Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,072x in 776 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perianne View Post
    The Bible teaches us that Jews are God's chosen people. As such, I instinctively distrust people who are anti-Israel. I believe the last days will involve Israel and that those who support Israel will be on God's side.
    I like you a lot, Peri, but this sort of thing really scares me.
    "I got no card so I got no soul ..."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gerrard Winstanley For This Useful Post:

Common Sense (06-20-2014),Ethereal (06-21-2014)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,583x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha View Post
    Israel is a country and currently due to the influx of Russian "Jews" like my family on my mother's side many Israelis are not even religious but ethnic Jews.

"Jews" are all over the globe and a "people", a "nation" and that is very different than a bunch of dirt with invisible lines all over it.
    Real estate is very much tied to the concept of nation in most cultures/civilizations. It's "a bunch of dirt with invisible lines all over it" only to an outsider. An outsider like the rootless, wandering Jew, for example.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,009
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who said that?
    It's the crux of what you're saying.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,986
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Alyosha's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,074x in 8,482 Posts
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard Winstanley View Post
    I like you a lot, Peri, but this sort of thing really scares me.
    They scare the $#@! out of people with this stuff on eschatology--look at the cover!

And if we should die tonight
    Then we should all die together
    Raise a glass of wine for the last time
    Calling out father, prepare as we will
    Watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side
    Desolation comes upon the sky..

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,583x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will admit that I have only had contact with one Jew in my whole life (as far as I know). There are not a lot of Jews where I have lived. I HAVE had a lot of contact with Arabs however.

The Bible teaches us that Jews are God's chosen people. As such, I instinctively distrust people who are anti-Israel. I believe the last days will involve Israel and that those who support Israel will be on God's side.

Israel is a tiny country that is the only friend America has in the Middle East. The Middle East is stuck in hatred, yet many people only look at Israel's part in it.

As far as I am concerned, to hell with the Palestinians and anyone else who is an enemy of Israel.

That is all.
    Sadly, we must then parts ways. That you let the Jews come between us and our Filet O' Fish is quite sad.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Gerrard Winstanley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,072x in 776 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha View Post
    They scare the $#@! out of people with this stuff on eschatology--look at the cover!

I don't believe in God. I know for a fact, however, that the character described in the Bible would never endorse the actions of the Zionists and their enablers in the West.
    "I got no card so I got no soul ..."

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 661
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is this nonsensical post in economics and poli-sci? FD: I'm married to a Jew, at least according to matriarchal rules, but our boys were raised Catholic. No matter. It's nice that the Palestinians don't count for you at least your prejudice is out in the open, most hide it behind rationalizations. So given the Bible establishes your likes, dislikes, and feelings towards others, I think the following repost should assist you in your likes and dislikes. When you have time review our leaders and let us know if you still like some of them too. Oh and since America is not in the Bible are you OK with it?

In America today we must respect your intolerant and narrow minded bigotry, Americans are always intolerant for a while, you know all the native Americans massacred, or WWII intolerance, or race intolerance, or feminist intolerance, or alcohol intolerance, or religious intolerance, we Americans eventually get over our intolerance, sometimes it takes years, sometimes a hundred years, and sometimes it just fades into a corner somewhere and only pops out when needed. Like now.

But in order for you nice freedom loving bigots to justify your intolerance you use only part of your book, time you stood up and followed all of it. See below for help.

"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit." Interesting, let's see if we can follow this Holy Book on family relations and whatnot? Why stop at hating gay people, who made them anyway, let's go all the way.

Great way to get rid of lots of congressmen.
    "If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death." (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

How old does this have to be enforced at? Lots of children swing at their parents when little? Any age limit in that book on the family? My granddaughter whacked me good at 14 months, maybe grandpas are excluded? "Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Jeez, this sure would control the population, my brother and his partner of twenty five years may complain though.
    "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Thank goodness only priest's daughter get the hot seat.
    "A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death." (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Is it OK if you marry the $#@! after fornication or does that count too? Maybe kill each other? Anyone know.
    "But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst." (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

These Bible folks sound a bit like Union organizers? No work on Sunday, huh. Imagine the stampede at Walmart after the loud speaker announcement.
    "The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'" (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

Is this retroactively possible? I mean suppose you find out after the sons have flew the coup? Is it necessary to track them down?
    "Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants." (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

"Abraham had two wives, Sarah and her handmaiden Hagar. King Solomon had 700 wives, plus 300 concubines and slaves. Jacob, the patriarch who gives Israel its name, had two wives and two concubines. In a humanist vein, Exodus 21:10 warns that when men take additional wives, they must still provide for their previous one. (Exodus 21:16 adds that if a man seduces a virgin and has sex with her, he has to marry her, too.)"

All around good advice? Sounds a little nutty to me but maybe that's just me?
    "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing." (Exodus 32:26-29 NLT)[/QUOTE]
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

9. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,470
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Perianne's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,534x in 1,379 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Sadly, we must then parts ways. That you let the Jews come between us and our Filet O' Fish is quite sad.
    Are you serious?

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassSocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://www.aipac.org/connect/communities/yourchurch

The evangelical Christian community plays an increasingly vital role in AIPAC’s work to strengthen ties between the United States and Israel. Religiously-motivated pro-Israel Christians, those whose affinity for Israel reflects their theology and faith, represent a diverse cross-section of American Christianity. Many evangelical Christians affiliate with non-denominational churches across the country, from small rural churches to larger “megachurches” with more than 2,000 weekly attendees. Furthermore, polls indicate that support for Israel is highly related to adherence to evangelical beliefs and frequency of church attendance. By one estimate, 20-25 million Americans define themselves as evangelical Christians, representing a tremendous pool of potential pro-Israel advocates.

AIPAC’s evangelical Christian Outreach effort seeks to identify pro-Israel Christian leaders in districts with large evangelical populations, encourage their involvement in pro-Israel advocacy among their communities and educate them how to engage their members of Congress most effectively.
    The truly sad part of all of this is that Jews don't actually like evangelical Christians. Evangelicals vote Republican and if you look at voting and support by Jews for political candidates it leans heavily Democratic.

Here is a good article on the subject: http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Chri...rmageddon.aspx

Getting American evangelicals to travel to Israel was only half of the Israeli strategy. The other half was to create a politically-engaged, pro-Israel force among conservative American Christians in the United States. Shortly after the Six-Day War, elements within the Israeli government saw the potential power of the evangelical subculture and began to mobilize it as a base of support that could influence American foreign policy. The Israeli government sent Yona Malachy of its Department of Religious Affairs to the United States to study American fundamentalism and its potential as an ally of Israel. Malachy was warmly received by fundamentalists and was able to influence some of them to issue strong pro-Israeli manifestos. By the mid-1980s, there was a discernible shift in the Israeli political strategy. The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the Jewish state's major lobbying group in Washington, D.C., started re-aligning itself with the American political right-wing, including Christian conservatives. Israel's timing was perfect. It began working seriously with American dispensationalists at the precise moment that American fundamentalists and evangelicals were discovering their political voice.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard Winstanley View Post
    I don't believe in God. I know for a fact, however, that the character described in the Bible would never endorse the actions of the Zionists and their enablers in the West.
    I believe in God and agree with you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alyosha For This Useful Post:

Gerrard Winstanley (06-20-2014)

+ Reply to Thread