Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,318x in 14,535 Posts
    Mentioned
    433 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    And, by the way, @zelmo1234, teens always had to tell their parents or get a waiver from a judge.

Like I said, it's really nothing.

On the list of things women's right advocates are fighting--this one is at the basement level. Because it affects virtually no one.

Actually, the judge waiver, if it had been used, which it wasn't because teens didn't want to go that route, offers what might be a life line to teen girls whose dads either fathered their babies or might beat them to death.

But, the kids didn't use it so it doesn't matter. If those MO kids want to abort and not tell their parents, there are now resources in MO that will help them with travel and expenses to states where it's legal for them to abort.

The only time a ruling like this might make a difference would be in a state where it's already permissable for teens to abort. In many states that allow abortions, teens must get their parent's approval, which, as I said is easy, because it's the parents who typically push them to abort.
    Yes this takes the waver from the judge out of the equation Thank God the Government is not better than family for making these decisions

And if that is what the family decided to do, I am OK with that, as for Rape and incest, lets get those basters where they belong in jail, I don't believe this law make it illegal to report that you have been raped.
    So that is a none issue.

I do think that it is nice that you are so willing to support the children breaking the law and killing a baby something that might have a psychological impact on them for the rest of their life.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,419x in 54,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    2013 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's a victory for life but in reality a minor one. The court merely vacated a lower court's ruling made prior to Dobbs, which made it moot.

It's hard to tell what Jackson’s dissent means. That she wanted to hear the case? She says "I am concerned that contemporary practice related to so- called “Munsingwear vacaturs” has drifted away from the doctrine’s foundational moorings." And spends 4 pages explaining if you care to read: https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...jdissent032023.
    Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. ― Gustav Mahler

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    BenjaminO's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,735x in 1,363 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    Yes this takes the waver from the judge out of the equation Thank God the Government is not better than family for making these decisions

And if that is what the family decided to do, I am OK with that, as for Rape and incest, lets get those basters where they belong in jail, I don't believe this law make it illegal to report that you have been raped.
    So that is a none issue.

I do think that it is nice that you are so willing to support the children breaking the law and killing a baby something that might have a psychological impact on them for the rest of their life.
    Have you ever looked at the psychological damage to teenagers and their babies?

THE CHILDREN OF TEEN CHILDBEARERS

It is clear that being a child of a teenage mother often entails numerous risks: low birth weight, complications of the mother's pregnancy and delivery, and health problems associated with poor perinatal outcomes; greater risk of perinatal death; lower IQ and academic achievement later on, including a greater risk of repeating a grade; greater risk of socio-emotional problems; a greater risk of having a fatal accident before age one; and finally, a greater probability of starting one's own family at an early age.

Vital statistics data (NCHS, 1984) show that children of teen mothers are more likely to be below 2500 grams at birth than children of mothers 20 to 39, and the younger the age of the mother the higher the proportion of infants of low birth weight.
    Low birth weight babies are subject to higher risks of death, mental retardation, and other health problems (Williams and Chen, 1982). Low birth weight has also been implicated in poor intelligence and achievement test scores in childhood

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK219236/
    Red Green
    The man's prayer:

I'm a man
    But I can change
    If I have to
    I guess

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 754
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    countryboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,776x in 13,681 Posts
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminO View Post

It is clear that being a child of a teenage mother often entails numerous risks: low birth weight, complications of the mother's pregnancy and delivery, and health problems associated with poor perinatal outcomes; greater risk of perinatal death; lower IQ and academic achievement later on, including a greater risk of repeating a grade; greater risk of socio-emotional problems; a greater risk of having a fatal accident before age one; and finally, a greater probability of starting one's own family at an early age.

Vital statistics data (NCHS, 1984) show that children of teen mothers are more likely to be below 2500 grams at birth than children of mothers 20 to 39, and the younger the age of the mother the higher the proportion of infants of low birth weight.
    Low birth weight babies are subject to higher risks of death, mental retardation, and other health problems (Williams and Chen, 1982). Low birth weight has also been implicated in poor intelligence and achievement test scores in childhood

Have you ever looked at the physical damage to babies when you kill them? It's pretty significant.
    Cutesy Time is OVER

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to countryboy For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-24-2023),pjohns (03-23-2023),RMNIXON (03-22-2023)

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,714
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,088x in 28,497 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you mean that young girls should not be having sex. Maybe that is what the teachers should be selling instead of teaching them the alternatives that I won't mention, to save you having to deny that they do.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

pjohns (03-23-2023),RMNIXON (03-22-2023)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    And, by the way, @zelmo1234, teens always had to tell their parents or get a waiver from a judge.

Like I said, it's really nothing.

On the list of things women's right advocates are fighting--this one is at the basement level. Because it affects virtually no one.

Actually, the judge waiver, if it had been used, which it wasn't because teens didn't want to go that route, offers what might be a life line to teen girls whose dads either fathered their babies or might beat them to death.

But, the kids didn't use it so it doesn't matter. If those MO kids want to abort and not tell their parents, there are now resources in MO that will help them with travel and expenses to states where it's legal for them to abort.

The only time a ruling like this might make a difference would be in a state where it's already permissable for teens to abort. In many states that allow abortions, teens must get their parent's approval, which, as I said is easy, because it's the parents who typically push them to abort.
    The obvious problem is that you can't let everything fly because of a very small percentage of cases.

Any girl that was raped by a family member should be forced to go to the judge so that activity will stop and daddy/uncle/bro goes to jail. Then the child will get her exemption and she will get her help. Just giving her a pill means she will probably need another and another and another until she runs or worse.

Your solution sucks.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Captdon (03-24-2023),pjohns (03-23-2023)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Have you ever looked at the physical damage to babies when you kill them? It's pretty significant.
    Not as significant as a life time of suffering.
    But you don't care about that do you.
    It's someone else's problem.
    Red Green
    The man's prayer:

I'm a man
    But I can change
    If I have to
    I guess

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    So you mean that young girls should not be having sex. Maybe that is what the teachers should be selling instead of teaching them the alternatives that I won't mention, to save you having to deny that they do.
    So why don't you clue us in as to how you plan to get teenagers to stop having sex. All the plans I've ever heard of didn't work.
    Red Green
    The man's prayer:

I'm a man
    But I can change
    If I have to
    I guess

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So why don't you clue us in as to how you plan to get teenagers to stop having sex. All the plans I've ever heard of didn't work.
    You can't stop it but everything the progressives have done is causing it at a younger age and more frequently. They only make problems worse. Start teaching them morality again and stop telling them that wrong is okay.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

pjohns (03-23-2023),zelmo1234 (03-23-2023)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    The obvious problem is that you can't let everything fly because of a very small percentage of cases.

Any girl that was raped by a family member should be forced to go to the judge so that activity will stop and daddy/uncle/bro goes to jail. Then the child will get her exemption and she will get her help. Just giving her a pill means she will probably need another and another and another until she runs or worse.

Your solution sucks.
    Your "solution" is a fantasy.
    Red Green
    The man's prayer:

I'm a man
    But I can change
    If I have to
    I guess

+ Reply to Thread