Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,538x in 55,961 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    An example of what is important to the left.

How trans activism became the new religion of the left

The debate over transgender issues—and in particular, medical interventions for transgender children—continues to rage as one of the greatest battles in our nation’s current culture wars.
    Now Pres. Biden—in concert with trans-activists—has discovered an unlikely tool with the potential to upend this debate altogether: Religion.

Indeed, the trans movement has vocally emerged as a new religion for the left—with Biden aching to be their priest and pastor.

Along the way, both the president and activists are painting their opponents—which include Florida and its Governor Ron DeSantis—as the enemies of the faith.

Speaking with guest host of The Daily Show, Kal Penn, earlier this week, Biden slammed Florida legislation—which outlaws puberty blockers, hormone treatments, and so-called gender-affirming surgeries for children—as “sinful.”

“What’s going on in Florida is, as my mother would say, ‘close to sinful.’ It’s just terrible what they’re doing,” said Biden before proceeding to call the legislation “cruel.”

Biden has every right to describe Florida’s legislation as “terrible” or “cruel.” These are political arguments, whether folks agree with them or not. But by using the word “sinful,” the president has intentionally crossed over from the political into the religious.

Despite having been denied Communion in recent years because of his pro-abortion stance, Biden presents himself as a devout Catholic. And the word “sinful” clearly holds religious meaning for him.

Which means that according to Biden, Florida’s policy is not just wrong, but a sin — an immoral act in the eyes of God. Or, at least, a god.

Of course, this isn’t the first time leftie politicians have arrogantly used—if not abused—religion to push their own agenda.
    It does appear that LGBTQX issues has not leap frogged abortion as the top issue of the left.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (03-20-2023)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 77,538x in 55,961 Posts
    Mentioned
    707 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slideman View Post
    Race does not really exist it is a social construct. Mostly white indeed
    First it was gender doesn’t exist as it’s just a social structure. Now it’s race. What’s next?
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,392x in 54,974 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    First it was gender doesn’t exist as it’s just a social structure. Now it’s race. What’s next?
    Apparently, slideman meant human race as that was in the post he responded to.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 1,407
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,892x in 18,153 Posts
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have lived long enough as I have you will understand that Progressive causes never end no matter how extreme. I distinctly remember back when we were being assured the demanded social changes would end at Gay Marriage and anyone who suggested otherwise was conservative fear mongering.

Now that the ever expanding LGBTQ and Gender Identity agenda has become a 'Crusade' I can't predict what comes next but it will!
    My Revenge will be Success! - Donald J Trump

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm torn on this one.

It was stupid of Biden to say "sinful."

While I'm not fond of the practice of children using puberty blockers or having life-altering surgeries, I recognize it's NOT my business. I prefer to leave that sort of decision up to the parents of the child, the child, their doctor, and mental health professionals. The last people who should be involved are politicians.

I've heard stories about teens who transition and then later wish they wouldn't have. So, I googled it and it appears about 1% later regret their decision to transition. That's not very high.

Some studies suggest that rates of regret have declined over the years as patient selection and treatment methods have improved. In a review of 27 studies involving almost 8,000 teens and adults who had transgender surgeries, mostly in Europe, the U.S and Canada, 1% on average expressed regret. For some, regret was temporary, but a small number went on to have detransitioning or reversal surgeries, the 2021 review said.
    https://apnews.com/article/transgend...c77b5371c6ba2b

I admit that I don't really understand what's going on in a tran's life, body, or head. I don't know if they really can't be happy as a member of the sex they were born with.

My question is what makes politicians think it's their business? On the one hand, the same politicians are often harping about parents having the right to be involved with their children's lives, schooling, etc., but as soon as those same parents decide they want to allow their children to transition--the politicians start screaming--it's not your place to decide that!

What is that all about? Really?

I think the parents might be making a mistake in allowing their children to do that. But, I don't live in their homes and I don't know what they're going through.

I think it should be left up to the doctors, the parents, and the patients.

