User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Peach Syrup & Jam for pancakes : )

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 2,210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Just AnotherPerson's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,555x in 5,668 Posts
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peach Syrup & Jam for pancakes : )

So the other day I made some homemade syrup and jam. This is best for using on pancakes. That morning was lovely, there was a mist moving through the forest the birds were chirping away. I was enjoying myself in the warmth of my kitchen creating up some recipes. This one is not on the healthy list.

Syrup & jam.jpg

For anyone who is interested here is the recipe

Ingredients:

Frozen peaches or fresh
    raw unprocessed sugar or what ever kind you like : )
    water

I used frozen peaches and let them thaw, about two cups. I then diced them up and put them in a small sauce pan. I put in 3/4 of a cup of raw sugar, and 3/4 of a cup of water. I let it boil then put it on a medium simmer and cooked it for a little over 20 minutes. At this point I tasted one of the peaches and an automatic smile appeared on my face. Once the peaches were cooked down I put a fine mesh strainer in a bowl and dumped them in liquid and all. You want the syrup to drain through the strainer. At this point I got a fork and smashed the peaches for quite a while to get most of the syrup out of them. You have to also run your fork along the outside of the strainer to get some of that thick syrup to release. Once you are satisfied that you got enough syrup out, then put the liquid syrup back in the pan and cook on a low simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes to further reduce it. When you are done pour it into a container.

For the jam put your smashed peaches back into the pan put in 1/4 up to 1/2 a cup of water and about 1.5 tbsps of sugar. Smash the peaches with a potato smasher while they are cooking down. Just cook it until it is to your desired consistency for me it was about 5 minutes. This is not the sweetest or very tart because most of the goodies went into the syrup. If you want it to be sweeter you can certainly put in more sugar or if you desire it to be a bit tart you can put in a little of lemon juice. But I thought for pancakes it was nice enough, it was light and tasty.

If you have syrup and jam left over after you have had it on pancakes then pour the syrup into the jam and stir it up that will give it some tart for using it as a jam on other things. If you want to make just the jam then just skip the straining step and cook it down with all ingredients and smash it all together and maybe include a little lemon.

I also think if you wanted to do this recipe in a more healthy way you could use dates instead of sugar they are wonderfully sweet.
    Last edited by Just AnotherPerson; 05-01-2023 at 09:14 AM.
    We are all brothers and sisters in humanity. We are all made from the same dust of stars. We cannot be separated because all life is interconnected.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just AnotherPerson For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (05-01-2023),stephenpe (05-01-2023)

+ Reply to Thread