User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: There will never be a video game experience quite like Mass Effect ever again

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    StarlightZeroHour's Avatar Junior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13x in 9 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There will never be a video game experience quite like Mass Effect ever again

The Mass Effect trilogy is not just a game series but a experience. It is one of the most celebrated game series in the gaming community.

Few games have given me the sense of wonder of Mass Effect 1.

It is considered the Star Wars of video games.

But it's universe and story is more scientific compared to the more fantastical Star Wars universe.

Sci fi like Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, Star Trek, and Vernor Vinge's A Fire Upon the Deep were some of it's biggest influences. Bioware said 70s sci fi were Mass Effect 1's biggest influences.

Like Mass Effect, The Expanse has a lovable spaceship crew, intergalactic mystery, political intrigue, ancient alien tech the heroic spaceship captain(Shepard and Holden) can interact with, exciting space battles, and a story that doesn't let you go.

The Mass Effect games were the first time the industry made a series where the player was given choices that would affect the story as the player progressed through the story.

Very few games combine the feeling of being a spaceship captain with a gripping cinematic story.

Before playing Mass Effect I only played Call of Duty and racing games. What I experienced blew me away. It was like experiencing a interactive sci fi novel. It was like being the director of your own movie. When I first visited the Citadel I was in awe.

I remember watching Star Wars with my Dad when I was young but not being very into it. I more into war movies and military history.

But after experiencing Mass Effect stuff like space battles and intergalactic adventure became very exciting to me.

After experiencing the trilogy I binged watched Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, and Firefly.

There was also this series of sci fi novels becoming popular called The Expanse.

This was 2014.
    Last edited by StarlightZeroHour; 02-11-2024 at 06:27 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to StarlightZeroHour For This Useful Post:

Red Lily (02-11-2024)

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 743
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,184x in 27,947 Posts
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once the games went online, I stopped playing.

I'm still trying to get my PS2 emulator to sit my screen properly, so that I can steal cars and run over hookers.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kilgram's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,497x in 1,221 Posts
    Mentioned
    435 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not same style, but Baldur's Gate 3 is a great game. There are a lot of impressive games out there. And there are still many great single players.

Stay away from Bethesda's try of Sci-fi fiction, that expensive bad game called Starfield.
    WORK AND FIGHT FOR THE REVOLUTION AND AGAINST THE INJUSTICE.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial10000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class
    Jen's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,383x in 1,221 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilgram View Post
    Not same style, but Baldur's Gate 3 is a great game. There are a lot of impressive games out there. And there are still many great single players.

Stay away from Bethesda's try of Sci-fi fiction, that expensive bad game called Starfield.
    My husband plays most video games (he's doing Diablo right now). I played the first Baldur's Gate and also Icewind Dale and Neverwinters Night. My husband has been trying to get me to play the new Baldur's.

I have been playing World of Warcraft since it started. My sons did beta testing for WoW and thought I would like it. They were just kids then, but I tried it anyway. Loved it.

This one here seems way to real and scary for me to even look at. I'll stick with WoW.
    WWG1WGA

+ Reply to Thread