The college wrestlers who took on a grizzly bear.

i.jpg

A GOOD FRIEND never lets his buddy step in bear crap. So when Brady Lowry stumbled upon a fresh pile back in October, deep in the thick brush of the Wyoming wilderness near Yellowstone, he turned his head and began to alert Kendell Cummings. Those were almost his last words.

As sunset approached, they split up into pairs and pointed toward a specific rock off in the distance where they could meet in an hour or so. Brady and Kendell went up; Gus and Orrin stayed lower. The pairs were a half-mile apart at around 4 p.m., far enough that Brady and Kendell could just barely hear Gus and Orrin talking and joking around down below.

Up on the mountain, Brady and Kendell had waded into a deep brush, so dense that it was almost impossible to see the ground. Kendell was about 50 feet away when he heard Brady yell, "Hey, watch out for this big pile of bear s---."

That's when they heard a loud cracking noise. Brady ended his sentence and was only able to blurt out "Bear!" before a 500-pound grizzly hit him in the chest.

Suddenly the two wrestlers were in the toughest match of their life.

i.jpg

i.jpg

i.jpg

i.jpg

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...=pocket-newtab