Quote Originally Posted by LWW View Post
True, but we did have knowledge of human organs and some knowledge of how they worked going back to ancient Egypt and India, so it was more an issue of filling in the knowledge blanks.

Currently we have zero examples of anything traveling faster than C to study.

I'm not trying to bust your chops, certainly, but I do enjoy discussions on physics and the sciences.

Me, I simply cannot fathom how C can be reached no matter the technology achieved ... and so far we have only discussed the tier one obstacles.

A single 10 milligram grain of sand striking Earth's atmosphere at 99.9% of C would take out a major city. A bowling ball, under the same conditions, would take out Rhode Island. The Great Pyramid would be an extinction level event. A small planetoid would vaporize the planet.

At C time is no longer experienced, hence the energy of every minute collision in interstellar space would release its energy at once when the brakes were hit.

I think it more likely we find natural wormholes stable enough to use than developing a technology to actually travel faster than light. At some point we will find a way to make one.