Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,482x in 15,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD GUY IN FLORIDA View Post
    Gee Cletus. I will remember this the next time I have an appointment at the VA. I'll just tell them, No, Cletus says I already got paid for my service" Give my spot to some illegal with scabbies instead.

Punk
    Pull your head out of your ass long enough to pay attention to what I have been saying. I didn't say anything about veterans using the services or getting the benefits to which the are entitled. That was part of the deal when you enlisted and you are entitled to those. That is not what I am talking about at all.

So you can take your "punk" and shove it. If you want to pretend all these whiners who are gaming the system and trying to get a free ride are the same as you and the millions of other veterans who came back and rejoined society and didn't use their time in service as an excuse to become a drunk or an addict or just a freeloader trying to milk the system for whatever they can get, go right ahead. You are not doing them any favors by pandering to them. All you are doing is $#@!ting on the millions who wore the uniform, did their duty, then moved on and continued to contribute to society by starting families, businesses, or just being good solid citizens.

The next time you see an able bodied guy on a street corner with a cardboard sign that says "Disabled Veteran" playing on the sympathies of those well intentioned but too stupid to see through the scam, take him home with you. Adopt him. Show him off to the Vets who are walking around on prosthetic legs, or who are in wheelchairs, or have one scars you'll never even see, working, living their lives, the ones who faced the trauma and adversity and picked themselves up and drove on. Show them how compassionate you are.
    “Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in pursuit of justice is no virtue.” - Barry Goldwater

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (05-15-2023)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    You know, I get really tired of people playing the "poor, poor veteran" card. I am not talking about caring people speaking in support of veterans. I am talking about the vets themselves who think society owes them a living. When they enlisted, they agreed to do a job and all it entails for a specified amount of compensation. That is all that is owed to them. What most of them need instead of a free hotel room is a boot in the fourth point of contact and someone to tell them to pull their heads out of their asses and stop feeling sorry for themselves.

As far as housing illegals goes... They should be tattooed across the forehead and returned to the other side of the border and if spotted on this side again, loaded into a C-130 and dropped a hundred miles out at sea.

The vets weren't exactly "booted." They were moved to different hotels, some of which were higher quality than the ones that took in the migrants.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,542x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    The vets weren't exactly "booted." They were moved to different hotels, some of which were higher quality than the ones that took in the migrants.
    But the hookers don't knock on the door once the sun goes down at the higher quality hotels.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

+ Reply to Thread