NoisyBoy's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,072x in 2,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a real life funny story about a man with Tourettes Syndrome in a packed lunchtime restaurant. But it would be to insensitive for today’s sensitive listener.

Montani Semper Liberi

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoisyBoy For This Useful Post:

HawkTheSlayer (02-04-2024),Red Lily (05-31-2023)

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,639x in 14,854 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    Femcels are an online social scene composed of "involuntarily celibate" women. (Hence the shorthand 'fem' for female and 'cel' for celibate.) The exact definition of this creature has become highly subjective, but broadly speaking it refers to women who cannot find either love or sex (that is not abuse) or alternatively find themselves persistently lacking one of those two things when they want both. One thing is for sure though: the number of ladies identifying themselves with the term has increased exponentially in recent years, and so the community and culture of femceldom has expanded and become a more widely-known quantity. It's the culture part that's relevant to this thread 'cause, though I hardly qualify as a femcel myself, I feel for their struggles and love their community (or at least a lot of it anyway).

Broadly speaking, femcel culture is a combination of goth and geeky aesthetics fused with an endearingly self-deprecating sense of humor. For example, if you've noticed any young women dressed up in brown bear costumes that look like this one in public in recent years, that's a form of identification with the lonely main character of the '90s-era cyberpunk anime series Serial Experiments Lain, which has become known as "the femcel anime" of late. The titular Lain in the show wears her bear pajamas for comfort when she's feeling down. A girl or young woman seen wearing Lain-esque brown bear PJs in public places today is probably telling you she counts herself a femcel by so doing. There are lots of cute, dorky quirks like that to femcel culture.

Anyway, more specifically I wanted to dedicate a thread to sharing femcel memes 'cause, while some are just plain sad or angry, a lot of them I find pretty funny in their self-awareness. There's a self-deprecating quality to many of them that I can't help being charmed by. It seems to be a survival tactic, and a healthy one really. Humor is a form of acceptance in many ways. When we laugh at ourselves, on some level or other we're accepting ourselves, with our flaws and shortcomings.

So with all that said, here are a few of my current favorite femcel memes:

Attachment 57749

Attachment 57750

Attachment 57751

Attachment 57752

Attachment 57753

I can and may very well always share more here later. Like immediately.
    So to boil this down we are talking about women who can't get laid? I'm having trouble believing that. They know about closing time, right?

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 1,354
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,721x in 4,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today calls for more femcel memez. I think these self-depreciating gags are pretty self-explanatory.

1.jpg

7.jpg

8.png

5.jpg

3.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (02-01-2024)

+ Reply to Thread