Why are we seeing so much support for states to intercede in private lives? It's a slippery slope.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

zelmo1234 (03-20-2023)

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 1,731
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,081x in 28,491 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slideman View Post
    Race does not really exist it is a social construct. Mostly white indeed
    Not really. Genetics can determine what region of the world you come from. Which is really what skin color and characteristics reflect.

How we decide to treat those differences is the Social Construct. The reality is that we are all genetically different but some of those traits come from your ancestors and what region they come from.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-21-2023)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,679
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,714x in 16,154 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Not really. Genetics can determine what region of the world you come from. Which is really what skin color and characteristics reflect.

How we decide to treat those differences is the Social Construct. The reality is that we are all genetically different but some of those traits come from your ancestors and what region they come from.
    On a national and in some cases a global basis societies at large are being compromised in the name of "genetic garbage and other afflictions of not only ones body and mind but of their soul

If I end up going to hell I do not want it to be because I switched ends with a genetic deficient and ended up with a terribly confused spawn

That was not a blanket statement that was meant to imply Mexicans , Puerto Reekins and other lovers of spicy food .would compromise someone with knowledge of the Bell Curve

Hey ....I like my wimmin a bit hot and spicy , but not that spicy.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-21-2023)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post

Genetics can also be used to determine which shoreline a lost ship may have ran aground on.

I doubt many Camel humpers will arrive via the "Lake Vista Southern Express " or by Kite
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    I'm torn on this one.

It was stupid of Biden to say "sinful."

While I'm not fond of the practice of children using puberty blockers or having life-altering surgeries, I recognize it's NOT my business. I prefer to leave that sort of decision up to the parents of the child, the child, their doctor, and mental health professionals. The last people who should be involved are politicians.

I've heard stories about teens who transition and then later wish they wouldn't have. So, I googled it and it appears about 1% later regret their decision to transition. That's not very high.

https://apnews.com/article/transgend...c77b5371c6ba2b

I admit that I don't really understand what's going on in a tran's life, body, or head. I don't know if they really can't be happy as a member of the sex they were born with.

My question is what makes politicians think it's their business? On the one hand, the same politicians are often harping about parents having the right to be involved with their children's lives, schooling, etc., but as soon as those same parents decide they want to allow their children to transition--the politicians start screaming--it's not your place to decide that!

What is that all about? Really?

I think the parents might be making a mistake in allowing their children to do that. But, I don't live in their homes and I don't know what they're going through.

I think it should be left up to the doctors, the parents, and the patients.

Why are we seeing so much support for states to intercede in private lives? It's a slippery slope.
    On a lighter note the Drs never considered to cut and shorten my naughty part as the first option.

They gave me pills to stop it from growing but to no avail. "Incurable Growth-ism" was the diagnosis so they cut it to a shorter size .

Well. It grew back , longer. It still s bewildering the experts and providing a source of amazement , reverence, respect and inspired awe. Very inspired .

Now they diagnosis it as "Maximus Lengtha-Gir-Tosis
    "

To show me the appreciation I always deserve from someone the Drs hooked me up with some nice women of high moral standards to approach ..ooops..I meant "date"

As luck would have it very few women were worthy so a big "no go show to the show " alarm sought and found one .

Super prude Mary F. Poppins was picked but she is in gender confusion therapy and did not want to jeopardize her mind bending psych med prescriptions

Odd. I just assumed everyone takes prescription anti psychotics or have many people standing in the wings of the mind with another prescription pad

Cluck cluck
    Last edited by Cotton1; 03-20-2023 at 03:15 PM.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (03-20-2023),Peter1469 (03-21-2023),Thfan132 (03-21-2023)

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 624
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    slackercruster's Avatar Senior Member
    Born L.A. - NYC 2nd home - Rustbelt home base
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 558x in 396 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Somewhere, in some story I ran across in the last week someone made a claim that the youngest generation is seeing a very large number of boys, mostly white who want to become girls.
    Why would that be? Endocrine disruption was mentioned. I didn't have enough interest to research it but if it is true wouldn't this presage the collapse of the human race?
    No idea why, but seems true, Bub. I do know one thing. Every transhomo created will vote dem for life.

$#@! chart Axios.jpg

16. The Following User Says Thank You to slackercruster For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (03-20-2023)

+ Reply to Thread