User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apparently, Columbus Ohio is the most polluted city in the United States..

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,039x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Apparently, Columbus Ohio is the most polluted city in the United States..

Here are the most polluted cities in the U.S. and world..

ezgif-3-4d5ceaa7c5.png

About 90% of the global population in 2022 experienced unhealthy air quality, and only six countries met the World Health Organization’s recommendations of safe air pollutant levels, according to a new report from Swiss air quality technology company IQAir.

IQAir measured air quality levels based on the concentration of lung-damaging airborne particles known as PM 2.5. Research shows that exposure to such particulate matter can lead to heart attacks, asthma attacks and premature death. Studies have also linked long-term exposure to PM 2.5 with higher rates of death from Covid-19.When the WHO first published air quality guidance in 2005, it said the acceptable levels of air pollution were less than 10 micrograms per cubic meter. In 2021, the WHO changed its benchmark guidelines to below 5 micrograms per cubic meter.

The report found that the top five most polluted countries in 2022 were Chad, Iraq, Pakistan, Bahrain and Bangladesh. The most polluted cities globally were Lahore, Pakistan; Hotan, China; Bhiwadi, India; Delhi, India; and Peshawar, Pakistan.

ezgif-3-5a50db2edb.png

th-1644095304.jpg

th-4198117128.jpg

th-3988716410.jpg
    Last edited by DGUtley; 03-20-2023 at 03:40 PM.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 2,827
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,063x in 14,362 Posts
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO! it just has Ohio State there, simple fix! all those buckeyes will mess things up

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    OLD GUY IN FLORIDA's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,846x in 4,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do we never see any pollution numbers for cities in China and India? So Columbus is 12, what is Hotan China's number. How do the worst American industrial cities compare with the best Indian industrial cities? I am so tired of all these "Look at America's worst cities for..." If you compare them to the numbers in other countries we are the frigging Garden of Eden.

For example, they are always telling us how violent a country we are. In 2021 there were 26,031 people murdered in the United States, with a population of around 340 million. For the same period in Brazil there were 40,824 murders with a population around 261 million or 2/3's of the US with almost twice the murders. I am not trying to condone or make light of 26,031 murders, just trying to put in perspective with the rest of the world.
    Last edited by OLD GUY IN FLORIDA; 03-20-2023 at 03:59 PM.
    Devotion to the truth is the hallmark of morality; there is no greater, nobler, more heroic form of devotion than the act of a man who assumes the responsibility of thinking.”
    Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OLD GUY IN FLORIDA For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (03-20-2023),Peter1469 (03-21-2023)

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,504x in 16,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Columbus Ohio stands out in my memory
    August of 1970 we were side skirting Columbus on the interstate on our way closer to Erie

I witnessed a person aggressively pursuing a mildly physically handicapped man on foot alone the shoulder . We had slowed and I heard him try to elude the pursuer with verbal attempts for mercy and limited physical

As we drove away I realized i never would know for certain what became of him

I cried . It still haunts me to this day

A person that abusive needs to be beaten with board planks until unconscious or in a serious stupor if he was intentionally harrassing or creating a threat to the victim .

Some things are meant to stick with us. They reside in the shadows of ones mind and if utilized well become applicable as a life lesson in other applications life hands us
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,504x in 16,031 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD GUY IN FLORIDA View Post
    Why do we never see any pollution numbers for cities in China and India? So Columbus is 12, what is Hotan China's number. How do the worst American industrial cities compare with the best Indian industrial cities? I am so tired of all these "Look at America's worst cities for..." If you compare them to the numbers in other countries we are the frigging Garden of Eden.

For example, they are always telling us how violent a country we are. In 2021 there were 26,031 people murdered in the United States, with a population of around 340 million. For the same period in Brazil there were 40,824 murders with a population around 261 million or 2/3's of the US with almost twice the murders. I am not trying to condone or make light of 26,031 murders, just trying to put in perspective with the rest of the world.
    Because the bad news is scarcely reported in shthole countries and those that harbor human rights violaters .

The negative realities are already everywhere in countries where women are beaten half to death forthe fuk of it.

It's a moral dilemma knowing that you cannot simply turn those holes of human hell into a fukking crater without burying the civilians under rubble , permanently

I rarely feel anger but for some reason I am becoming angry , sad and with a wtf-ish has man done to his own species state of mind

The only act(s) any dictators have committed that gave me a "that's not pc" chuckle or I filed in the "funny not funny" panty museum drawer was when the North Korean leader fed his uncle to a pack of dogs and capped another family member with an anti aircraft missile.

That's fukking beautiful in its own way

His reply when questioned regarding the incident was "I was jusr drunk "

Now I'm mad as hell. I was not invited to what was obviously one of the most hellatious drunken throwdowns ever tossed .
    In the name of absolutely nothing

Fuk dat dude
    Last edited by Cotton1; 03-20-2023 at 04:22 PM.
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cotton1 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-21-2023)

+ Reply to Thread