Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nanotech in our food

Over 2,000 food products have nano technology inside of them. As little as just a few years ago when I would buy some lettuce it would start to go bad by the expiration date. Now the stuff just lasts and lasts. What if it's not just the Vaccine and Covid causing an increase in deaths? What if it has something to do with what they are putting in food? Nearly everyone I know including family and friends online are sick to some degree. Not all of us got covid or the shot, yet everyone is sick. Of course it is natural to get sick but it seems like more people are sick than normal.

Here is something "conspiracyish". When they first started vaccinating people, there were people saying that they had become magnetic. They would stick a magnet to the site of the injection and it would stick. People were also sticking magnets to meat purchased in the stores and the magnets would stick.

Just for fun I grabbed a neodymium magnet and stuck it to my arm to see if it would stick. To my surprise it did stick. I then tried to put it behind my ear for fun and it repelled, my loved one said flip it over, I did and it slapped to the back of my head behind my ear. I was thinking that perhaps we were always magnetic and it's the iron in our blood. Maybe we just didn't know it because no one has tried to see if they were magnetic before. Others say it's the graphene in the vaccines and in our food. I lean toward the iron in our blood personally.

Interestingly one of the big nano tech offenders in our food is titanium dioxide. I looked that up and it is weakly magnetic. I found that to be interesting. Anyways it's worth thinking about, and another good reason to grow your own food if you can.

At this time, nano tech in our food is unregulated, and un-labled. We should work to change that.

Nanotechnology Overview

"Nanotechnology is an emerging technology that has the potential for use in a broad array of FDA-regulated products, including medical products, foods and cosmetics. Nanomaterials, developed using nanotechnology, are measured in nanometers — equal to about one-billionth of a meter — so small that they cannot be seen with a regular microscope. These nanomaterials can have different chemical, physical, or biological properties than their conventionally-scaled counterpart materials used in many products regulated by FDA.

FDA has long encountered the combination of promise, risk, and uncertainty that accompanies emerging technologies. Nanotechnology is not unique in this regard. The very changes in biological, chemical and other properties that can make nanotechnology applications so exciting also may merit examination to determine any effects on product safety, effectiveness, or other attributes. Understanding nanotechnology remains a top FDA priority. FDA is monitoring the evolving science and has a robust research agenda to help assess the safety and effectiveness of products using nanotechnology".
    https://www.fda.gov/science-research...ogy-fact-sheet

"Since its discovery in the late eighteenth century and mass production in the early twentieth century, titanium dioxide has been used in a wide range of applications such as paints, cosmetics, energy storage, photocatalysis and food. Health concerns regarding TiO2 use as a food additive, named E171 in Europe, are mainly due to the presence of nanoparticles, whereas it should contain only microparticles".
    https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10311-021-01360-2

"Titanium is weakly magnetic and shows paramagnetic characteristics. The electronic configuration of titanium is [Ar] 3d2 4s2, having 2 unpaired electrons in a 3d orbital, and is responsible for the paramagnetic behavior of titanium. It shows the force of attraction towards a magnet when placed near it".
    https://lambdageeks.com/is-titanium-magnetic/

We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (03-16-2023),FindersKeepers (03-16-2023),RMNIXON (03-16-2023)

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Omar's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,523x in 4,633 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Just AnotherPerson View Post
    "Titanium is weakly magnetic and shows paramagnetic characteristics. The electronic configuration of titanium is [Ar] 3d2 4s2, having 2 unpaired electrons in a 3d orbital, and is responsible for the paramagnetic behavior of titanium. It shows the force of attraction towards a magnet when placed near it".
    "Look into my eyes - I guarantee you - I guarantee you we are going to end fossil fuels" - Joe Biden

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the neodymium magnet I just tried didn't stick to me, but we know most humans have traces of the chemicals used in early nonstick pans in their blood now. Probably many other substances as well.

We do have people that advocate reducing our population--and while we can always hope they mean through offering better birth control--I don't think we can afford to rule out the ones who would reduce the population in more nefarious ways.

