User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Cigna Saves Millions by Having Its Doctors Reject Claims Without Reading Them

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,313
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,046x in 8,894 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    Somebody has to put the info in. People place far too much faith in AI. They pretend it thinks for itself as they tell you that it is programmed to keep out right wing bias? LOL What does that mean. Oh. They program to not do something based on the programmers bias. So the programmers can do whatever they want an you cannot question AI. Crap in = crap out of any program.
    As I said, if chicanery is in the programming, it can be audited and then the insurance company would not only be sued for bad faith, it would have problems keeping its license. Insurance companies no longer even keep claims manuals (at least beyond superficial information) because they can be produced in court. Employees can be told to handle claims a certain way, but there is no written record for which the company would then be held accountable.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    LWW's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,764x in 2,006 Posts
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    As I said, if chicanery is in the programming, it can be audited and then the insurance company would not only be sued for bad faith, it would have problems keeping its license. Insurance companies no longer even keep claims manuals (at least beyond superficial information) because they can be produced in court. Employees can be told to handle claims a certain way, but there is no written record for which the company would then be held accountable.
    How about bad faith from the gubmint

Remember, OBAMACARE used our need for protection from big pharma and big insurance as justification for requiring us to use big pharma and big insurance; up to and including allowing them to write the rules …and baked in a large profit margin for both industries, while promising us a savings of $2,500 per year.
    "Buy a man eat fish, the day, teach a man to a life time! "
    "As one computer said, if
    you're on the train and they say 'PORTAL BRIDGE' you know you better make other plans."
    - Joseph Robinette Biden -

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 1,128
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial25000 Experience Points
    stephenpe's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,857x in 1,903 Posts
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    How about bad faith from the gubmint

Remember, OBAMACARE used our need for protection from big pharma and big insurance as justification for requiring us to use big pharma and big insurance; up to and including allowing them to write the rules …and baked in a large profit margin for both industries, while promising us a savings of $2,500 per year.
    Forgetting the pubs tried to phckkk it up constantly so it was not remotely what they tried to put in place. Btw it saved me way more than 2500 a year and I kept our doctors.........but it is a mess now as most of the insurance companies kept bailing because I guess they couldnt steal as easily as this thread brings to light. Murica.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 1,731
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 44,082x in 28,492 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    By whom? Who is holding them responsible now?

The story is that CIGNA is doing this and individuals are being affected but who is going after them legally?

I don't see how that would change under a programming decision. A class action suit only benefits the law firm in the end. So you still have people having to fight individually against the insurance company that would be claiming AI perfection.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,313
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,046x in 8,894 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    By whom? Who is holding them responsible now?

The story is that CIGNA is doing this and individuals are being affected but who is going after them legally?

I don't see how that would change under a programming decision. A class action suit only benefits the law firm in the end. So you still have people having to fight individually against the insurance company that would be claiming AI perfection.
    If the allegations are proven in court, CIGNA will have regulators breathing down their neck.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,585x in 25,141 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenpe View Post
    Forgetting the pubs tried to phckkk it up constantly so it was not remotely what they tried to put in place. Btw it saved me way more than 2500 a year and I kept our doctors.........but it is a mess now as most of the insurance companies kept bailing because I guess they couldnt steal as easily as this thread brings to light. Murica.
    Forgetting the dems tried to phckkk it up immediately by increasing my premiums but giving me pregnancy coverage with that they put in place.
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,623x in 14,844 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DGUtley View Post
    Forgetting the dems tried to phckkk it up immediately by increasing my premiums but giving me pregnancy coverage with that they put in place.
    I had no idea @DGUtley C
    ongrats , boy, girl or other?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (05-09-2023)

+ Reply to Thread