Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,074x in 14,369 Posts
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    It seems whenever I hear talk of a negotiated settlement the US sends Ukraine more Billions. So why should they not keep the war going and who cares about more lives lost?
    #1 Stop Russian Expansion
    #2 Restore 20% of the worlds Grain production
    #3 Restore Neon Gas production for the manufacture of micro processing chips
    #4 Restore lithium production for out coveted electric vehicles

Just a thought

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD GUY IN FLORIDA View Post
    They aren't dying for nothing, they are dying for their homeland.
    Actually, they're dying in defense of their corrupt government's illegitimate territorial claims over the Donbass, which effectively seceded in 2014 after Ukraine's democratically elected president was overthrown in a US-backed coup.

But that doesn't sound as a good as dying for one's "homeland".

Now, not unlike Vietnam, if we sent American troops to Ukraine our men and women would be dying for nothing.
    You can't have it both ways. You can't promote the narrative that Putin is Hitler 2.0 and stop short of total war with Russia. It's a package deal. Either Putin is the new Hitler, in which case only total war can stop him, or he's a rational actor, which means we can negotiate with him. Pick one.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-12-2023)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    I think that is a great Idea, if I was young enough, I likely would be making some major Cash working in Theatre, I don't like the rules that the US politicians put on our military, I know and respect that you understand this. And it is my belief that standing up to him now will save lives in the end.

I asked in another thread, why you don't think he will seek future expansion? I don't believe you to be an undedicated person and would like to hear your thoughts.
    If Putin was really interested in expansion and conquest, he would have leveled Kiev on day 1 of the war. And he wouldn't have waited eight years to invade mainland Ukraine. He wouldn't have refused to recognize the independence of Donetsk and Luhansk during that time. He wouldn't have entered into the Minsk accords. He would have just invaded in 2014 with the full might of the Russian military and annihilated all opposition.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 2,783
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Actually, they're dying in defense of their corrupt government's illegitimate territorial claims over the Donbass, which effectively seceded in 2014 after Ukraine's democratically elected president was overthrown in a US-backed coup.

You can't have it both ways. You can't promote the narrative that Putin is Hitler 2.0 and stop short of total war with Russia. It's a package deal. Either Putin is the new Hitler, in which case only total war can stop him, or he's a rational actor, which means we can negotiate with him. Pick one.
    The second part of this quote is not mine.

I will say that Putin must be stopped, that is my belief, it might be possible to stop him with out committing the US Military, if we can I am OK with that, if that is what it takes to stop him then I believe we should in fact make that commitment.

You and I were Talking about Reagan, he took nothing off the table, and I don't think that we should either.

Please be more carful and don't make others words look like mine.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The second part of this quote is not mine.
    Neither of those quotes are yours.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 2,783
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Putin was really interested in expansion and conquest, he would have leveled Kiev on day 1 of the war. And he wouldn't have waited eight years to invade mainland Ukraine. He wouldn't have refused to recognize the independence of Donetsk and Luhansk during that time. He wouldn't have entered into the Minsk accords. He would have just invaded in 2014 with the full might of the Russian military and annihilated all opposition.
    I hope that you are right be with the leaked memos of the expansion into Belarus I don't think he is done. and you might wait 8 years because you need a weak President of the USA to get away with it.

Obama was a lot of thinks but he did not mind welding the US Military and Trump was unpredictable

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope that you are right be with the leaked memos of the expansion into Belarus I don't think he is done. and you might wait 8 years because you need a weak President of the USA to get away with it.

Obama was a lot of thinks but he did not mind welding the US Military and Trump was unpredictable
    Except Putin took Crimea while Obama was president. Clearly, then, he wasn't overly worried with how Obama would respond.

And waiting for a "weak" president only ensured that Kiev would grow stronger in the meantime, making any attempt at an invasion that much harder.

The perfect time for Putin to take Ukraine, if that's what he really wanted to do, was in 2014 when the country was destabilized by the coup. He simply didn't want to do it.

It's the same reason why Kiev hasn't been reduced to a smoldering pile of rubble. What kind of "conquest" is it when the would-be "conqueror" allows the enemy capitol to remain standing, even though they could easily destroy it?
    --John Adams

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best way to end the war is to draft all the pro-Kiev loudmouths and send them to the front lines. Once they realize that their own life will be in danger, they will immediately sue for peace. But as long as these losers and cowards think they can support the war without having to make any personal sacrifices, they will just keep sending more Ukrainian teenagers and young men to die for nothing.
    You're an ass. Supplying the means for Urania to fight is not any American sacrifice. Ukraine has fought the invasion before we helped. You use that "go there and fight" because you don't have anything else.No one has called for American troops. It's a con you use and use poorly.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captdon View Post
    You're an ass. Supplying the means for Urania to fight is not any American sacrifice. Ukraine has fought the invasion before we helped. You use that "go there and fight" because you don't have anything else.No one has called for American troops. It's a con you use and use poorly.
    Shut up moron. Go back to licking windows.
    --John Adams

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Captdon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,837x in 10,134 Posts
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you get Hitler in this? There was no effective secession. It was a Russian invasion. Do you know how to research anything? You write by emotion not facts.
    Liberals are a clear and present danger to our nation
    Pick your enemies carefully.

+ Reply to Thread