientific/medical knowledge in 1900 were also out.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FTL with our current scientific knowledge is out.

Heart transplants with current scientific/medical knowledge in 1900 were also out.
    True, but we did have knowledge of human organs and some knowledge of how they worked going back to ancient Egypt and India, so it was more an issue of filling in the knowledge blanks.

Currently we have zero examples of anything traveling faster than C to study.

I'm not trying to bust your chops, certainly, but I do enjoy discussions on physics and the sciences.

Me, I simply cannot fathom how C can be reached ... by things with mass ... no matter the technology achieved ... and so far we have only discussed the tier one obstacles.

A single 10 milligram grain of sand striking Earth's atmosphere at 99.9% of C would take out a major city. A bowling ball, under the same conditions, would take out Rhode Island. The Great Pyramid would be an extinction level event. A small planetoid would vaporize the planet.

At C time is no longer experienced, hence the energy of every minute collision in interstellar space would release its energy at once when the brakes were hit.

Last edited by LWW; 05-22-2023 at 07:40 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LWW For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (05-22-2023)

+ Reply to Thread