Thanked 44,137x in 28,529 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo1234 View Post
    How about you provide some proof that it is false

Or shut the $#@! up
    This is where he pulls out his left wing mediabiasfactcheck type site to tell you that the news sites that disagree with the left are bad men.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 410
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,464x in 20,422 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or shut the $#@! up
    I have yet to ever see him come back to answer for posting of-topic or defend his agiprop statements.
    So............good luck with that
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or shut the $#@! up

It's real. It's been going around for a few years, but it looks like it's catching on more now. The idea behind it is to keep from hurting the feelings of women who have lost children, had miscarriages, or simply could never get pregnant.

But the thing is -- life happens and they're going to have to deal with their pain and get past it. I remember taking my daughter into the YMCA a few weeks after she was born, and I knew a lot of people there because I worked out a lot so everyone was coming over wanting to hold her and cooing over her the way women do. Except one woman ran out of the Y and I didn't find out until later that seeing my baby overwhelmed her because she'd had multiple miscarriages.

But, that story had a good ending. A few years later she had a baby boy. And, guess what? She brought him into the Y.

But anyway, that's what's behind the sentiment. It's designed to come from a caring place but as commercialized as our holidays are--there's no way to totally avoid Mother's Day. And that reminds me--I need to come up with something creative to do for my mom!
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (04-26-2023)

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Collateral Damage's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,872x in 4,196 Posts
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    It's real. It's been going around for a few years, but it looks like it's catching on more now. The idea behind it is to keep from hurting the feelings of women who have lost children, had miscarriages, or simply could never get pregnant.
    But the thing is -- life happens and they're going to have to deal with their pain and get past it. I remember taking my daughter into the YMCA a few weeks after she was born, and I knew a lot of people there because I worked out a lot so everyone was coming over wanting to hold her and cooing over her the way women do. Except one woman ran out of the Y and I didn't find out until later that seeing my baby overwhelmed her because she'd had multiple miscarriages.
    But, that story had a good ending. A few years later she had a baby boy. And, guess what? She brought him into the Y.
    But anyway, that's what's behind the sentiment. It's designed to come from a caring place but as commercialized as our holidays are--there's no way to totally avoid Mother's Day. And that reminds me--I need to come up with something creative to do for my mom!
    So even seeing another woman's baby is devastating for some women, I guess it's a matter of time that bringing children out in public will be oppressive? How about Father's Day, for those men who can't/don't have kids? Or if your father was a SOB? I suppose we should eliminate that holiday too, for fear of offending someone?

I'm over people who think the world should revolve around them. Don't like the holiday, then make a point of turning off the TV, radio, stay off social media or shopping sites until the offensive holiday is over. The rest of us will spend a nice day with the parents (if one is so lucky to have them) and move on with life.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." -- James Madison

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Collateral Damage For This Useful Post:

RMNIXON (04-26-2023)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina73 View Post
    This is where he pulls out his left wing mediabiasfactcheck type site to tell you that the news sites that disagree with the left are bad men.
    He pulls that crap out of the septic tank of his blogspot.............You did know he is less than a world-class unknown blogger, didn't you?
    Just type in midcan5 and it pops right up, and it is as full of crap as he posts here. One of the authors he is fond of quoting is himself.
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 429
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    RichardMZhlubb's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,658x in 3,674 Posts
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well you must think of the feeling of those Trans people they will never be mothers and that make them cry
    Of course, this has nothing to do with transgender people. It's corporations trying not to annoy or upset people who have lost or are estranged from their mothers or mothers who have lost or are estranged from their children and don't want to be wished a happy mother's day. Some companies are simply giving people on their email subscription lists the ability to unsubscribe from those particular messages. There's absolutely nothing to complain about here. Do you guys think that people should be forced to received Happy Mother's Day emails if they don't want them?

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 484
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    slackercruster's Avatar Senior Member
    Born L.A. - NYC 2nd home - Rustbelt home base
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 561x in 398 Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or shut the $#@! up
    A lot of sites, especially rep sites, stretch things for sensationism. Reps have little credibility anymore. You look into things and the story is only partially true many times. Dems are already lost, but can't base any hopes of reps having much honesty either.

cargo ships.jpg

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,541x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How $#@!-
    Quote Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
    A lot of sites, especially rep sites, stretch things for sensationism. Reps have little credibility anymore. You look into things and the story is only partially true many times. Dems are already lost, but can't base any hopes of reps having much honesty either.

Attachment 56947
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardMZhlubb View Post
    Of course, this has nothing to do with transgender people. It's corporations trying not to annoy or upset people who have lost or are estranged from their mothers or mothers who have lost or are estranged from their children and don't want to be wished a happy mother's day. Some companies are simply giving people on their email subscription lists the ability to unsubscribe from those particular messages. There's absolutely nothing to complain about here. Do you guys think that people should be forced to received Happy Mother's Day emails if they don't want them?
    ahem********** Some mothers don't deserve to be called mothers.
    I'm sick of hearing about how we should care about things when pointed out by bigots.............
    Getting junk mail you don't want? Get the $#@! off of the internet if you don't know to delete unwanted mail.
    God, some people are so fricking sensitive. It's called life.
    I notice not one of you bemoaned how a mother feels when she doesn't get a Happy Mother's after 40 years worth of love, it's gone in the blink of an eye.
    I'd give my soul for her to get just one more from each.
    Last edited by stjames1_53; 04-26-2023 at 11:26 AM.
    - Thucydides

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (04-26-2023),Cotton1 (04-26-2023),Now_What (04-26-2023),Peter1469 (04-26-2023),Red Lily (04-26-2023)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Collateral Damage View Post
    So even seeing another woman's baby is devastating for some women, I guess it's a matter of time that bringing children out in public will be oppressive? How about Father's Day, for those men who can't/don't have kids? Or if your father was a SOB? I suppose we should eliminate that holiday too, for fear of offending someone?

I'm over people who think the world should revolve around them. Don't like the holiday, then make a point of turning off the TV, radio, stay off social media or shopping sites until the offensive holiday is over. The rest of us will spend a nice day with the parents (if one is so lucky to have them) and move on with life.

Yeah, I'm going to have a good day, too. I would never go out of my way to intentionally hurt someone's feelings but no one should have to tiptoe just because someone else has suffered loss of some sort.

I kind of wonder if these big advertisers are being accused of being so commercial that they're trying to interject a little empathy into their marketing.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

Collateral Damage (04-26-2023)

+ Reply to Thread