Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,555x in 94,977 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Americans Have Stopped Trusting the Pentagon With Their Lives

Kurt Schilicter is a funny guy. This is not a funny opinion piece.

Right now, many of us vets are looking back on our years of service and wondering what the hell we did it all for. We used to know – for the USA. Yet you look at the disaster that is our country, our culture, and our beloved military, and you just want to go find a wall and pound your head against it. But a lot fewer folks are going to have this problem in the future because a lot fewer young people are joining our military. The Pentagon can't meet its recruiting goals, and, of course, the fault is our young people, our potential soldiers, for being unwilling to sacrifice their time, and sometimes their lives, in support of the bizarre social pathologies that our garbage ruling class embraces.

The military lost our trust, and it seems uninterested in earning it back. Time for the normals to go on strike until the military becomes a military again instead of a camouflaged faculty lounge.

Why the hell should anybody join the military right now? Don't tell me that it is "to defend the United States" because that's not what the military's primary occupation appears to be anymore. Let's review. We just had former admiral and current Biden Baghdad Bob, smarmy State Department Spokesperson John Kirby, announce that a "core part" of United States foreign policy is "LGBTQ+ rights." You know, not a lot of normal people particularly want to suffer and bleed for that blue coastal fetish. Maybe they do in the rich liberal neighborhoods where Kirby's masters live – actually, they are happy for your kids to suffer and bleed for it, not their own. Oh, and you know what else is a strategic priority? The weather. Who is up to enlist in service of it not being slightly hotter in 200 years? And don't forget Ukraine – yeah, I know they promise we are just advising and will never get sucked into a war in the Mekong Delta. Oops, I mean the Donbas.

Combine all that with the fact that we aren't even allowed to protect our border from illegal aliens and the drug smugglers who are .

As for the rest of you, support our troops. You can best do that by electing someone who will ruthlessly fire most of the generals and admirals and make America's military great again.

Note: shortened by mods per Rule 8
    Last edited by DGUtley; 03-28-2023 at 10:05 AM.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

donttread (05-20-2023)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,644x in 25,175 Posts
    Mentioned
    893 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he correct?
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Is he correct?
    Retired friends of mine who have civilian jobs in the Pentagon told me this months ago.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

carolina73 (03-28-2023),DGUtley (03-28-2023),RMNIXON (03-28-2023)

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 1,138
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RMNIXON's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 30,962x in 18,196 Posts
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And today the Defense Secretary is $#@!ing at Congress because they are holding up promotions of the failed leadership over budget concerns.
    My Revenge will be Success! - Donald J Trump

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RMNIXON For This Useful Post:

donttread (06-15-2023)

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,554
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,149x in 28,537 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is amazing what they did to the institutions of America.

They ruined the Cub and Boy Scouts.
    They wanted to make sure no one said God or offended the gay kids.

They ruined kids sports.
    Don't keep score/Everyone gets a trophy.

Fitness Awards make the weak kids feel bad

Dodge Ball can hurt someone physically and emotionally.

I can imagine that these kids have no desire to leave their safe places anymore.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to carolina73 For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-29-2023)

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 2,162
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,266x in 12,389 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Kurt Schilicter is a funny guy. This is not a funny opinion piece.

Right now, many of us vets are looking back on our years of service and wondering what the hell we did it all for. We used to know – for the USA. Yet you look at the disaster that is our country, our culture, and our beloved military, and you just want to go find a wall and pound your head against it. But a lot fewer folks are going to have this problem in the future because a lot fewer young people are joining our military. The Pentagon can't meet its recruiting goals, and, of course, the fault is our young people, our potential soldiers, for being unwilling to sacrifice their time, and sometimes their lives, in support of the bizarre social pathologies that our garbage ruling class embraces.

The military lost our trust, and it seems uninterested in earning it back. Time for the normals to go on strike until the military becomes a military again instead of a camouflaged faculty lounge.

