slideman's Avatar Infracted Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,304x in 1,106 Posts
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You folks like to rent about the homeless and blame the Democrats for the problems but you have no solutions

Empty suits of clothes

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,964x in 55,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slideman View Post
    I just voted. The proposal would raise my property tax approximately $100 a year. I voted against it not because I don't want to pay but because I think it is the wrong vehicle of taxation. Washington needs an income tax. It should be markedly progressive. We should get rid of the sales tax and the state should not be dependent on property tax for anything.
    Much of the state is funded by sales taxes which are horribly regressive and hurt the poor. We should be taxing the Rich who can afford to pay.
    Washington does not need an income tax. That would cause more harm than good. They get plenty of revenues. They don’t need any more. We are already one of the most taxed states in America.

They need to stop pissing it away on things which we know are not going to solve anything.

Washington state government is dominated by ultra left wing types who believe the solution to every economic or social issue is to raise taxes. They can’t get enough.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 2,827
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,063x in 14,362 Posts
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You folks like to rent about the homeless and blame the Democrats for the problems but you have no solutions
    Empty suits of clothes
    sure there are solutions, create jobs that pay more. lower government spending so the dollar is worth more and we see the end of inflation. Lower Taxes so the middle class have more and the business owner invest in expansion increasing revenue to the government.

Energy independence so the price at the pump and the price of shipping decreases all this puts more money into people pockets and they are able to afford a place to live.

How is higher taxes going to help people? I am all ears

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,568x in 94,410 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The measure is an attempt to do something about mentally ill homeless people who are a problem. What is your suggestion that they be shot? Maybe we should export them from Seattle to your city. Or maybe we can create the facilities to treat their mental illness and help them get on their way in life.
    I am for taking care of those who truly are in need.

I am referring to Dem policies in general that want all by the wealthy to be wards of the state. If I remember, this tax was to try to disentivize saving. So most rely on the government in their old age.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    sure there are solutions, create jobs that pay more. lower government spending so the dollar is worth more and we see the end of inflation. Lower Taxes so the middle class have more and the business owner invest in expansion increasing revenue to the government.

Energy independence so the price at the pump and the price of shipping decreases all this puts more money into people pockets and they are able to afford a place to live.

How is higher taxes going to help people? I am all ears
    I don't know how to respond when you respond to arguments I did not make. I'm not advocating for higher taxes. I'm advocating for different taxes. Property tax and sales tax are regressive they put an undue burden on the poor. Washington needs an income tax. That can be revenue neutral.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    I am for taking care of those who truly are in need.

I am referring to Dem policies in general that want all by the wealthy to be wards of the state. If I remember, this tax was to try to disentivize saving. So most rely on the government in their old age.
    I'm not going to converse with you further as you make stuff up. There's zero evidence that anyone has tried to turn the middle class into wards of the state. That is an utterly ridiculous assertion.
    The tax is an attempt to do something about untreated mental illness, a laudable goal
    We have a problem with homelessness and many of the people on the streets are mentally ill. Reality. There is zero evidence of anyone trying to de incentivize saving.
    You spout nonsense

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 2,827
    Overall activity: 77.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    zelmo1234's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,063x in 14,362 Posts
    Mentioned
    432 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how to respond when you respond to arguments I did not make. I'm not advocating for higher taxes. I'm advocating for different taxes. Property tax and sales tax are regressive they put an undue burden on the poor. Washington needs an income tax. That can be revenue neutral.
    You really don't understand who pays the tax do you? That is why revenue stagnates when you raise taxes.

So, I take a Salary of 60K from each of our company's divisions. So does my Little One. And we take 15% of the profits at the end of the year as a bonus. And we have a pretty fair Idea of what those profits are going to be, so we know with in 10K of what we are going to make, and we have to invest some of that, to shelter from excess taxes.

So not you raise my taxes GREAT! but what the left thinks happens is I just take money out of my pocket and pay them. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! So it is the easiest in the Stores. you turn full time into part time and cut the hours, and a small increase on the price of the products which is passed on to the consumer.

The Restaurant is almost as easy! And I have no idea what Dealerships I do as have never had to face that. But I think that cutting staff and increasing minimum margins would be easy enough to do, but I am not sure

Construction is the hardest. But it comes in increased mark-up on materials and adding fee's to things like change orders and installations. The people that are runners are let go, and the contractors have an added work load and of course the profits are lower, so profit sharing takes a hit. All new contracts that have not been signed, those are passed on to the consumer.

But business owners don't pay one cent of those taxes out of their pockets. They come from the customers.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zelmo1234 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (04-22-2023)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,568x in 94,410 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to converse with you further as you make stuff up. There's zero evidence that anyone has tried to turn the middle class into wards of the state. That is an utterly ridiculous assertion.
    The tax is an attempt to do something about untreated mental illness, a laudable goal
    We have a problem with homelessness and many of the people on the streets are mentally ill. Reality. There is zero evidence of anyone trying to de incentivize saving.
    You spout nonsense
    Silly fool.

Dem tax and fiscal policies are destroying savings and the incentive to save. The current monetary inflation your boy Biden* caused is forcing the ~63% of Americans who were living pay-check to pay-check to resort to maxing out credit cards and taking loans from their retirement funds (with high taxes and fees).

What conclusion do you make, other than it is a deliberate move to make these people wards of the state? Another possibility, is that they have no agenda, they are just stupid.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (05-27-2023)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Totalitarian or authoritarian government does not want a strong and growing middle class. They want the elites and serfs because they can more easily control both.
    When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.“ - Benjamin Franklin.

“When people get used to preferential treatment equal treatment seems like discrimination.” - Thomas Sowell

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (05-27-2023),Peter1469 (04-23-2023)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to converse with you further as you make stuff up….
    Awesome.

+ Reply to Thread