If these groups were to target any specific sector, I think they'd try to target those living in poverty--and the elderly. To me, that would mean (and this is all just speculation) that they'd put chemicals in foods they felt were more likely to be consumed by the poor, such as cheap, highly processed foods. Maybe substances that lead to infertility?
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Just AnotherPerson (03-16-2023)

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,730
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,459x in 13,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lettuce around here goes bad before the expiration date. So, I have never seen the lettuce thing. Or any produce for that matter. I always think how maddening it must be to be a grocer trying to rotate this stuff.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

7. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    The lettuce around here goes bad before the expiration date. So, I have never seen the lettuce thing. Or any produce for that matter. I always think how maddening it must be to be a grocer trying to rotate this stuff.
    Ours does too. I think it must have something to do with where the grocer sources the produce. I think some newer, hybrid varieties are bred to last longer.

But, I'm not a fan of all the genetic manipulation that goes on in plants. Around here, farmers can't even buy non-GMO wheat or soybean seeds. It's everywhere.

And, if a plant is "Roundup-ready," that just means we can treat an entire field of plants with glysophate and it will kill the weeds but not the crop.

I think saving heirloom seeds is a good idea, but most of the foods we eat today come from crops that are not organic or have been altered in some way.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,438
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,556x in 17,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we have any clue the long term effects of these products?

Oh Wait, COVID vaccinations never mind..........
    My Revenge will be Success! - Donald J Trump

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 2,438
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,556x in 17,992 Posts
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I can make a good solid head of lettuce last a week or more. But it is so damn expensive now and not the quality it once was around here so I go without.
    My Revenge will be Success! - Donald J Trump

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    jigglepete's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,654x in 2,195 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Ours does too. I think it must have something to do with where the grocer sources the produce. I think some newer, hybrid varieties are bred to last longer.

But, I'm not a fan of all the genetic manipulation that goes on in plants. Around here, farmers can't even buy non-GMO wheat or soybean seeds. It's everywhere.

And, if a plant is "Roundup-ready," that just means we can treat an entire field of plants with glysophate and it will kill the weeds but not the crop.

I think saving heirloom seeds is a good idea, but most of the foods we eat today come from crops that are not organic or have been altered in some way.
    The Svalbard Global Seed Vault opened in 2008 as a "backstop" for seed banks around the world, whose own archives of their agricultural heritage might be threatened by disaster. Isolated by miles of sea and acres of forbidding ice from the specter of earthquakes, heat waves and human menace, the vault and its contents will last 1,000 years. It's a sort of Noah's Ark for plants, built to withstand the storms (war, crop-disease, climate change, asteroid impact) that might wipe a species from the rest of the planet.

https://www.adn.com/arctic/article/d...re/2015/09/24/

Interesting article...

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jigglepete For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (03-16-2023),FindersKeepers (03-16-2023),Just AnotherPerson (03-16-2023)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,800x in 4,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglepete View Post
    The Svalbard Global Seed Vault opened in 2008 as a "backstop" for seed banks around the world, whose own archives of their agricultural heritage might be threatened by disaster. Isolated by miles of sea and acres of forbidding ice from the specter of earthquakes, heat waves and human menace, the vault and its contents will last 1,000 years. It's a sort of Noah's Ark for plants, built to withstand the storms (war, crop-disease, climate change, asteroid impact) that might wipe a species from the rest of the planet.

https://www.adn.com/arctic/article/d...re/2015/09/24/

Interesting article...

There are a number of companies that 'act' as seed vaults, and propagate old heirloom varieties for seeding. Svalbard, IIRC, is kind of the 'mothership'.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

jigglepete (03-16-2023),Just AnotherPerson (03-16-2023)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,800x in 4,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    I can make a good solid head of lettuce last a week or more. But it is so damn expensive now and not the quality it once was around here so I go without.
    I grow lettuce in season, but can't use it as fast as it grows. I found if I keep the Romaine id a large cup with a bit of water in it, in the refrigerator, the head will last longer than if I wrap it up in a paper towel and put it in the crisper.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread