Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quiz: I'm Trans!

What would happen if you were to combine the hard science of internet quizzes with the hard science of gender identity? To find out, I just Googled "Am I trans?" and clicked on the first interactive quiz that wasn't an ad. The result? I passed! I am found to be on the trans spectrum! More specifically, I'm apparently "gender-$#@!", which according to the author(s) of this quiz means that I'm "a person who feels they don't identify as either male or female, but instead somewhere between or outside those two binary categories altogether." ... So now you know! Just wanted to come out to you this morning.

This outcome was somehow arrived at despite the fact that I plainly answered that my sex is female, that I identify exclusively as female, that I strongly prefer being described with female pronouns, that my gender identity doesn't change at all, and that I don't want to be a different gender. So if you weren't persuaded that gender identity is a real thing before, now you are for sure!

Honestly, I feel like almost anyone who took this quiz would land somewhere on their idea of the trans spectrum in their results. It's almost impossible not to, I mean if you're human. You'll likely land somewhere on the trans spectrum in this quiz if you answer that you've ever experienced any body insecurity before, which I think almost everyone has; especially women. And you'll definitely land in their idea of the trans spectrum if you're gay, period, because there seem to be a curious volume of questions about your sexuality, which aren't supposed to be relevant to your gender ID according to trans activists. Seriously, take the quiz for yourself and be amused! And once you've done so, rest easy in the knowledge that countless depressed teenagers are doing the same right now, are probably buying the results, and that few medical professionals in this country are allowed to disagree with them.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 03-22-2023 at 07:08 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (03-22-2023),donttread (05-01-2023),FindersKeepers (03-22-2023),Standing Wolf (03-22-2023)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,040x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I offered to come out as a homosexual, transexual, atheist, illegal immigrant, Muslim, handicapped lawyer if it would help our numbers with our clients demanding we meet certain quotas.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (03-22-2023),donttread (05-01-2023),MisterVeritis (03-22-2023),Thom Paine (03-22-2023)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,862
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,933x in 8,811 Posts
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    What would happen if you were to combine the hard science of internet quizzes with the hard science of gender identity? To find out, I just Googled "Am I trans?" and clicked on the first interactive quiz that wasn't an ad. The result? I passed! I am found to be on the trans spectrum! More specifically, I'm apparently "gender-$#@!", which according to the author(s) of this quiz means that I'm "a person who feels they don't identify as either male or female, but instead somewhere between or outside those two binary categories altogether." ... So now you know! Just wanted to come out to you this morning.

This outcome was somehow arrived at despite the fact that I plainly answered that my sex is female, that I identify exclusively as female, that I strongly prefer being described with female pronouns, that my gender identity doesn't change at all, and that I don't want to be a different gender. So if you weren't persuaded that gender identity is a real thing before, now you are for sure!

Honestly, I feel like almost anyone who took this quiz would land somewhere on their idea of the trans spectrum in their results. It's almost impossible not to, I mean if you're human. You'll likely land somewhere on the trans spectrum in this quiz if you answer that you've ever experienced any body insecurity before, which I think almost everyone has; especially women. And you'll definitely land in their idea of the trans spectrum if you're gay, period, because there seem to be a curious volume of questions about your sexuality, which aren't supposed to be relevant to your gender ID according to trans activists. Seriously, take the quiz for yourself and be amused! And once you've done so, rest easy in the knowledge that countless depressed teenagers are doing the same right now, are probably buying the results, and that few medical professionals in this country are allowed to disagree with them.
    The questions are leading and often don't make sense. Some don't even have a clear heterosexual option! I swear one question only provided gay and pan-sexual options. Whoever made up this quiz had a definite agenda.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (03-22-2023),Collateral Damage (03-22-2023),Thom Paine (03-22-2023)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,583x in 94,415 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quiz:

Are you a boy or girl?

Results:

If someone with a dick says girl- fail.
    If someone without a dick says boy- fail
    If someone says that they don't know- fail.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (03-22-2023),Cletus (03-22-2023),IMPress Polly (03-23-2023),MisterVeritis (03-22-2023),Thom Paine (03-22-2023),zelmo1234 (03-22-2023)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post

LOL

I ended up being ranked as transexual too, even though my answers were hetero.

One question asked what I did as a child, and the answer was dressed up in my mom's shoes, makeup, and lingerie. That was a tough one because my sister and I liked to wear our mom's makeup, shoes, and clothes, but never her lingerie.

Still. It was a fun quiz!
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (03-23-2023)

tPF Moderator
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,040x in 24,874 Posts
    Mentioned
    886 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    The questions are leading and often don't make sense. Some don't even have a clear heterosexual option! I swear one question only provided gay and pan-sexual options. Whoever made up this quiz had a definite agenda.
    Shocked.gif
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DGUtley For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (03-22-2023)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 425
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,800x in 4,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've pretty much stopped taking any online 'quiz'. Someone somewhere somehow is benefiting from the answers.

93% of Americans see themselves as Transsexual!
    67% of male children played with dolls, proving they were lesbians!

You get the drift. And fully expect to get advertising geared towards whatever skewed results you got.....
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-22-2023)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 672
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thom Paine's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,119x in 683 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great observational post !

For fun, I tried to take the test but couldn't get past the last sentence to the introduction " this quiz is here to help you find your way and show you how to accept yourself for who you are."

ROTFL.....

with a tad bit of sadness for those confused folk trying to find a common group identity.

I guess it's another "c'est la vie" moment.
    "I've outlived the country I loved" Monte Walsh 1970

"Remember: On the other side of that screen is a real person" (Missouri Mule)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Thom Paine For This Useful Post:

IMPress Polly (03-23-2023)

Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,905x in 54,720 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    "the hard science of gender identity?"
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Cletus (03-22-2023),Thom Paine (03-22-2023)

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 814
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,088x in 12,283 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you were offered the opportunity to take twenty years off your age, with the proviso that you would then find yourself transformed physically into the other sex - for purposes of this hypothetical, we're assuming that there are only two - would you agree to do it?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

+ Reply to Thread