Why the hell should anybody join the military right now? Don't tell me that it is "to defend the United States" because that's not what the military's primary occupation appears to be anymore. Let's review. We just had former admiral and current Biden Baghdad Bob, smarmy State Department Spokesperson John Kirby, announce that a "core part" of United States foreign policy is "LGBTQ+ rights." You know, not a lot of normal people particularly want to suffer and bleed for that blue coastal fetish. Maybe they do in the rich liberal neighborhoods where Kirby's masters live – actually, they are happy for your kids to suffer and bleed for it, not their own. Oh, and you know what else is a strategic priority? The weather. Who is up to enlist in service of it not being slightly hotter in 200 years? And don't forget Ukraine – yeah, I know they promise we are just advising and will never get sucked into a war in the Mekong Delta. Oops, I mean the Donbas.

Combine all that with the fact that we aren't even allowed to protect our border from illegal aliens and the drug smugglers who are .

As for the rest of you, support our troops. You can best do that by electing someone who will ruthlessly fire most of the generals and admirals and make America's military great again.

Note: shortened by mods per Rule 8
    Agreed. In many ways the military has become the plaything of those who have no business meddling with it, and I'm sure that many young, otherwise qualified and motivated young people are turned off by what they see happening in the Services.

However, my first thought when I read the thread title was of the nearly 7,000 U.S. Service personnel killed in the Middle East in the last two decades, as well as the more than 53,000 who came back wounded, many of them severely maimed or otherwise damaged...and for what?

I understand and appreciate your point, I do. I just have to wonder...of the two potential outcomes of joining up - having to sit in a lecture hall being drilled in all the new politically correct Orders of the Day, on the one hand, or of being sent to die or be crippled for life so that someone can brag, as Bush 43 did, about being "a wartime President", which do you believe has the most serious effect on recruitment and retention?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Dr. Who (03-29-2023),Peter1469 (03-29-2023)

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 570
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Section31's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,575x in 3,353 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did my duty.

I have learned not to trust the gov't., any of it. That includes the military, the justice system in which I was a part of, and any and ALL politicians who serve for longer than they ought to. They're corrupt. Period.

BO/Bite Me fired all the generals and admirals and various colonels, lieutenant colonels, and any officer that failed the "loyality test." Clean the place of patriots. So screw the military, don't trust them they are yes men.

As for the patriot men in the trenches...God bless'em. Give them hell boys/girls.

Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,580x in 26,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    1175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The federal government is firmly under the control of globalists. And they use the military as their plaything. Anyone who thinks it's about defending America needs to wake the hell up already.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMNIXON View Post
    And today the Defense Secretary is $#@!ing at Congress because they are holding up promotions of the failed leadership over budget concerns.
    That is an oversight power that Congress uses against the military on rare occasions. It does wake the DoD up.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Agreed. In many ways the military has become the plaything of those who have no business meddling with it, and I'm sure that many young, otherwise qualified and motivated young people are turned off by what they see happening in the Services.

However, my first thought when I read the thread title was of the nearly 7,000 U.S. Service personnel killed in the Middle East in the last two decades, as well as the more than 53,000 who came back wounded, many of them severely maimed or otherwise damaged...and for what?

I understand and appreciate your point, I do. I just have to wonder...of the two potential outcomes of joining up - having to sit in a lecture hall being drilled in all the new politically correct Orders of the Day, on the one hand, or of being sent to die or be crippled for life so that someone can brag, as Bush 43 did, about being "a wartime President", which do you believe has the most serious effect on recruitment and retention?
    I think the demographic that tends to enlist would prefer combat deployments. There are limits to that of course- once public opinion turns against the war. Which is another danger of occupation and nation-building. They are losing propositions for the most part. And the demographics who enlist like to win. Hate to lose. Don't want to be on the losing team. A lot of the reporting covering military members who served in Afghanistan after the Taliban fast takeover indicate that the angst of these troops was over the realization that they were on the losing side.

I suspect had we not went the occupation / nation building route, but instead conducted raids on verified terrorist camps, cells, and operations we would have seen a long list of wins and not have a recruiting problem today.
    Last edited by Peter1469; 03-29-2023 at 03:22 AM.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (03-29-2023)

+ Reply to Thread